Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

think it was called the modole,the land next to it is or was the allotments

Hi slapmythighs. In case you are not aware we have had 1,500 replies and are now on page 76. I assume you have started at the beginning? Anyway, comments or memories or anecdotes or any further information on any building are all welcome :)

I thought there was some talk about extending the line to Linwood and BoW. Is that all dead now?

The line is being electrified but I cannot find anything about it being extended. The attached document from network rail mentions improvements in West Central but no mention of a Canal extension.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=network%20rail%20cp4%20scotland%20paisley&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.networkrail.co.uk%2FRoutePlans%2FPDF%2F12408_RouteQ-ScotlandWes2011Update.pdf&ei=E1CtTs60J9SXhQfTqbnFDw&usg=AFQjCNEACAuA37bhi0QtqmA5-s6qJyegWQ

Picture 86 is St George's Church in George Street. Built 1819 as a new Church for the Laigh Church (Art Centre) as the congregation had grown too big there. B Listed. Architect William Reid.

Was in this Church a couple of times when we all marched from Camphill for a wee service before the holidays.

PICTURE 87 CLUE is second image.

post-2737-0-75512800-1343474074_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-85951500-1343475363_thumb.jp

Picture 86 is St George's Church in George Street. Built 1819 as a new Church for the Laigh Church (Art Centre) as the congregation had grown too big there. B Listed. Architect William Reid.

Was in this Church a couple of times when we all marched from Camphill for a wee service before the holidays.

PICTURE 87 CLUE is second image.

not sure what its called but I think this is out west next to the where John Neilston was. Might have been a stable block originally. (if I'm right)