Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

My memory isn't as good as it used to be so I cannot be sure but I think I was given stitches several times in that building when I was growing up. It may have been the main building but I think it was the Lodge. Always thought it was a cracking wee building and passed it every day for years coming down from Glenburn into the town.

It was used as a childrens unit back in the 70's so maybe that's why we were treated there. I was always falling off my bike or out of trees back then. Come to think of it, if it were nowadays they'd probably be checking out my folks for child abuse ! lol.gif

Didnae help...nun + Paisley and all you get is pics of the Reverend Ian.

Big Ian is a happily married man so what are you implying? If he ever forgot his marriage vows I doubt if a nun would have featured. Mind you I have heard some great stories over here about nuns when they get out of the habit.

PICTURE 76 is Moredun House off Moredun Road. Built in 1890 as a Nunnery for the Franciscan Sisters for Africa. Architect William Lieper. The Sisters left the Nunnery in 1944 and the House became a Nursing Home then private residences in the mid 90s. B Listed.

Obviously the Clues were too hard for you guys so here is the full image for PICTURE 77........(3rd image) :)

post-2737-0-06432300-1337420177_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-48838000-1337420228_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-59448200-1337421418_thumb.jp

PICTURE 76 is Moredun House off Moredun Road. Built in 1890 as a Nunnery for the Franciscan Sisters for Africa. Architect William Lieper. The Sisters left the Nunnery in 1944 and the House became a Nursing Home then private residences in the mid 90s. B Listed.

Obviously the Clues were too hard for you guys so here is the full image for PICTURE 77........(3rd image) smile.png

Got todays straight away. smile.png

oh right, so one curry comin up - shit i forgot i don't know who you are, never mind i'll eat the curry for you thumbup2.gif

Going by your floorlaying expertise on another thread I suspect you should avoid currys for the sake of your pants.

So where/what is picture 77 then?

PICTURE 77 is 10-12 George ST. B Listed and built in 1840. Unsure about its original use (warehouse related to the cotton / weaving industry?) but it is now flats. Check http://www.mcewanfra...k/property-1565 if you fancy buying one.

Decided to go back to a CLUE again for the next one. PICTURE 78 CLUE is ........

post-2737-0-78028400-1337508098_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

PICTURE 77 is 10-12 George ST. B Listed and built in 1840. Unsure about its original use (warehouse related to the cotton / weaving industry?) but it is now flats. Check http://www.mcewanfra...k/property-1565 if you fancy buying one.

Decided to go back to a CLUE again for the next one. PICTURE 78 CLUE is ........

Pish easy......NEXT!!!!