RickMcD

Inglorious bastards

Role models

Something about Mary

Enemy of the state

Ferris buellers day off

That will do for now.

oh oh oh

Chris in the band would hate it of I didn't mention his fab film....

The fast and the furious: Tokyo Drift

Edited by dave.j

Watched Boy in Striped Pyjamas the other week, was really sad. Emotional but well worth a watch if you haven't already.

(I enjoyed War Horse)

+1. Great film with a good score.

We watched We Need to Talk about Kevin at the weekend. Pretty disturbing stuff in many respects, but very well acted. It was quite stylised, and sometimes I find that off-putting, but it seemed to work well, and carried the film along despite the fact that the timeline jumped about.

Both books worth reading. Not seen the films yet.

Same with Kite Runner and One Day. Read the books, both great, not seen the films.

Stand By Me

Crash

Amelie

Run Lola Run

Almost Famous

District 9

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Cemetery Junction

are all worth a watch off the top of my head.

KIds movies tend to be better than any at the moment. Megamind was outstanding.

War Horse is pish and I haven't even seen it yet.

Agree with you on Megamind, and Up is a great movie whether you're an adult or a kid

KIds movies tend to be better than any at the moment. Megamind was outstanding.

War Horse is pish and I haven't even seen it yet.

You lot have no f*cking taste!!!!

As for kids movies, the Incredibles, Toy Story, Shrek, and the Wallace & Gromit films are all worth watching - even without kids!

Watched Boy in Striped Pyjamas the other week, was really sad. Emotional but well worth a watch if you haven't already.

Yep pretty good and an unusual take on the holocaust tragedy, but for a similar tale with extra throat lump moments that will genuinely make you cry, try 'Life Is Beautiful' a bitter sweet take on the holocaust from the Italian-Jewish point of view. Utterly mesmerising, tragic, optimistic, funny and desperately sad too.

And not forgetting these French cinema classics, Gerard Depardieu's excellent character role as 'Jean de Florette', and a fine piece of nudie eroticism in the sequel 'Manon Des Sources'...lol.gifwhistling.gif

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/734989/Jean-De-Florette-Manon-Des-Sources/Product.html?searchstring=jean+de+florette&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Yet another French classic and ten times better than the shitey US remake starring Queen Latifah ! punk.gif

The sequel 'Taxi 2' is equally entertaining, fans of fast car action movies will love this !

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/140299/Taxi-1-And-2-Box-Set/Product.html?searchstring=Taxi+2&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Edited by FS

you must be joking War horse was utter cobblers full of "Thesps" ham acting, poor dialogue, bad "special effects", especially the anamatronic horses (you can spot when they are being used easily I know some of it is real horses). Sentimental clap trap. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. What made it worse was the people behind me were CRYING, and I was p*ssing ma self

That happened to me at a showing of Ghost in 1991 at the bit where the "heaven light" shone on him and took him away.

My girlfriend at the time hit me somewhere tender.

Into the Wild is a good wee movie.

Perfume Diary of a Murderer

Watched the Godfather trilogy again start to finish during the festive season.

Clerks 2 is possibly the finest piece of artistic cinema ever created, and has the bonus of Rosario Dawson's quality dance routine - I defy anyone to name a jigglier dance scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eniM0olR6c

Watched the Godfather trilogy again start to finish during the festive season.

I've watched Godfather and Godfather 2 more than a few times but couldn't bring myself to watch Godfather 3 again until Christmas (saw it in in the pictures when it first came out). It's actually better than I remember, possibly because I was expecting the wooden performance so didn't have the same expectations

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if we have a thread to recommend a movie. I couldn't find one.

Good thread, Rick. I was going to start a thread 2 weeks ago after I'd treated 'wor Deirdre and Amy to a trip to the Cinema to see "The Muppets" but changed my mind as I thought that it would just encourage the blackandwhitearmy.com version of The Muppets to pish all over the thread with their emoticons and "aye-naw" nonsense.

"The Muppets" was brilliant. Wee Amy didn't quite understand it at first but she got into it, especially with the singing and dancing. She asked me which of the Muppets supported St. Mirren. Deirdre loved it and so did I.

Good thread, Rick. I was going to start a thread 2 weeks ago after I'd treated 'wor Deirdre and Amy to a trip to the Cinema to see "The Muppets" but changed my mind as I thought that it would just encourage the blackandwhitearmy.com version of The Muppets to pish all over the thread with their emoticons and "aye-naw" nonsense.

"The Muppets" was brilliant. Wee Amy didn't quite understand it at first but she got into it, especially with the singing and dancing. She asked me which of the Muppets supported St. Mirren. Deirdre loved it and so did I.

1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif