Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

My 'Like' Eddy was for the Google Reference as that is where insaintee does most of his 'research' smile.png

Sid is the man. Again. PICTURE 72 is the Ferguslie Bell now located in the garden between the Sma Shot Cottages (did you know there were several cottages there?). The bell originally rang for shift changes at the old Ferguslie Mills which was handy for many workers who lived nearby but thats another story. It was moved to the Sma Shot Cottages after the Mill was demolished.

I have also attached some internal shots of the Sma Shot Cottages. Worth a visit. Note Shull's place in a couple of the images smile.png

The 7th image is the PICTURE 73 CLUE.

My 'Like' Eddy was for the Google Reference as that is where insaintee does most of his 'research' smile.png

Sid is the man. Again. PICTURE 72 is the Ferguslie Bell now located in the garden between the Sma Shot Cottages (did you know there were several cottages there?). The bell originally rang for shift changes at the old Ferguslie Mills which was handy for many workers who lived nearby but thats another story. It was moved to the Sma Shot Cottages after the Mill was demolished.

I have also attached some internal shots of the Sma Shot Cottages. Worth a visit. Note Shull's place in a couple of the images smile.png

The 7th image is the PICTURE 73 CLUE.

Back to the easy ones eh Sonny.

PICTURE 73 was correctly spotted by Lethal89. This building is the Middle Church and is half way up Church Hill. Built between 1779 and 1781 and designed by Samuel Henning. A Listed. After the congregation amalgamated with that of Canal Church to form Castelhead Church in 1975, the Middle Church was converted into flats in 2001.

PICTURE 74 CLUE is the first image.

post-2737-0-72018200-1336943634_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-08190000-1336943993_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

Looks like a house of ill repute. My first thoughts were that something reminded me of one of the old nightclubs............I reckon it is down the back sneddon way as that's the only place I can think of that has a few buildings with such small panes of glass.

PICTURE 73 was correctly spotted by Lethal89. This building is the Middle Church and is half way up Church Hill. Built between 1779 and 1781 and designed by Samuel Henning. A Listed. After the congregation amalgamated with that of Canal Church to form Castelhead Church in 1975, the Middle Church was converted into flats in 2001.

PICTURE 74 CLUE is the first image.

74 is the wee gatehouse type building at the old rai, it's a nursery now, don't know what it used to be - hospital office maybe

Thank you Buddiecat. PICTURE 74 is the original Lodge & Dispensary of the Royal Alexandra Infirmary on Neilston Rd. B Listed and designed by TG himself. Built 1898. Now a Nursery. 2 images.

I'll leave PICTURE 75 until it is identified. Buddiecat - do you know?

PICTURE 76 CLUE is third image.

post-2737-0-45463100-1337187785_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-06756800-1337187901_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-99825300-1337188371_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

Thank you Buddiecat. PICTURE 74 is the original Lodge & Dispensary of the Royal Alexandra Infirmary on Neilston Rd. B Listed and designed by TG himself. Built 1898. Now a Nursery. 2 images.

I'll leave PICTURE 75 until it is identified. Buddiecat - do you know?

PICTURE 76 CLUE is third image.

When I was a wean in the 70's I fell off a coal bunker and broke my collar bone, right on the first day of the summer holidays from school. I remember being taken in to that lodge bit of the RAI to get my slings and dressings checked every other week. Years later it also housed the constituency office of ill fated Paisley South MP Gordon McMaster.

Well looks like no-one has sussed PICTURE 74. Will keep it open ....

Since PICTURE 74 was so hard for you I have made this one easy.... PICTURE 75 CLUE

this building takes up most of blackhall lane off blackhall street, possibly part of the thread mill, now occupied by several offices, i believe it was once or still is called blackhall house

this building takes up most of blackhall lane off blackhall street, possibly part of the thread mill, now occupied by several offices, i believe it was once or still is called blackhall house

Thanks Buddiecat.

PICTURE 75 is Blackhall House in Blackhall Lane. Built in 1848 by D Spiers & Son as a Silk Throwing Mill. Independent of Coats and Clark. C Listed. Has had various uses over the years after silk industry moved back to the East.

post-2737-0-89359600-1337194364_thumb.jp

When I was a wean in the 70's I fell off a coal bunker and broke my collar bone, right on the first day of the summer holidays from school. I remember being taken in to that lodge bit of the RAI to get my slings and dressings checked every other week. Years later it also housed the constituency office of ill fated Paisley South MP Gordon McMaster.

My memory isn't as good as it used to be so I cannot be sure but I think I was given stitches several times in that building when I was growing up. It may have been the main building but I think it was the Lodge. Always thought it was a cracking wee building and passed it every day for years coming down from Glenburn into the town.

That's the building were they used to do the Community Service from buddiecat. whistling.gif