Saints Memorabilia

I've known for a while that my dad had a glass from 1926 to celebrate the Scottish cup win. yesterday he gave me it.

It's in amazing condition considering it's 85 years old. I'm looking for some advice on how rare it actually is (and is it worth anything).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The glass is quite scarce and if you are willing to sell it let me know.

Jim C.

Al, do you have any provenance this it is actually from 1926?

Have seen plenty of 1959 tankards (I have a pair of them) but never from 1926 and I think a collector would be looking for evidence that it is from that year.

Hi Tom, I don't have any proof other than it says on it: Good old St Mirren, Winners of the Scottish Cup, Season-1925-26. My mum thinks it was her dads.

I have one , it was given to me by a neighbour , he handed it over wrapped in newspaper and said it was a wee St Mirren related present for me that his dad had about the house , I was actually expecting a 1987 glass and said a polite thank you , was totally delighted when I unwrapped the gift and bought Gibby lots of drink as a thank you. Probably worth about £75 but I wouldn,t part with mine.

I have one , it was given to me by a neighbour , he handed it over wrapped in newspaper and said it was a wee St Mirren related present for me that his dad had about the house , I was actually expecting a 1987 glass and said a polite thank you , was totally delighted when I unwrapped the gift and bought Gibby lots of drink as a thank you. Probably worth about £75 but I wouldn,t part with mine.

My dad wrapped it in newspaper for me to take home. I was watching him wrap it and was waiting for it to shatter. I wouldn't sell it for £75.

Your father gave you the glass yesterday and you're trying to sell it today.You obviously think a lot of your father.

each to their own although i was also thinking this. obviously someone has treasured this and passed it onto their son and within hours he is hawking it online lol.

im not judging though, needs must :)

I've known for a while that my dad had a glass from 1926 to celebrate the Scottish cup win. yesterday he gave me it.

It's in amazing condition considering it's 85 years old. I'm looking for some advice on how rare it actually is (and is it worth anything).

I will give you a good price for it. PM me if intrested

I will give you a good price for it. PM me if intrested

I'm looking for some advice on how rare it actually is (and is it worth anything).

He never said anything about selling it.

He's only asking how much someone would pay for it.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it was 'very good'. I just based my judgement on what the OP actually said...

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. :wink:

Your father gave you the glass yesterday and you're trying to sell it today.You obviously think a lot of your father.

I do.

He hates football and told me to sell it. There are 2 reasons I might sell it: 1. If someone makes me a really good offer. 2. It's 85 years old, survived a world war and I'll probably end up breaking it.

I do.

He hates football and told me to sell it. There are 2 reasons I might sell it: 1. If someone makes me a really good offer. 2. It's 85 years old, survived a world war and I'll probably end up breaking it.

Fair do's mate but if I had it I'd be hanging on to it.

Maybe you should sell it.I've just dropped and smashed my 2nd favourite St Mirren mug. :lol:

Seriously though.............what's the point in selling it if you get,for talking sake,£100?It's hardly a life changing amount.Keep it but put it somewhere safe!!

Although how much do you think I would get for the set of three I have 26, 59 & 87 :ph34r:

I saw a 1959 glass up the Barras a couple of years ago.It had a price of £25.

I didn't buy it as I already have 2 from that year.