10000Hours Sign Up Night This Thursday April 19Th

div

I don't think many people will take that offer up either. Not so much for the reason you cite, which I think is actually a very good point and respect for that position. I think they will add to their existing support of the club with either the monthly membership and a few will opt for the 87 club membership. Most will view it as a new share issue with additional benefits.

When we needed cash back when we were in trouble and we had the initial Q&A sessions set up by the eventual SMiSA guys one of the first questions asked when SG explianed the seriousness of the financial situation was "Can we buy shares?". The financial situation is different; however securing the long term future of the club is the prize for this investment. Fan ownership, community benefits, supporters bar, etc are all very welcome bonuses. Pretty sure for most fans the investment will be about safeguarding the future of the club. When Tony Fitzpatrick said similar tonight it was a room full of nodding heads.

I hear today that the "room full of nodding heads" numbered less than 25 and included 4 at the top table. Is that correct ?

I hear today that the "room full of nodding heads" numbered less than 25 and included 4 at the top table. Is that correct ?

It was just REA and Tony F at the "top table". The meeting was for new pledgers / d.d.'s not for an update for existing pledgers. As has been pointed out by another poster there is another update meeting in the planning. That is the one that everyone should be there for - especially somner9. tongue.png

When you say the "top table" do you mean 10000 Hours people? Mr Atkinson, Chris Stewart and Tony Fitzpatrick were there.

As far as I know the rest were supporters with obviously SMISA members amongst those supporters? If I'm wrong St. Sid will be better placed to sort it.

E.T.A. He's already posted!

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

If the CIC gets control of 90% of the shares they can force a sale of the remaining shares and de-list the company. You'd get next to nothing, if not nothing for your shareholding. Not that I'm saying you should give up your shares if you don't want to, it's just something to be aware of if the likes of Ken McGeoch and Gordon Scott do swap shares for equity.

De-list the company from where?