Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

The photo shown was after the carpet factory.It then belonged to Langs the Timber Merchants.It's last owners before it became flats,used to be one of our chairmen at Love Street.

G. L. Foulds. Some of our older members will recall his wife, Maggie Foulds and the receiption she used to recieve for the North Bank.(Jim Clunie)

Was it not Filshill Sweet factory?

When I saw this thread I suddenly thought of (slightly off topic) the new horrible addition to the architecture of Paisley - those clad ridden appartments opposite the Abbey. How on earth did they wangle planning permission for those in such a prestigeous site!

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

The photo shown was after the carpet factory.It then belonged to Langs the Timber Merchants.It's last owners before it became flats,used to be one of our chairmen at Love Street.

G. L. Foulds. Some of our older members will recall his wife, Maggie Foulds and the receiption she used to recieve for the North Bank.(Jim Clunie)

I`m not sure if it was owned buy Langs. I worked in langs in the late seventies and they operated from the building that is dingbro motor factors now. They also had the yard & buildings where pro life is now but i cant remember them owning the building in the picture.

I`m not sure if it was owned buy Langs. I worked in langs in the late seventies and they operated from the building that is dingbro motor factors now. They also had the yard & buildings where pro life is now but i cant remember them owning the building in the picture.

Actually it's Lang.Even I wrote it down wrongly.

If you look at the picture more closely,there's a clue.

Nethercommon Carpet Works, Inchinnan Rd.jpg

Great idea for a thread!!!

Opp the Aul Grun.

I now pass by it as I walk to the airyplane place. smile.png

When I was a lad, the PDE used to have an unidentified weekly foto of some interesting lump of Paisley architecture, that meant I kept my eyes looking up at, and admiring, all the buildings in the lovely town. It was a good part of my education.

(Of course the lump was revealed the following week.)

I remember that PDE feature too but are you sure you were just a lad? I would have thought it was a bit later than that. Hairy arsed schoolboy springs to mind.

My father worked at Andersons Fireplaces in Queen Street.

Memories right enough...............................

so did mine

and he helped build Anderson's house in Linwood

oops just remembered...when i was on school holiday one year i worked there for 2 weeks with

"pinky Mcguire"

Edited by saintargyll

The next picture in the series should need no introduction as everyone knows the building. Those of a certain vintage would also have spent some time inside this building when still at school. I am so sorry to see it is up for sale but as long as its put to good use and not pulled down like so many other great Paisley buildings.

PICTURE 2

post-2737-0-29766700-1331488493_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

Aye Bluto I have many memories of sitting in that chair behind these corner windows. Always liked it in the summer when the windows were open a wee bit and I would sneak a look up Causeyside St.

I have no idea about any plans for it and will maybe show some close up shots of the poor kids and statue at a later date.

Edited by Sonny