Jump to content

Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.


Sonny
 Share

Recommended Posts



I think ( fairly sure ) my Aunt lived on ground floor in the tenement block in the 70’s - I used to go there.

Did it have an old railway line running behind it ?
The railway line ran under Renfrew Road and behind Reid Kerr College. With a siding down towards your Aunts. Last train I seen on it was about 1978.

Train line

Aunts house🟢 bottom left. 460afdd883f4ac57704c49bd2d7fe532.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before Great Mills, wasn't there a cold storage warehouse there with a big canopy in front. 
No, it was Tesco. I asked some mates as we grew up in Gallowhill about it, when a work colleague was talking about a cash van incident at it. Somehow I had a brain freeze and had forgot it was Tesco that built it. Though it wasn't allowed to sell food.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 hours ago, pod said:
Before Great Mills, wasn't there a cold storage warehouse there with a big canopy in front. 

No, it was Tesco. I asked some mates as we grew up in Gallowhill about it, when a work colleague was talking about a cash van incident at it. Somehow I had a brain freeze and had forgot it was Tesco that built it. Though it wasn't allowed to sell food.

I don't recall it being a Tesco, you must be older than me. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
5 hours ago, pod said:
Before Great Mills, wasn't there a cold storage warehouse there with a big canopy in front. 

No, it was Tesco. I asked some mates as we grew up in Gallowhill about it, when a work colleague was talking about a cash van incident at it. Somehow I had a brain freeze and had forgot it was Tesco that built it. Though it wasn't allowed to sell food.

Was referring to structure that was demolished before Tesco ?/ Great Mills/ B&M.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was referring to structure that was demolished before Tesco ?/ Great Mills/ B&M.    
How old do you think I am, I can just remember Tesco so no idea what was there before.

I'm here, said to myself I'll ask my dad. Yeah that would good, he's dead 4 years. I'm losing it today

Anyway here's pictures of the old Abercorn Station, I'm guessing it's the building behind you're referring to.

b32007f34c77a527a65ac38ff4259a0c.jpg9de0cfadbc48a46f500467a410819cd1.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 8:00 PM, Scott-Leeds said:


I think ( fairly sure ) my Aunt lived on ground floor in the tenement block in the 70’s - I used to go there.

Did it have an old railway line running behind it ?

Nice pic of the penny bun shop on the corner of abercorn st .  Blessed relief at lunch time from the infamous St Mirrin's academy school dinners.  I still treat myself to my staple order of a gammon roll and a bottle of fizzy orange for lunch when i get nostalgic.  Fanta is not the same as a Solripe was but it still kinda hits the spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice pic of the penny bun shop on the corner of abercorn st .  Blessed relief at lunch time from the infamous St Mirrin's academy school dinners.  I still treat myself to my staple order of a gammon roll and a bottle of fizzy orange for lunch when i get nostalgic.  Fanta is not the same as a Solripe was but it still kinda hits the spot.
You should have tried the bakers in Gallowhill back then, Jimmy Wilson was a legend.

Drooling thinking about a Wilson bap with a Watsons slice. Heaven
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...