Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

yes , it did look like that church as you said earlier, but i can see that from my house and it doesn't have slates over the doorway like this one, it's definitely the building on the corner of violet street and cyril street

Quite.....it's where I parked when buying new golf clubs for the sidlette.

yes , it did look like that church as you said earlier, but i can see that from my house and it doesn't have slates over the doorway like this one, it's definitely the building on the corner of violet street and cyril street

I am sure you are correct. It may have originally been called the East End church. At one time it was The HQ of Williamsbugh housing association; may still be. No idea what it is used for nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, business resumes!!

It has been a busy summer with non-football related matters (No to Newco) and holidays and other shit taking up my time but a bright new season is upon us so by popular demand it is time to start up this thread again.

If you can remember the last Clue was for Pic 83 attached. It was constructed in Violet St. in 1899-1904 as the Ralston UF Church. Designed by W D McLennan who designed many fine buildings in Paisley including the Tech and the Bull Inn. Art nouveau interpretation of Gothic.

My Granny used to live nearby and I always thought it was a fine building but tucked away where many would not be able to see it. Not sure what its current use is.

Sid posted another image so I'll let that one be identified before I start with the next one in this series (I am expecting a complete and unabridged history with plenty of photographs of the next building ktf!!!).

post-2737-0-55093400-1342809363_thumb.jp

Good one Sid. I don't know but at a guess I would say it has something to do with a) witches or cool.png the Old Jail?

Hot or cold?

Dunno Sonny....I only know where it is as I took the pic....no idea what is below the cover. Pretty sure someone woll get it as there'll be a few Buds that trod the same well worn path as me.

Well guys, business resumes!!

It has been a busy summer with non-football related matters (No to Newco) and holidays and other shit taking up my time but a bright new season is upon us so by popular demand it is time to start up this thread again.

If you can remember the last Clue was for Pic 83 attached. It was constructed in Violet St. in 1899-1904 as the Ralston UF Church. Designed by W D McLennan who designed many fine buildings in Paisley including the Tech and the Bull Inn. Art nouveau interpretation of Gothic.

My Granny used to live nearby and I always thought it was a fine building but tucked away where many would not be able to see it. Not sure what its current use is.

Sid posted another image so I'll let that one be identified before I start with the next one in this series (I am expecting a complete and unabridged history with plenty of photographs of the next building ktf!!!).

Williamsburgh housing association currently occupy the building, which is where their offices are.

Yup, must be Feegie Park Gardens...! "The old mansion", was that Glen Coats (Glencoats?) House? I'll take a walk through there today with the wee one, if the rain stays off, and see if I can find it!

In fact, there is another interesting feature reasonably nearby that I've considered posting... Maybe if I get a photo of it today and post it up when this one is guessed, Sonny won't mind his thread being hijacked for one more day?!

Help yourself ktf. Ferguslie Park and its houses were the subject of Picture 81 (about 4/5 pages or so back). I wandered through the park a couple of times in the last six months but did not see Sid's drain but that doesnt mean it isnt there.

Its non in Feegie Park....let me know when you gie in so Sonny can crack on with his pics.

Ok, its not Feegie. I lived next to Brodie Park for years and do not remember such a drain (?) there. I am sure it ain't Fountain gardens either. You seem to hang out near the rich kids in Ralston Sid so is it in Barshaw although I have no idea where it may be there?