Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

You're just clutching at straws now Insaintee - maybe you should be praying for devine intervention, I believe there's a church just across the road from this building, or you could always give up and catch the bus to Blackpool. whistling.gif

No sorry I meant the Back Sneddon area The street name is the same as our first big rivals and the church is a very fine one indeed that will feature here I am quite sure. Another Abercrobie building built in a Perpendicular Gothic Revival style.

PICTURE 68 is the former Oldfield's Machine Tool Warehouse in Abercorn St. C Listed and built in 1924. Nice to see that it is now Council Offices and private housing - the way to go!

Was only in it once to buy some long machine bolts. Got very confused when I was offered about 1000 options! I was obviously not a pro. smile.png

I have tried to make the next one easier for you than I was going to .... PICTURE 69 CLUE is second image.

post-2737-0-02333200-1336336716_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-56241800-1336337635_thumb.jp

Oakshaw??

Thought it might have been the hoose next door to the observatory.....but not that one.....also thought it looked like the building at the Bridge Street end of Forbes Square....but don't think its that either now.

Ah posted that the other day ya daftie ! lol.gif

I am aware of that site FS and the great photos in it. At some point I was going to cover the old mansions but there are enough buildings and places still not covered yet so thanks for pointing others in that direction (except Sid).

PICTURE 69 is 85 Maxwellton Rd and as has been said is the former residence of James Coats who founded the Ferguslie Mills. This house precedes more elaborate but since demolished later houses (bloody Council!!!) of the Coats family that will still be covered later in this thread. This building was built in 1820 and is B Listed. If anyone wants to own a piece of history then it can be purchased here .... http://www.slaterhog...000-ref-637857/

CLUE for PICTURE 70 is second image .....

PS I went to visit the Sma Shot Cottages before Saturday's friendly and was very impressed. Worth a wee visit. Free entry with a good (and cheap) wee tea-room. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays. I'll post some internal shots in the next day or two.

post-2737-0-66497600-1336428497_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-42440300-1336428970_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

Nope don't know this one. My first thought was Russell institute but I thought we already had that one. The hints above suggested the statute of a man who went on to found a famous chain of pubs and restaurants. But I doubt whiter I'm going to be spoon fed on this one,