Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

On 11/27/2021 at 11:16 AM, Cookie Monster said:
On 11/27/2021 at 10:41 AM, Slarti said:
They are going to build a ROADbridge next according to the thing I read. It didn't say exactly where, just over the White Cart.

I read that about a road connecting Renfrew Road and Love Street.

Inkedpaisley_LI.thumb.jpg.e2eaa1084eab18fff1b6e25c1d6bc379.jpg

Just maybe somewhere along the red line. 
Possibly

https://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk/article/8897/White-Cart-can-unlock-Paisleys-economic-potential

A report to Renfrewshire Council's Leadership Board details the Strategic Business Case for building new connections along the White Cart corridor, including a 'gateway' road bridge at Paisley Harbour and an east-west road link from Renfrew Road to the edge of the river.

I think ( fairly sure ) my Aunt lived on ground floor in the tenement block in the 70’s - I used to go there.

Did it have an old railway line running behind it ?
The railway line ran under Renfrew Road and behind Reid Kerr College. With a siding down towards your Aunts. Last train I seen on it was about 1978.

Train line [emoji837][emoji837][emoji837][emoji837]

Aunts house🟢 bottom left. 460afdd883f4ac57704c49bd2d7fe532.jpg

Before Great Mills, wasn't there a cold storage warehouse there with a big canopy in front. 
No, it was Tesco. I asked some mates as we grew up in Gallowhill about it, when a work colleague was talking about a cash van incident at it. Somehow I had a brain freeze and had forgot it was Tesco that built it. Though it wasn't allowed to sell food.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 hours ago, pod said:
Before Great Mills, wasn't there a cold storage warehouse there with a big canopy in front. 

No, it was Tesco. I asked some mates as we grew up in Gallowhill about it, when a work colleague was talking about a cash van incident at it. Somehow I had a brain freeze and had forgot it was Tesco that built it. Though it wasn't allowed to sell food.

I don't recall it being a Tesco, you must be older than me. :D