Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

26 minutes ago, pod said:

Western, when we used to have a decent bus service.

Quarter Final League Cup Tie in 1971 .

We travelled to Annfield Park on our Supporters Bus , which was a black and white coloured Western Scottish.

1 hour ago, shull said:

BSD857T-3.jpg.03bb9399024c66a358ba874dd0574d40.jpg

Just like what I passed my bus test in but ours was a bit older. Crash box and no power steering. Unlike today. Talking of today, I found out I will have to start back for a few days in training school when I go back to work just incase I've forgotten how to drive a bus🙄. I've only been driving them and coaches for last 25 years😂.

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

Just like what I passed my bus test in but ours was a bit older. Crash box and no power steering. Unlike today. Talking of today, I found out I will have to start back for a few days in training school when I go back to work just incase I've forgotten how to drive a bus[emoji849]. I've only been driving them and coaches for last 25 years[emoji23].

Same here except it was a double decker.

Antrin will be along soon to tell us we were lucky not to have wooden wheels and 2 horse power (real horses) like in his day. [emoji1787]

50 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Just like what I passed my bus test in but ours was a bit older. Crash box and no power steering. Unlike today. Talking of today, I found out I will have to start back for a few days in training school when I go back to work just incase I've forgotten how to drive a bus🙄. I've only been driving them and coaches for last 25 years😂.

Did ye 'forget' to do your annual day-a-year's training during covid?

I've given up my licence.

Cost of that training plus annual medicals/certification of fitness had become a waste of my money because -   before covid - we had step-on-drivers foisted on us - for safety. 

Apparently, its dangerous to drive and talk at the same time.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

My grandad was a bus driver, lived to aged 82, I hope that when I die it’s just like him, peacefully in his sleep and not like his passengers all screaming and shouting! 

13 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

My grandad was a bus driver, lived to aged 82, I hope that when I die it’s just like him, peacefully in his sleep and not like his passengers all screaming and shouting! 

Boom Boom 💥 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Did ye 'forget' to do your annual day-a-year's training during covid?

I've given up my licence.

Cost of that training plus annual medicals/certification of fitness had become a waste of my money because -   before covid - we had step-on-drivers foisted on us - for safety. 

Apparently, its dangerous to drive and talk at the same time.  :rolleyes:

I think all that had been suspended between covid and brexit. No doubt it will start again🙄. Nothing more exciting than somebody telling you how to do your job, blah, blah.

I think all that had been suspended between covid and brexit. No doubt it will start again[emoji849]. Nothing more exciting than somebody telling you how to do your job, blah, blah.
Only thing worse than having to give private hire drivers directions is having to give bus drivers directions.

In the last month I've had to do it numerous times. [emoji24]

Only thing worse than having to give private hire drivers directions is having to give bus drivers directions.

In the last month I've had to do it numerous times. [emoji24]

Shouting "get oot the effin way ya prick" as you rush past when late for work does not constitute giving them directions.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:58 PM, Slash said:

1EB5DAED-6246-4601-9983-23009F1893DC.jpeg.5456d56db480faf2e07ca1d8a70c3b64.jpeg

That corner had mixed memories for me.

It was where I usually met my long-term girl friend, but when we had our off moments throughout my formative school years, there were other girls who caught the eye, and needless to say Burtons Corner was the agreed meeting place.

I got 'stood up' on more than one occasion:angry: