Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

Simpler times, if you came across 3 or 4 bottles you were immediately rich.
I seem to remember it was threepence on a bottle? 
Sometimes the money was spent immediately, other times saved for Mr Whippy on a Friday.
Decisions decisions. 

Happy memories looking for empty ginger bottles [emoji4]

Immediately cashed in with a wee mixture as reward for our efforts sourcing them

3 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

We had Bert in Foxbar or a blue van possibly the turf war one you mentioned emoji3.png

Bert would often give us ‘brokies’ emoji4.png

Oh, was it Parducci’s ?

Pacini's was a wee cafe on the corner of Caledonia St/Blythswood drive.

They then opened the chippe further along Caledonia Street. 

Also "used" the paper shop on Caledonia St, Adams in the early days, then changed ownership to Alex somebody, can't quite recall his surname. 

Pacini's was a wee cafe on the corner of Caledonia St/Blythswood drive.
They then opened the chippe further along Caledonia Street. 
Also "used" the paper shop on Caledonia St, Adams in the early days, then changed ownership to Alex somebody, can't quite recall his surname. 

Ah, of course when I moved to 37 Caledonia St opposite I’d nip in for mint choc chip ice cream, I’d forgotten what the place was called

On 9/11/2021 at 9:18 AM, Scott-Leeds said:

We had Bert in Foxbar or a blue van possibly the turf war one you mentioned emoji3.png

Thanks for that amazing blast from the past. Bert's Ices, I had forgotten all about that bugger.

When I was a young 'un I stayed in Foxbar from 1963 to 1968. By the time you raced down from the 10th floor of Oliphant Court the van had gone.

Pure cruelty !!!!

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thanks for that amazing blast from the past. Bert's Ices, I had forgotten all about that bugger.

When I was a young 'un I stayed in Foxbar from 1963 to 1968. By the time you raced down from the 10th floor of Oliphant Court the van had gone.

Pure cruelty !!!!

I remember palombos when we lived on brediland road and chics that used to park just outside gate at Camphill. As for when we lived in Heriot Court, we were on top floor so if you heard ice cream van their was no chance of getting to it 🤣

On 9/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, StanleySaint said:

We had Parducci whizzing round Glenburn, particularly eventful when one crashed and disintegrated on impact unguarded produce everywhere........I'm told.

Tony Trento's used to serve the top half of Glenburn. 

But Ferguslie was where one made the big bucks.  Several vans used to do a circuit between Candren Road and Dalkieth Avenue. 

Ginger bottles in exchange for a couple of fags (smoking type)

11 hours ago, chalky1 said:

Growing up in the river's area as one ice-cream van left the street another was only moments away, Thinks it Berts (Him and his Son) Palumbo's , Mario's and the the walls vans. Might also been 1 or 2 others

When the f*ck did that name get tagged on? I've heard it a few times, but it was never called that in my day.

2 hours ago, saint in exile said:

When the f*ck did that name get tagged on? I've heard it a few times, but it was never called that in my day.

Probably from the moment someone (who was good at geography at school) discovered why the streets were named Dee, Don, Forth, Esk, Spey, Ettrick  etc. 

1 minute ago, pod said:

Probably from the moment someone (who was good at geography at school) discovered why the streets were named Dee, Don, Forth, Esk, Spey, Ettrick  etc. 

Would go as far to say some 'star performer' at district council thought of it to justify a no doubt inflated salary😐