Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

think you wil find the ban is not on every service and for all of the day.  There are problem services that these measures are targeted at and they are mostly in intra-city routes.

I realise that....I was asking a direct question of Ricky who was suggesting that alcohol be banned on all services, he then caveated that by suggesting drinking carriages.

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

There has been so much architectural vandalism in Paisley over the decades. Anyone know when the lighthouse pub was demolished and why? 

Probably prior to building new council headquarters. 

Sorry, just clocked antrin's post.

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

There has been so much architectural vandalism in Paisley over the decades. Anyone know when the lighthouse pub was demolished and why? 

1971 or 1972. 

I was 16 at the time and as other have said, it was for the council new buildings.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, Rascal said:

Not at all . Great suggestion. Now persuade the rail staff to work on those trains. It won’t be easy. 

Last time I went to Aberdeen there was a group of high spirited young SMFC fans bevying and making a noise. Other passengers were not happy and neither was the attendant who informed me that she was radioing ahead to get railway police onto the train at the next stop. I managed to calm her down by saying that they would soon settle down , which by and large they did, bad PRfor the club and trouble for the young guns avoided.

I see there is work going on at the Methodist Halls just now The workers took down the sign at the front door the other day,hopefully it goes back up when the work is completed 🤔

F80A1C27-5604-4449-B512-51C0D6DD2DE3.jpeg

On 7/29/2022 at 9:32 AM, HSS said:

I see there is work going on at the Methodist Halls just now The workers took down the sign at the front door the other day,hopefully it goes back up when the work is completed 🤔

F80A1C27-5604-4449-B512-51C0D6DD2DE3.jpeg

Nothing to be worried about. The sign will be returned to its position after the refurbishment is completed. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

?????

C7FD3C76-96C5-471C-AF0F-82218394C79B.jpeg

I’ve noticed that a few of the old homes around the new stadium have been recently demolished in Tannahill Terrace. 

Similar rubble stack. So sad to see them torn down.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’ve noticed that a few of the old homes around the new stadium have been recently demolished in Tannahill Terrace. 

Similar rubble stack. So sad to see them torn down.

Tannahill Road and Terrace are getting completely demolished………….but the photo is from the opposite end of the town

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Just off Hawkhead Rd. 

Part of the old Accord hospital that was built around 1935.

Some of the other building were converted in flats and houses. 

Near enough mate………but it’s Hawkhead hospital Accord is the hospice at the top end of the scheme

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Yes,that’s the very place 

Your clue of the other end of town was the reminder for me.

I could see the top of the building being knocked down from my house, just before i moved back to Renfrew and the people who lived facing it will be glad it is away since it was an eyesore for years.