The 10000Hours Numbers Explained

div

Guest somner9

Is it just me, or does what started of as a decent thread make anyone else want to run screaming from the room? bangin.gif

to paraphrase your writings in red (always thought when i got a letter form a customer written in red, or green that the picnic may not be complete) You're basically saying bollocks to the club and up the Cic/partners!

It's an angle! but i don't think you'll get that dog to hunt!

to paraphrase your writings in red (always thought when i got a letter form a customer written in red, or green that the picnic may not be complete) You're basically saying bollocks to the club and up the Cic/partners!

It's an angle! but i don't think you'll get that dog to hunt!

I'm not the one with the missing sandwiches here mate.

Should the subscriptions and additional revenue fail to reach the required levels then the co-op will be vulnerable, leaving the majority shareholding in the club available to anyone who wants to take it over, maybe r*ngers, maybe Ken, maybe a local ned

Should the club fail to make money it is vulnerable to go bust !

The club is currently open for "maybe r*ngers, maybe Ken, maybe a local ned" to take it over.

If someone walks in with a suitcase of cash who knows what the Consortium would do.

Not sure what the point of your post was.

Guest somner9

Sumner9 if you were constructive in your posts against the takeover I would understand where you are coming from even if I did not agree. However you look like the dog that's trying to catch its own tail. You're a fellow bud it's time to take a step back mate.

Not a lot of chances of that. never give up, never give in!

Comparing football fans with the customers of a supermarket or a petrol station shows how little you understand about being a football supporter.

If the goods on offer at Tesco aren't to my liking I'll go to Sainsbury's, or Morrisons, or Asda.

If the petrol at Shell is too expensive I'll go to Esso, or BP.......

If St.Mirren are shite then I'll still be a St.Mirren supporter. The emotional attachment to the club is there forever.

Even you can't stay away from the club !

My club, your club, our club.

Really? Just look at the polls as to how many people will stay away from "their club" if a r*ngers Newco is allowed back into the SPL. :rolleyes:

I'm not a St Mirren supporter. I am a football customer. I've got a much healthier relationship with the game than you have.

Not a lot of chances of that. never give up, never give in!

Admirable.....but Somner even you must be aware you are beginning to sound ridiculously desperate. We're told that last night you missed yet another opportunity to turn back the tide and that yet more people completed their Direct Debit forms. It's quite clear your internet based campaign is having absolutely no effect at all.

Really? Just look at the polls as to how many people will stay away from "their club" if a r*ngers Newco is allowed back into the SPL. rolleyes.gif

Yes. Let's see how that pans out if it comes to pass shall we.

I'm not a St Mirren supporter. I am a football customer. I've got a much healthier relationship with the game than you have.

I'm not going to go through this again, I really can't be bothered with your tedious pish.

Guest somner9

Admirable.....but Somner even you must be aware you are beginning to sound ridiculously desperate. We're told that last night you missed yet another opportunity to turn back the tide and that yet more people completed their Direct Debit forms. It's quite clear your internet based campaign is having absolutely no effect at all.

Don't have a campaign, all buds will decide and do as they see fit, ignoring all outside warped-so last year-type grudges. Vive la Buddies!

Don't have a campaign, all buds will decide and do as they see fit, ignoring all outside warped-so last year-type grudges. Vive la Buddies!

....and they appear to be deciding to ignore your message en-mass on this medium.

I can empathise with you Somner. I've been in your position for years. I've taken every opportunity over the years to point out where I think St Mirren are going wrong and I've tried, usually in vain, to offer a suggestion as to how to remedy the situation. More often than not I was vilified or just people just posted hate filled bile aimed at me. I could handle that cause I'm not a St Mirren supporter and if their customer base wanted to blindly follow their leaders excusing every dubious behaviour I knew it would have little effect on me. However you claim to be a St Mirren supporter, dead against the CIC which you state is threatening the clubs very existence, and yet for all your waffle you haven't yet come up with anything that has given other supporters cause to share your concern.

