Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

39 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Stone floor!  Eventually, we moved into one of the tenements in the picture (don't know which one) which was luxurious in comparison.  It had gas lighting in the close and in the two rooms we lived in.  Can anyone beat that?:thumbs2

I doubt that anyBuddie else on the forum was alive in the 1850s...

When did ye move so upmarket to yon palace in Barclay Street?

40 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just read that tribute to the photographer.

It felt like it was a tribute to my late uncle. He also survived the Glen Cinema disaster, was a member of Paisley Colour Photographic Society, worked in Singer during the war and worked in Anchor Mill after the war.

My uncle was born in 1920. I wonder if they knew each other?

20 minutes ago, pod said:

At least renfrewshire council and development company have a good vision for paisley, unlike down here we have 2 county councils that don't seem to have any vision at all.

1 hour ago, eastlandssaint said:

very interesting.    A 2 bed here would start about 3 or 400,00.  One we looked at recently has just been reduced to over 700,000. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=STATION^2057&minBedrooms=2&radius=0.5&propertyTypes=flat&primaryDisplayPropertyType=flats&includeSSTC=false&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Haven’t looked really closely at the Cart development yet, but my expectation now for a new 2 bed flat, is for 2 bathrooms. At least.  The one mentioned only has 1!

must be more bowel problems down here than for those folk who are used to clenching their buttocks by watching St Mirren...

I understand sorta.... why the best views, and outdoor spaces face the Abbey and Toon Hall, but how about the warmer caress of a south-facing/western sunset verandah?

our Sooth-facing, Cooncil living room and Verandah (overlooking Canal Street) had day-long warmth and light... and we’d gather in the evening at the kitchen windae, when anyBuddie noted a fantastic sunset.  Often.  :)

(I think I got “south”right this time...)

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

very interesting.    A 2 bed here would start about 3 or 400,00.  One we looked at recently has just been reduced to over 700,000. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=STATION^2057&minBedrooms=2&radius=0.5&propertyTypes=flat&primaryDisplayPropertyType=flats&includeSSTC=false&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Haven’t looked really closely at the Cart development yet, but my expectation now for a new 2 bed flat, is for 2 bathrooms. At least.  The one mentioned only has 1!

What do you need two toilets for, you only have one arsehole!

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

49 minutes ago, antrin said:

There looks to be 1 flat with balcony on a sorta eastern aspect, (above Marshall lane) from which you might benefit from the southern warmth, but it’s sunsets would be blocked by Orchard Street.

perhaps I’m just a big saftie.

Spot on. Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Only one balcony has a chance of early morning sun.

No comparison with property in Cotton Street facing the Abbey.