Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What a statement..........................:lol:

A bunch of religious people and that's Paisley sorted. :thumbsdown

Exactly what the people need. :rolleyes:

Conversion of Paisley town centre building will make High Street 'glorious again'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/conversion-paisley-town-centre-building-29467450?fbclid=IwAR1ppY241ZjEL_b_FrEnzcf7HSt6ZZIpY0PGq3aHsfBoo6fQzBW5GPUS1Fk

They run a very popular cafe in there current let in Moss street (the old job centre ) , I like the idea of repurposed buildings, I was very impressed with the Methodist church in the high street last Saturday (two towns down beer festival) they have made it into great space for hire events. 

8 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

They run a very popular cafe in there current let in Moss street (the old job centre ) , I like the idea of repurposed buildings, I was very impressed with the Methodist church in the high street last Saturday (two towns down beer festival) they have made it into great space for hire events. 

Im more than in favour of buildings being brought back to life.

I'm less than convinced this is the best use for a building in a prime location. 

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Im more than in favour of buildings being brought back to life.

I'm less than convinced this is the best use for a building in a prime location. 

A prime position indeed Unfortunately our town,in fact most towns,have lots of empty properties in prime positions sitting empty We’d all love to see the empty units filled by retailers but it’s not going to happen as these days are over Better to have “a bunch of religious people” bringing that corner of town back to life than a horrible empty unit

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

A prime position indeed Unfortunately our town,in fact most towns,have lots of empty properties in prime positions sitting empty We’d all love to see the empty units filled by retailers but it’s not going to happen as these days are over Better to have “a bunch of religious people” bringing that corner of town back to life than a horrible empty unit

Aye, its better than nothing, like a charity shop or betting shop. 🙄

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, its better than nothing, like a charity shop or betting shop. 🙄

Betting shops are also disappearing after the government changed the rules on the machines so no longer a space filler It used to be where there was a pub there was a bookies nearby Now it’s ice cream parlours!!!

Town centre shopping is a thing of the past now as the hordes head to Braehead,Silverburn or buy online Look at the Paisley Centre which is closing down soon,part of which will be turned into residential use Town centre shopping is a thing of the past so I’m delighted the old Burtons will come to life again

Good on the “bunch of religious people”

Just now, HSS said:

Betting shops are also disappearing after the government changed the rules on the machines so no longer a space filler It used to be where there was a pub there was a bookies nearby Now it’s ice cream parlours!!!

Town centre shopping is a thing of the past now as the hordes head to Braehead,Silverburn or buy online Look at the Paisley Centre which is closing down soon,part of which will be turned into residential use Town centre shopping is a thing of the past so I’m delighted the old Burtons will come to life again

You might want to tell Edinburgh and Glasgow as they, to name two, are stowed out every weekend. 

Maybe you should be a councillor, they have no ambition either it seems, or join the religious people for a prayer or two. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You might want to tell Edinburgh and Glasgow as they, to name two, are stowed out every weekend. 

Maybe you should be a councillor, they have no ambition either it seems, or join the religious people for a prayer or two. 

Cities are completely different Are you seriously comparing Paisley or any other town to Glasgow/Edinburgh? 🤔

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

I had a look at the plans for the Paisley centre (shopping centre) there will be a new street created which will join the high street with New street, new flats and independent small shops. Looks pretty good 👍🏻 

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

Cities are completely different Are you seriously comparing Paisley or any other town to Glasgow/Edinburgh? 🤔

You're splitting hairs, Paisley, in case you've forgotten, narrowly missed out on city status, which, TBH, is irrelevant.

Anyhow, I'm busy, got fitba to get ready for, enjoy your hymn singing when it opens up. :byebye

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're splitting hairs, Paisley, in case you've forgotten, narrowly missed out on city status, which, TBH, is irrelevant.

Anyhow, I'm busy, got fitba to get ready for, enjoy your hymn singing when it opens up. :byebye

^^^^^^^
Admits defeat and leaves the scene 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What part of I'm heading off to Dundee soon are you struggling with? :wacko:

WTF do you mean by defeat, it's a difference of opinion, not a fecking competition. :lol:

Toddle off. :byebye

Head off then,don’t let me stop you 👋👋👋

On 3/18/2023 at 12:17 PM, HSS said:

I was in Aberdeen last week and took a stroll along Union Street , plenty of empty shops and ones which look as if they are on their last legs. 
Unfortunately, "high street shopping" in general seems to be dying on its arse across the land, I saw a stat that a third of shops in Sauchiehall street are now lying empty - who’d have thought that would be the case just 10 years ago ? 
As more people go online, more shops will close and then folk will moan that the Toon Centres deid ! 

If you didn’t use it you’ll lose it ! 

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have absolutely no recollection of this at all !  
Where was it in relation to todays town layout and when did it shut down ? 

I don’t remember it myself but I think it was just where Back Sneddon meets North St