Can I share a little bit of friendly advice though? Others have already said much the same thing too, but Somner if you really do hold a silver bullet that will put 10000hours down once and for all, why not drop the alias, get out to those meetings, have the courage of your convictions and make sure that every single St Mirren supporter hears you express exactly what your concerns are. You might not be able to turn the tide now, but at least your conscience will be completely clear knowing you did absolutely everything in your power to save your beloved club.

....and they appear to be deciding to ignore your message en-mass on this medium.

I can empathise with you Somner. I've been in your position for years. I've taken every opportunity over the years to point out where I think St Mirren are going wrong and I've tried, usually in vain, to offer a suggestion as to how to remedy the situation. More often than not I was vilified or just people just posted hate filled bile aimed at me. I could handle that cause I'm not a St Mirren supporter and if their customer base wanted to blindly follow their leaders excusing every dubious behaviour I knew it would have little effect on me. However you claim to be a St Mirren supporter, dead against the CIC which you state is threatening the clubs very existence, and yet for all your waffle you haven't yet come up with anything that has given other supporters cause to share your concern.

Can I share a little bit of friendly advice though? Others have already said much the same thing too, but Somner if you really do hold a silver bullet that will put 10000hours down once and for all, why not drop the alias, get out to those meetings, have the courage of your convictions and make sure that every single St Mirren supporter hears you express exactly what your concerns are. You might not be able to turn the tide now, but at least your conscience will be completely clear knowing you did absolutely everything in your power to save your beloved club.

Sadly i think the debacle over at rankgers has given a lot of "untrust" to any scheme at this moment in time

added to that the KMG scenario that didnt help matters either

its a real shame the timing of this takeover has been tarnished by the cheating brush of "the great institution" 6 miles down the road

lots of people are scare to go into the water above the knee let alone take "the plunge"

i'll repeat.....ITS A REAL SHAME

Fighting over bar profits...is this really where we are?

There is logic about meeting payments and paying back the fit out costs. There will also be, I'd imagine some sort of 10000 ours bar use policy. Alongside that, I'd imagine, is the fact that everything is open to discussion and vote

In my opinion, I'd rather have the bar than not and would rather follow a community model than a short term quick fix.

They probably think;

The space isn't generating any income at all at the moment

The club has had 3 years to fit it out and develop it and has not done so

That the 10000Hours partners are going to fit it out at no cost to the club

That 10000Hours will staff the bar on matchdays

That it will be used by 10000Hours members on matchdays

That the club will be able to generate revenue at other times using the facility

So in summary that it is a sensible and good deal all round for the football club with little or no risk I'd reckon.

I would imagine that is exactly what they do. The return to the club would be return for a fixed license fee. Are you really suggesting that the income the football club gets from catering depends on how many pies that are sold ?

10000Hours will be paying peppercorn rent back to the club for a space that they will fit out, and the clubs return will be the ability to use it for function events that it cannot cater for well at the moment.

I for one disagree, while it would be good to have the vacant space used and generating income the bar is an insignificant part of this bid for me and I just think a lot of the talk about this is purely mud slinging in the hope that some of it sticks. The most important thing to me is that St Mirren football club would be in the hands of the people who profess to love it most - the fans, which is the main reason I signed up a long, long time ago to try and help safeguard a sustainable future for the club. As for the bar itself, if it's there I'll use it, if it's not I'll continue to go to the pub before and after games.

I for one disagree, while it would be good to have the vacant space used and generating income the bar is an insignificant part of this bid for me and I just think a lot of the talk about this is purely mud slinging in the hope that some of it sticks. The most important thing to me is that St Mirren football club would be in the hands of the people who profess to love it most - the fans, which is the main reason I signed up a long, long time ago to try and help safeguard a sustainable future for the club. As for the bar itself, if it's there I'll use it, if it's not I'll continue to go to the pub before and after games.

Totally agree but was responding to specific rant about the void.

I'm sick of hearing about the bloody void as well. Least important part of the bid.

Totally agree but was responding to specific rant about the void.

I'm sick of hearing about the bloody void as well. Least important part of the bid.

I'm aware of that Div but some people are focussing on minutiae of the bid, probably in an attempt to try and de-rail it. Things like bar income could easily be discussed and resolved by a members meeting once 10000 hours is up and running. Looking at the bigger picture the main issues for joining the CiC for myself are

The chance to try and help safeguard a sustainable future and protect the club from future predatory interest.

