Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

7 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

What year do you reckon this was taken?

I'm in my 50s and I can't remember that petrol station..

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'm guessing at the earliest 1972 emoji6.png

34bca23ae27b4fb4be31aefd8570e9ee.jpg546f46098ce3665102ca10bbdc4e9f00.jpg

Has to be late 60s.  Probably 1966 (maybe earlier).  I cannae be arsed looking back at the pix on this thread which show the emerging Canal Street dual carriageway opening…  the garage opened almost synchronistically….

The wonderfully responsible person in that new garage (at the time) who collected payments, called the polis to attend a possible break-in at a 2nd floor flat in Sir Michael Place.  She’d seen someone climbing up the building’s gable end.

I opened the door to the polis.  I’d left my key indoors so climbed up the protruding bricks, then (the hard bit) got onto the kitchen windae ledge to let my self back in via that always opened windae.

Later, I went over to thank her for her public spirited call.

ps I’m not in my 50s…

Edited by antrin

Has to be late 60s.  Probably 1966 (maybe earlier).  I cannae be arsed looking back at the pix on this thread which show the emerging Canal Street dual carriageway opening…  the garage opened almost synchronistically….
The wonderfully responsible person in that new garage (at the time) who collected payments, called the polis to attend a possible break-in at a 2nd floor flat in Sir Michael Place.  She’d seen someone climbing up the building’s gable end.
I opened the door to the polis.  I’d left my key indoors so climbed up the protruding bricks, then (the hard bit) got onto the kitchen windae ledge to let my self back in via that always opened windae.
Later, I went over to thank her for her public spirited call.

ps I’m not in my 50s…
Can't be 60s as the fire station is in the background and, according to Cookie's info, that only started being built in 1971.

Don't be daft, he would be 2023 on his next birthday - if not for those pesky Romans. And it's "50s", not "50's".
Would he? The AD calendar started at 1, so how did the Romans know nearly 12 months in advance of Jesus's birth. [emoji848]

Fcuk never thought about the BC countdown. [emoji1787]

Maybe they backdated it so he'll really only be 2022.

Fcuk fcuk just remembered there was folk saying the new Millennium should be celebrated at the start of 2001. Should it have been 2002.

Fcuk fcuk fcuk I'm needing a lie down.