Recommend A Movie

RickMcD

I don't know if we have a thread to recommend a movie. I couldn't find one. It's risky suggesting to anyone to watch a film but last night I watched The Guard. I'm sure some of you will have seen it already. In Ireland a Guard is a member of Garda Siochana, the police force in the Republic. It was filmed around Galway and in Connemara in the west of Ireland- a beautiful part of the world. I laughed till I was sore. If anyone can watch this movie and not laugh then I despair.

It is very un-pc and the language would probably make Shull's hair curl. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and find it.

Sorry to cause you despair, but I thought it was mostly sh*te. A few funny moments, admittedly, but grossly over rated.

If you want to see a good film, go to see War Horse.

you must be joking War horse was utter cobblers full of "Thesps" ham acting, poor dialogue, bad "special effects", especially the anamatronic horses (you can spot when they are being used easily I know some of it is real horses). Sentimental clap trap. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. What made it worse was the people behind me were CRYING, and I was p*ssing ma self

Edited by insaintee

you must be joking War horse was utter cobblers full of "Thesps" ham acting, poor dialogue, bad "special effects", espically the anamatronic horses (you can spot when thery ae being used easily I know some if it is real horses). Sentimental clap trap. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. What made it worse was the people behind me were CRYING, and I was p*ssing ma self

Ah well. We'll just have to disagree on that! I thought it was very enjoyable.

Oh and in case any one didn't know War horse is all about how the first world war was a bad thing snore.gif

Can I ask a serious question ? What war is a good war ?

Not seen many movies for a while however the daughter told me to watch the In Betweeners movie. Jeez I have never laughed as much in a long time. Took me back to the 70’s when a load of us went to Majorca on holiday for the first time as 17 year olds. Funny funny movie

Guest somner9

Haven't seen it myself but I hear that a Mr. P Murray and friends are recommending one next week if their current joint business venture achieves it's initial aim.

The movie: We Bought a Zoo!lol.gif

Sorry to cause you despair, but I thought it was mostly sh*te. A few funny moments, admittedly, but grossly over rated.

If you want to see a good film, go to see War Horse.

(Using you own quote) Sorry to cause you despair, but I thought it was mostly sh*te. A few funny moments, admittedly, but grossly over rated.

you must be joking War horse was utter cobblers full of "Thesps" ham acting, poor dialogue, bad "special effects", espically the anamatronic horses (you can spot when thery ae being used easily I know some if it is real horses). Sentimental clap trap. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. What made it worse was the people behind me were CRYING, and I was p*ssing ma self

Agreed, even my Mrs thoughts so and she loves feckin horses. As a concept it promised so much but failed at every 'fence'. Sentimental implausible clap trap, I wouldnae even take a wean to see it, they'd be wanting their money back too.

Not seen many movies for a while however the daughter told me to watch the In Betweeners movie. Jeez I have never laughed as much in a long time. Took me back to the 70’s when a load of us went to Majorca on holiday for the first time as 17 year olds. Funny funny movie

I too rarely watch any films,but like you the last film I watched was Inbetweeners, which my mate gave me his copy of.

It was supberbly childish and crude, and made me laugh.

P.S.There hasn't been a film in the past ten years that has made me want to go and see it on the big screen.

Cinemas are generally full of clowns that can't control their offspring and/or noisy,greedy cunts that feel the need to stuff their fat faces with overpriced,cholestrol or sugar laden food products.

Watched over the last year.

1. The Help

2. Wind that shakes the Barley

3. Oranges and Sunshine

Realy enjoyed The Wind that shakes the Barley. Seen quite a few Ken Loach movies going right back to Kes and they usually draw you in. My Name is Joe and Sweet Sixteen (lovely setting!) are great as well. Looking for Eric made me laugh partly just because it was him.

The Help just arrived this morning. Better be good...

Realy enjoyed The Wind that shakes the Barley. Seen quite a few Ken Loach movies going right back to Kes and they usually draw you in. My Name is Joe and Sweet Sixteen (lovely setting!) are great as well. Looking for Eric made me laugh partly just because it was him.

The Help just arrived this morning. Better be good...

I found the last 20 mins f**king fantastic.

Talking about Irish movies, as Rick was, Once is a great movie! Calls itself a "modern musical", which I don't think explains it well or does it justice. Really enjoyable! The soundtrack is a great album too.

'Once' is a smashing wee movie featuring real life musicians Glen (Outspan Foster) Hansard of The Frames and Marketa Irglova. Look up The Swell Season on You Tube for some of their musical works.

'Once' is a smashing wee movie featuring real life musicians Glen (Outspan Foster) Hansard of The Frames and Marketa Irglova. Look up The Swell Season on You Tube for some of their musical works.

+1. Great film with a good score.

We watched We Need to Talk about Kevin at the weekend. Pretty disturbing stuff in many respects, but very well acted. It was quite stylised, and sometimes I find that off-putting, but it seemed to work well, and carried the film along despite the fact that the timeline jumped about.