Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

26 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Vauxhall Viva at the front of the parked cars.

Wife drove 1 of those during the seventies.

7 days after getting it, something went bang inside the engine while driving pass Loch Ness  ☹️

Towed into Inverness and some backstreet garage did enough for us to get home 2 days later. 

Wasn't the worst car she had, and it did managed to get me and the mate to Dundee the night we won the league in 1977  👍

Also found a can of lager in the car the next day as she drove me to work, so that was my tea break sorted   :lol:

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Wife drove 1 of those during the seventies.

7 days after getting it, something went bang inside the engine while driving pass Loch Ness  ☹️

Towed into Inverness and some backstreet garage did enough for us to get home 2 days later. 

Wasn't the worst car she had, and it did managed to get me and the mate to Dundee the night we won the league in 1977  👍

Also found a can of lager in the car the next day as she drove me to work, so that was my tea break sorted   :lol:

7 of us crammed in to a viva for the trip to the same match

7 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

It suggests Paisley Cross in the early 50's after a Saint's game .................... but there isn't a scarf in sight!?

Maybe just a busy Saturday, but there are a lot of males visible, so maybe they were right.

Paisley - early public transport3.jpg

Yes , it’s a Saints game.   Unfortunately this picture was taken at 4:30 😉

On 1/6/2022 at 10:53 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Wow, that's a beauty. Architecturally nothing has changed but the trams, busses and cobbles are a fantastic reminder of a bygone era.

Here's one from the 50's and obviously a fair bit has changed, but the Bobby is still on duty standing right in the middle of the Cross. That must have been the short straw for any traffic cop in these days, standing right in the middle of all these fumes!

Pailey Cross from the Town Hall1.jpg

This looks like the late 19th / early 20th century - Causeyside Street, - I think this must have been taken looking south.

The reason it's in colour is due to the fashion at the time of taking a black and white photo ('cause that's all they could take) and then painting over it with stylised colour.

Paisley Causeyside St Early photo coloured.jpg