Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

PICTURE 67 is indeed the Sma Shot Cottages in Shuttle St. Not designed by TG smile.png . Built between 1735 and 1750. Cant find a Listing for it but would be amazed if it isnt Listed.

More info here http://www.smashot.co.uk/history.php

Not been in them yet but maybe take care of that tomorrow before the Caly game.

PICTURE 68 CLUE is the second image. If you recognise it maybe a wee subtle clue is preferable than stating what it is - helps keep the suspension going for the non-geeks smile.png .

post-2737-0-58304800-1336148392_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-12329200-1336148590_thumb.jp

PICTURE 67 is indeed the Sma Shot Cottages in Shuttle St. Not designed by TG smile.png . Built between 1735 and 1750. Cant find a Listing for it but would be amazed if it isnt Listed.

PICTURE 68 CLUE is the second image. If you recognise it maybe a wee subtle clue is preferable than stating what it is - helps keep the suspension going for the non-geeks smile.png .

i recognise it , our cup winning captain of 87 could live and earn a living here

i recognise it , our cup winning captain of 87 could live and earn a living here

......and recently refurbished I believe. Looks much better than previously too - it's good to see these old buildings in use again.

Here's a wee diversion from the general theme of the thread, posting it here for the local history buffs. Did ye know there was once a baronial mansion in Gallowhill right at the top of Glencairn Road behind those odd ball hooses you can see there now ? Check the architectural photos of the interior linked on this page, absolutely stunning...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sealed/mansions/gallowhill.htm

Here's a wee diversion from the general theme of the thread, posting it here for the local history buffs. Did ye know there was once a baronial mansion in Gallowhill right at the top of Glencairn Road behind those odd ball hooses you can see there now ?

Probably just as well they demolished it, can you imagine Mrs Hugh Smiley nipping round to the neighbours in Dundonald?

I think I'm INCH INg to wards AN answer.

Probably just as well they demolished it, can you imagine Mrs Hugh Smiley nipping round to the neighbours in Dundonald?

Bizzare innit ? From Victorian opulence to bawbag shitehole within 100 yards... lol.gifwhistling.gif

carpets?

Nope, no carpets involved - I think the word "engineering" might have been (although I could be mistaken). You might have seen it through the window if you were using public transport to visit the big hoose FS mentioned previously.

I think that building has featured already, you may have boobed.

I'd definitely suggest our cup winning captain could live here with a view of consecrated ground

No boobs Lethal89. This building has not been featured before....(I do keep a list, just in case :) )

No boobs Lethal89. This building has not been featured before....(I do keep a list, just in case smile.png )

I think Lethal was replying to the Inchinnan guess, he just forgot to use the quotes - far be it from any of us to suggest you'd make such a mistake Sonny! punk.gif

I might be struggling with this but I'll be BACK juSt as sooN as I get me thinking hEADON.

You're just clutching at straws now Insaintee - maybe you should be praying for devine intervention, I believe there's a church just across the road from this building, or you could always give up and catch the bus to Blackpool. whistling.gif

I think that building has featured already, you may have boobed.

I'd definitely suggest our cup winning captain could live here with a view of consecrated ground

My apologies lethal89 - was still half asleep this morning :)