Saints Memorabilia

My work colleague found this among his late father-in-laws possessions. Can anyone identify what year this is from it's before my time? Do you know if it is of any special significance or worth anything? His father-in-law lived in Barcelona and doesn't know how he managed to end up with St. Mirren memorabilia!

attachicon.gif20151120_123510 (Small).jpg

Definitely 1983-84. The badge is the one from the strips of 1981-84.

Alex Miller, Bobby Cousar and Eamonn O'Neil were only ever at the club together for that season. Miller arrived in October 83 the two players left at the end of that season.

I have a top from around 1995. I dont think it was ever released. It was red with thin white stripes down it. Sponsored by Pheonix Honda. It was when Gascoigne signed for Rangers and we played them. I should have been there but instead decided running infront of a Vauxhall in Glenburn would be my main focus of the day, ending up in hospital my uncle appeared and gave me this top signed by Gascoigne. I will try and get a pic up to see if any of you remember or have ever seen this top.

Ford produced the Focus not Vauxhall.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, shull said:

Lost mine at Recreation Park in the early 1970's

Won't be replacing it in this Auction. :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372091859901?ul_noapp=true

WOW that brought back memories of my father coming in with that badge , a bigger  blazer badge , a St Mirren shoulder bag, st mirren tie and a card for my weekly subscription into St Mirren's junior supporters it wasn't  even my birthday but it felt like it. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

WOW that brought back memories of my father coming in with that badge , a bigger  blazer badge , a St Mirren shoulder bag, st mirren tie and a card for my weekly subscription into St Mirren's junior supporters it wasn't  even my birthday but it felt like it. 

I think it was £1 per week and that covered travel on the Bus for all Matches for a Saturday. Midweek games were free. 

Happy days. 

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, shull said:

£670.00!! :o

Even I wouldn't pay that much!!!

Can't think of any reason that match would be so important. Guess the buyer must need it to complete a collection or something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Gladly buy you a pint next time I’m down for Match. Been after that one for ages to make the set, one very Happy Buddy  !!!

Cheers EAB :thumbs2

659EE1F0-1879-49A2-9D62-E4682B4D052A.jpeg

Low print runs and high demand now make the Ayr and Hamilton Programmes very rare and extremely hard to obtain and costly. The Aberdeen Programme is also difficult to find and worth now around a tenner. 

The Semi Final, there are plenty available. No need to pay any more than £1.50.

The Final Programme isn't hard to purchase. Around £5 or £6 for it. Although it does pop up cheaper now and again..