Jump to content

Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.


Sonny
 Share

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Doesn’t inspire confidence if they can’t get the name of the Railway station right .🙄

 

 

BF0FD10F-A40A-4C4F-A551-ABC131F2A02C.jpeg

I totally agree!!!

Any fool knows that it should be : Sràid GhilleMhoire Phàislig

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Naughty Slarti, we play nice on this thread, it’s the only safe space on the forum. 

Ach, the auld yin will know there's no malice in that post, or this one. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something mesmerising about the busses coming out of the depot, not much clearance above the upstairs, bet if you were on the front seat it would look even closer?
284957096_5041510722628588_5243772572357500566_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1xWF0aU6qboAX9FvHH3&tn=wer4uSsPW03AOgHa&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9tuNMLt0jg5XkYsNuLSCZ_R884UY6yuShOMTM2SSZ_0g&oe=62B73B44
Parked up in the depot...........
284375924_5041510739295253_5504563561438186160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Uj7jv1JgqTUAX8e7Udh&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9F1JnfizVvm963dZ6_8fY5rwbswDKUua9yYPqdzE9izg&oe=62B85F65
284605244_5041510725961921_1890563136491781432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=2Mqb43N-2_QAX9TMdZK&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-Z1sQWwR4Dt8gRM5lCBXXz_FmD9ynmZ-HVc7AaFhEoPw&oe=62B82CFA
Above, empty, now, housing most people won't have seen...............
284374036_5041510729295254_8595515795506457967_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=j81o1L9CRc4AX-Ex6wx&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8L7-bktDkUWMYpOk98-vVeF1qJxrPzBt0hAbciTpnkog&oe=62B7F02E
 
I drove many buses through that pend.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Something mesmerising about the busses coming out of the depot, not much clearance above the upstairs, bet if you were on the front seat it would look even closer?
284957096_5041510722628588_5243772572357500566_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1xWF0aU6qboAX9FvHH3&tn=wer4uSsPW03AOgHa&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9tuNMLt0jg5XkYsNuLSCZ_R884UY6yuShOMTM2SSZ_0g&oe=62B73B44
Parked up in the depot...........
284375924_5041510739295253_5504563561438186160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Uj7jv1JgqTUAX8e7Udh&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9F1JnfizVvm963dZ6_8fY5rwbswDKUua9yYPqdzE9izg&oe=62B85F65
284605244_5041510725961921_1890563136491781432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=2Mqb43N-2_QAX9TMdZK&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-Z1sQWwR4Dt8gRM5lCBXXz_FmD9ynmZ-HVc7AaFhEoPw&oe=62B82CFA
Above, empty, now, housing most people won't have seen...............
284374036_5041510729295254_8595515795506457967_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=j81o1L9CRc4AX-Ex6wx&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8L7-bktDkUWMYpOk98-vVeF1qJxrPzBt0hAbciTpnkog&oe=62B7F02E
 

I drove many buses through that pend.

 

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Something mesmerising about the busses coming out of the depot, not much clearance above the upstairs, bet if you were on the front seat it would look even closer?
284957096_5041510722628588_5243772572357500566_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1xWF0aU6qboAX9FvHH3&tn=wer4uSsPW03AOgHa&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9tuNMLt0jg5XkYsNuLSCZ_R884UY6yuShOMTM2SSZ_0g&oe=62B73B44
Parked up in the depot...........
284375924_5041510739295253_5504563561438186160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Uj7jv1JgqTUAX8e7Udh&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9F1JnfizVvm963dZ6_8fY5rwbswDKUua9yYPqdzE9izg&oe=62B85F65
284605244_5041510725961921_1890563136491781432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=2Mqb43N-2_QAX9TMdZK&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-Z1sQWwR4Dt8gRM5lCBXXz_FmD9ynmZ-HVc7AaFhEoPw&oe=62B82CFA
Above, empty, now, housing most people won't have seen...............
284374036_5041510729295254_8595515795506457967_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=j81o1L9CRc4AX-Ex6wx&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8L7-bktDkUWMYpOk98-vVeF1qJxrPzBt0hAbciTpnkog&oe=62B7F02E
 

I drove many buses through that pend.

When I played amateur football in Paisley one of our trainers, John Steel, worked for Western....any time we were playing a big game away or going on a weekend "end of season" trip John organised us a bus departing from the depot. All the drivers seemed to know we were coming, who we were and wished us good luck on our travels........good memories!!

Edited by WeeBud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My uncle worked in there as a mechanic.  My only relative that didnae work in any of the mills.

As a primary school kid when they asked what you wanted to be when you grew up, I wanted to be a mechanic.

Then he drove the busses.  I wanted to be a bus driver.

Then he drove an ambulance.  I wanted to be an ambulance driver.

Finally, he joined Goudies and trained to become an undertaker.

There were queues of people coming into our class to snigger at an innocent, curly, cute 8 year old declare his future ambition.

 

I did drive busses… and still have his bus badge, somewhere…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

 

When I played amateur football in Paisley one of our trainers, John Steel, worked for Western....any time we were playing a big game away or going on a weekend "end of season" trip John organised us a bus departing from the depot. All the drivers seemed to know we were coming, who we were and wished us good luck on our travels........good memories!!

John was an inspector when I started there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...