Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

So it was. Did castle street not have some houses with thatched roofs? I know tannahills cottage had a thatched roof but thought some buildings in castle street did also, my memory could be playing tricks though. 

Think your mind playing tricks mate………..unless of course you’re much older than me 🤔 

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

I think that’s what’s happening to the Paisley Centre

Don’t know if that’s been decided yet . Be interesting to see what plans they have .

If I had the money and the power, I’d demolish the Piazza , open up the river and make the area a leisure and social centre with riverside Bars , Cafe & eateries ( some decent weather would be nice too !! ) 

Re- develop the Paisley centre bounded by High Street / causeyside street / new street  And make that area the main shopping area - too few shops split between Paisley centre / high street / Piazza means more lying empty than occupied. 

I appreciate this is highly unlikely to happen, you’d need a budget comparable to A Tory Donors covid contract award and a lot of patience while it was carried out but one can but dream 💭 

On 11/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

The cottage arms. Now a spar or something. I remember the wee room you had to go into if you wanted a carry out. How times have changed, 3 aisles of the supermarket devoted to booze. 

I remember the the Firs had one too in between the bar and the conifer lounge that never seemed to be used.

7 hours ago, Slarti said:
16 hours ago, HSS said:
Aye but only for pedestrians emoji34.png

They are going to build a ROADbridge next according to the thing I read. It didn't say exactly where, just over the White Cart.

I think it’s going to be across the cart at Babcocks. Joining the new centre for manufacturing excellence which is currently being built with Renfrew. A cycle path will then head along the river passing by the old chivas site and Reid Kerr, apparently. 

I think it’s going to be across the cart at Babcocks. Joining the new centre for manufacturing excellence which is currently being built with Renfrew. A cycle path will then head along the river passing by the old chivas site and Reid Kerr, apparently. 
I knew about the one at Wright Street. Just that the article mentioned a bridge with traffic travelling east to west from Renfrew Road to Love Street. [emoji106]

It definitely said that it would join Renfrew Rd to Love St, so it can't be there.

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It definitely said that it would join Renfrew Rd to Love St, so it can't be there.

As the man in the orthopaedic shoe said, “ I stand corrected “