The chance to have a say on major issues about how Saint Mirren are run as a club, not the day to day running but things like how the club interact with the community, the match day experience and how the facilities could be used by the general public.

The chance to have a real say in how the club votes at SFA/SPL meetings.Other threads are going on about how the club might possibly vote regarding rangers yet here we are with a great chance to be the ones deciding how the club votes

Iinstead of being fans with laptops we would be fans with voices.

I'm aware of that Div but some people are focussing on minutiae of the bid, probably in an attempt to try and de-rail it. Things like bar income could easily be discussed and resolved by a members meeting once 10000 hours is up and running. Looking at the bigger picture the main issues for joining the CiC for myself are

The chance to try and help safeguard a sustainable future and protect the club from future predatory interest.

The chance to have a say on major issues about how Saint Mirren are run as a club, not the day to day running but things like how the club interact with the community, the match day experience and how the facilities could be used by the general public.

The chance to have a real say in how the club votes at SFA/SPL meetings.Other threads are going on about how the club might possibly vote regarding rangers yet here we are with a great chance to be the ones deciding how the club votes

Iinstead of being fans with laptops we would be fans with voices.

Even if none of the other positives were likely, this would be reason in itself to see the CiC come to fruition.

I didn't back the original CIC as I wasn't happy with the proposed structure of the CIC board where the majority vote could fall to corporate, community & RA but I'm OK with the new set up of one member one vote.

Haven't pledged yet but I'm waiting on 87 club details from RA to see what that's all about before I make up my mind what membership to take.

Never want our club to fall into the wrong hands and the new structure for voting is fair so I'll get behind it.

Even if none of the other positives were likely, this would be reason in itself to see the CiC come to fruition.

All most things would take under the CiC (unless there are legal or contractual issues) is 2 people, one to propose a motion and one to second it. That motion would then go to a vote of the full membership.

For instance someone could stand up at a meeting and say 'As the club essentially host the main event that brings so many people to the bar on a matchday, then the club should be entitled to a percentage of that income'

All most things would take under the CiC (unless there are legal or contractual issues) is 2 people, one to propose a motion and one to second it. That motion would then go to a vote of the full membership.

For instance someone could stand up at a meeting and say 'As the club essentially host the main event that brings so many people to the bar on a matchday, then the club should be entitled to a percentage of that income'

I am in complete agreement and I am aware of this. I was simply stating that even if this wast the case and the fans had no other powers (which isn't the case) it would be worth the CiC going through just to sway the SPL voting decisions.

Guest somner9

sounds good, but as there will be two boards, with the club board made up mainly of 10000 hours peeps! If they don't like it then the cic board cant make them do it!

fuxake....it's just taken me about quarter of an hour wading through 3 or 4 pages of this shite and there is absolutely no new information or even perspectives presented.

I liked the get-this-pish-shifted conversion to I-am-gay function. Can we no do something similar for somner9's posts on this board - change them all to "I am against the CIC no matter what!" Then we don't have to read through the responses to the tedious repitition of the same old bollox.

Guest somner9

fuxake....it's just taken me about quarter of an hour wading through 3 or 4 pages of this shite and there is absolutely no new information or even perspectives presented.

I liked the get-this-pish-shifted conversion to I-am-gay function. Can we no do something similar for somner9's posts on this board - change them all to "I am against the CIC no matter what!" Then we don't have to read through the responses to the tedious repitition of the same old bollox.

Nice of you to take the time to read the pages. Are you having a break from "Rimming" you're way onto whatever boards take you're fancy?

Nice of you to take the time to read the pages. Are you having a break from "Rimming" you're way onto whatever boards take you're fancy?

Always find this sort of stuff amusing when it comes to anything that involves open voting. cnutcillors are the worst for it. I got involved in a couple of local organisations a while back and the cnutcillors and political activists all started to shite themselves thinking I was gearing up for an election. lol.gif

I enjoy football and supporting St Mirren. I don't like committee types, cnutcillors and political hangers on. Besides it's far more fun standing on the sidelines chucking rocks for fun - you should know that. bangin.gif