Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

I don’t use Facebook, but I recognise where the pix are nicked from.   A bit of humility and acknowledging someone else did the work that you nicked wouldn’t go amiss.

Keep posting inept patter.

You're enjoyably inadequate and pathetic.  :)

Just now, antrin said:

I don’t use Facebook, but I recognise where the pix are nicked from.   A bit of humility and acknowledging someone else did the work that you nicked wouldn’t go amiss.

Keep posting inept patter.

You're enjoyably inadequate and pathetic.  :)

Nicked. :lol:

Tragic, could be your middle name. 🤡

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Paisley cross, 1980's, the big fella looks familiar? 

No photo description available.

The big fella sold the evening times at the cross I think? Can’t remember his name but think he took over from wee Dougie. I think the woman smoking a fag to the right might be one of the Davidsons from Feegie? 

Fartaway…. Fartaway….   Sigh…

As you call every decent Buddie who threatens to post almost as much as you (and always better quality than you) a troll, why should I feel offended by you adding me to that list?

YOU are easily the biggest, shitiest troll on the site.  Offensive and nasty. 

The reason I noted the source of the pix you post is that you never acknowledge the source… as if you really ever sought out anything if interest all by yourself.  A decent person would acknowledge the source.

As I knew you wouldn’t be a decent person, I pointed out the truth.  Why should you get any credit?

Do you really believe you're a good guy?  :lol:

The big fella sold the evening times at the cross I think? Can’t remember his name but think he took over from wee Dougie. I think the woman smoking a fag to the right might be one of the Davidsons from Feegie? 
His name was Ian, can't remember his surname. Lived in Cartha Crescent opposite the high flats.

6 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The newspaper thing was mentioned on Facebook, and it does ring a bell seeing him around that area. :thumbs2

19 minutes ago, Slarti said:
25 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

His name was Ian, can't remember his surname. Lived in Cartha Crescent opposite the high flats.

He stayed in Seedhill Rd too

50 minutes ago, antrin said:

You can see them on Facebook… before he copies and posts them on here. Unattributed.

49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Big fcuking deal, not EVERYONE uses facebook.

Time for your Pamper and horlicks, dullard. :byebye

To be fair, I don't use Facebook. Keep on posting them, please! :)

I'm aware this isn't directly linked with Paisley but, having visited the Apollo, an iconic venue, could be seen as a sad day,..............:(

Seen plenty of groups/bands...................................not all great TBH. 

A shocking photo to thousands of gig goers down through the years. The Apollo being demolished, 1987.

PS NICKED from Facebook. :lol:

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and outdoors

Edited by faraway saint

I'm aware this isn't directly linked with Paisley but, having visited the Apollo, an iconic venue, could be seen as a sad day,..............[emoji20]
Seen plenty of groups/bands...................................not all great TBH. 
A shocking photo to thousands of gig goers down through the years. The Apollo being demolished, 1987.
PS NICKED from Facebook. [emoji38]
277355515_4603858266387220_2437445184098016310_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s1080x2048&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=TmlliGV3XL0AX-JgbtY&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT-H9wU7oKaXgu1BwAQQsorNulhemw-F_Iz5aNlcA8X3_A&oe=62C0E7C7
It's directly linked by the number 24 McGill's bus (among others).

Went to the last rock gig at the Apollo, Uriah Heep supported by Pallas, but in reality I went to see Pallas but it was a great gig and fantastic venue, back to the photo at the Cross, very familiar scene, not too bad a price for tulips either ☺️ Not bothered where the images come from, just happy to see them!

I think he stood corner of high st/moss st the big fella [emoji4]

Wee Dougie and his brother Isaac were my neighbours in Lexwell Road - often sent me to the van for 5 Woodbine

They lived in 13 I lived 15 Lexwell Rd

9 hours ago, Slarti said:
9 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Originally from Foxbar , bottom end of findhorn / Orchy crescent area I believe.
 Lots of stories of how he came to be like he was , One that did the rounds was that as a young lad he was helping some workies doing work to the tenement and fell off the scaffolding sustaining life changing injuries.  Not sure if true or not. 
Before him was Wee Dougie and his son Zak did the same thing around the same time as Big Ian . 

56 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I think he stood corner of high st/moss st the big fella emoji4.png

Wee Dougie and his brother Isaac were my neighbours in Lexwell Road - often sent me to the van for 5 Woodbine

They lived in 13 I lived 15 Lexwell Rd

I’m sure his patch was outside Burtons .  

Just saw your stuff about wee Dougie,  could I be getting mixed up with Isaac / Zak ?  Or was Zak one of their sons ? 

Originally from Foxbar , bottom end of findhorn / Orchy crescent area I believe.
 Lots of stories of how he came to be like he was , One that did the rounds was that as a young lad he was helping some workies doing work to the tenement and fell off the scaffolding sustaining life changing injuries.  Not sure if true or not. 
Before him was Wee Dougie and his son Zak did the same thing around the same time as Big Ian . 

They all fell off scaffolding around the same time? [emoji16]

I’m sure his patch was outside Burtons .  

Just saw your stuff about wee Dougie,  could I be getting mixed up with Isaac / Zak ?  Or was Zak one of their sons ? 

You got me thinking, I assumed brothers ? But you might be right.

Lived in middle floor, used to chuck the money out the window in an empty fag packet when he asked us to go to the van for his 5 Woodbine

24 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

When you think of all the greats of the music world who graced the stage of The Appollo and the last act to play before it was demolished was the f**king Style Council. :angry:

Was there in November 1973 when The Eagles were the support band for Neil Young. Eagles were magnificent, NY pretty much stank the place out by playing all new material that his audience didn't know. A horrific misjudgment by the great man, the crowd had come to hear classic stuff from After The Goldrush and Harvest.

Wasn't a huge music fan in the 1970's . Spent vast majority of funds following St Mirren everywhere.

Managed the Apollo just once. Brother took me to see Lindisfarne in the late 1970's. They were magnificent as was the support act,  a very young Chris Rea who sang most of the Benny Santini set.

Whatever happened to both ?