Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

PICTURE 141. No clue. You either know it or you don't smile.png .

the church of jesus christ of latter day saints, (mormons) fereneze drive glenburn, when it first opened the churchy people from there came round the streets and promised us a half crown if we came along to their fun afternoon for children, we were of course all mormons for an afternoon, and got free juice and crisps, into the bargain, in my teenage years they held a disco and we all went,cairry outs at the ready, they didnt let us in with the alcohol obviously but that meant we drank it all in a oner outside and went in anyway, dont think they held many more after that one

I used to live in a street where one of the Church members provided accommodation for the young Americans in suits who came over to convert us. Consequently I had very frequent conversations with these young salespeople who had little life experience trying to tell me where I was going wrong. It was ultimately very sad to witness as they obviously had prepared their sales pitch and had a conviction based on what they had been told and not what they had learned about life. I began to feel sorry for them as I am sure they got a few doors slammed in their face in Paisley.

I used to live in a street where one of the Church members provided accommodation for the young Americans in suits who came over to convert us. Consequently I had very frequent conversations with these young salespeople who had little life experience trying to tell me where I was going wrong. It was ultimately very sad to witness as they obviously had prepared their sales pitch and had a conviction based on what they had been told and not what they had learned about life. I began to feel sorry for them as I am sure they got a few doors slammed in their face in Paisley.

aye like "have you spoken to the lord today" - "naw your the first 2 people i've spoken to,come in and have some tea,is it right you fellas can huv hunners a wives"

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm compiling a photo montage for my old mum who is beginning to lose her memory but does quite well with pictures of people and places. Anybody know where I could find photos of the following:

George Street (the end near Causeyside Street)

Gordon Street (the end near Causeyside Street)

The high flats in Hunterhill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm compiling a photo montage for my old mum who is beginning to lose her memory but does quite well with pictures of people and places. Anybody know where I could find photos of the following:

I believe there's a Paisley site on Facebook that posts a lot of old photos.

PDE?

It must have a huge hoard of such pix.

I mentioned away at the start of this thread of how it used to publish a daily pic of the town.

A website called Paisley online, it's got loads of old photos...

Sad to hear that bud, going through the same thing myself...

I made and sent a calender for my Aunt and Uncle in Australia using pictures I got from various Paisley sites and Facebook pages. Plenty of pictures similar to this there to be found.

attachicon.gifGordon St.jpg

Technology is great , progress is good but just sometimes ? It's a shame things change.