Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

32 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Has anyone ever bothered to count the number of active aliases he has at any one time? :lol

No point. Titch is determined to be top of the “likes” list however he does it. Sad for a grown man, I would say but if it’s his life’s purpose then don’t let’s be too hard on him. He can’t help himself.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

Has anyone ever bothered to count the number of active aliases he has at any one time? :lol

I noticed the old troll liked your post, baffling, as Shull and his aliases are liking nim to death. :wacko:

Then I removed the ignore function and, low and behold, he's shown he's misunderstood YET again.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

No point. Titch is determined to be top of the “likes” list however he does it. Sad for a grown man, I would say but if it’s his life’s purpose then don’t let’s be too hard on him. He can’t help himself.

The strange Toxic Titch is still obsessed with likes. He checks likes given and likes received by many others. Most importantly, he reads everything by people he claims to ignore. He has never put anybody on ignore.

Please don’t ruin the best thread with brilliant contributions by many with this nonsense, please.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, faraway saint said:

Paisley Cross c.1968 A 'real' McGills Bus. The Leyland Titan PD2.30 comes through Paisley Cross on its way to Skye Crescent. Looks like a quiet morning in the town with only a few pedestrians. Note the wee Bear Charity collection.

May be an image of 4 people and street

I remember the wee bear collection tins, it reminded me of the wee lassie with leg callipers one, that used to scare me as a kid, what were they thinking.......

No photo description available.

Moss Street around 1977.

Staffinders were very busy back then. The Glasgow Herald/Evening Times office can be seen further down County Place. Is that a Tullochs the Butcher van ?

Curry and Paxton made precision lenses in Victorian times. By the 1960s they had opened a nationwide chain of opticians, with one very famous customer: Michael Caine. Not a lot of people know that.

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Moss Street around 1977.

Staffinders were very busy back then. The Glasgow Herald/Evening Times office can be seen further down County Place. Is that a Tullochs the Butcher van ?

Curry and Paxton made precision lenses in Victorian times. By the 1960s they had opened a nationwide chain of opticians, with one very famous customer: Michael Caine. Not a lot of people know that.

Next door to Curry & Paxton in Moss Street is a Tobacconist. Also on the same side as the Times office was the Hairdressers/Barbers. As they now say on BBC Scotland radio, there is other papers. Who can remember the other evening paper, the Citizen and their office in Old Sneddon.

Next door to Curry & Paxton in Moss Street is a Tobacconist. Also on the same side as the Times office was the Hairdressers/Barbers. As they now say on BBC Scotland radio, there is other papers. Who can remember the other evening paper, the Citizen and their office in Old Sneddon.

Tobacconist is still there, Harvie's?

10 hours ago, hamlet said:

You used to get the Pink Times and the Green Citizen around 5:30om on a Sat with all the football results,match reports etc 

6.10 pm was the time to get the Green Citizen and Pink Times from the wee dude located at  Barrhead Centre.

Always read the Saints match report in the Citizen while walking back to the house then gave that one to my dad as I kept the Times for my reading.

If there was any change, even a halfpenny, he never let me keep it.

Fecking Booooooo !!!

On 3/15/2022 at 7:02 AM, faraway saint said:

Moss Street around 1977.

Footballer Eddie Morrison was the manager of the Herald/Times office , quite a few of his team-mates worked part-time there , including Eric Murray and Davie Provan !

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Footballer Eddie Morrison was the manager of the Herald/Times office , quite a few of his team-mates worked part-time there , including Eric Murray and Davie Provan !

As did Dixie Deans. He helped out when he was serving a six week? ban just when he signed for Celtic. I worked there after school and Saturdays then.

Edited by stlucifer

Former RAI neilston road on Fire tonight.

E8AA53A9-0897-4DA8-B608-739AC4D51EAE.thumb.jpeg.d37a8af91ea97b77755194a229a0fe14.jpeg

There is a campaign to save the RAI as it’s owner has allowed it to crumble and die. 

Will be sad to lose another famous Paisley building.

Edited by SuperSaints1877