Sonny

Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

9 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

6e406c43026a9a9136cda63fd5f5bfef.jpg

8 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

I see what you mean. Think it's the angle its taken at. There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the names. I've read on a " oor wee toon " facebook that people from the 1950's were there and it was names Ferguslie other say Craigielea. And some saying Craigielea school was round at blackstoun oval.

6 hours ago, smcc said:

Craigielea School was at the foot of Blackstoun Road just before the former railway bridge.

The school behind Ferguslie was St Fergus, I went there from 74-80, that used too be called the Craigielea, when they built the 

new school at the foot of Blackstoun road they moved the Craigielea down there and put the Catholic weans into there old 

school because it was across the road from St Fergus Church, 

7 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Yes mate. Billy was her younger brother. We're you in Feegie Primary too?

If we are talking about the same guy he is my brother in law. My wife and his wife are sisters and no, I did not go to Feegie Primary. 

35 minutes ago, renfrew said:

If we are talking about the same guy he is my brother in law. My wife and his wife are sisters and no, I did not go to Feegie Primary. 

Aye, Billy was a wee chubby boy. He stayed below us at 2, Ferguslie Park Avenue. Also in that block were The KIDS, The Millars, The Kettles, The Wilkies, The Warnocks and The Hendersons. Years later the Warnocks moved to Barscube Terrace in Hunterhill. Let him know Alan and Fraser were asking after him mate.

57 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Aye, Billy was a wee chubby boy. He stayed below us at 2, Ferguslie Park Avenue. Also in that block were The KIDS, The Millars, The Kettles, The Wilkies, The Warnocks and The Hendersons. Years later the Warnocks moved to Barscube Terrace in Hunterhill. Let him know Alan and Fraser were asking after him mate.

I don't tend to see him often but his wife Brenda normally work in West Stand selling the pies. There is a cracking picture of her in The Final Chapter Book in page 46 standing inside the Kenco Coffee Jar :lol:

Anyone else remember the scandal regarding councliers getting back handers to knock down the county and jail building to make room for the piaza. Was always astonished a town with a river flowing through the middle of it would be hidden by concrete, madness. 

SaracensHeadInn.thumb.jpg.5ace34f05d762e4544032a73f3d46cfe.jpg
The Tollbooth at the corner of Moss St and High St. Later building work undermined its foundation and the tower had to be propped up by a giant strut. Ultimately the building was unsaveable, demolished and replaced with the current building (the one with the wee clock).

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
22 minutes ago, jaybee said:

is that the Fountain gardens?

Nah... think of a football stadium near a station!

Ah it's where the new ground is; I remember the prefabs, one of my aunts used to live in one of those, don't recall the little park with the walkways, any idea when this was?