The 10000Hours Numbers Explained

div

Here lies the crux of the problem. Rather than asking a specific question that can be answered we have ramblings, innuendos and agendas from individuals. Can a simple question not be asked that can provide a simple answer. If these posters have startling evidence to suggest that the CiC is conning the potential members then ask a question that can be answered by the CiC where they can be held accountable. Ramblings and innuendo is just tittle tattle and if anything assisting in helping the CiC cause.

Interpolated from a recent post.

1. As 52% shareholder of the Club how can the CiC assist the Club in potential future financial shortfalls that it may encounter. (Please ignore that the fact that the CLUB is a completely different company and should be self-financed and not reliant on requiring its shareholders to pump additional funds into it )
  2. Who gets the profit from the bar during match day ?

Are we the fan really concerned that the CiC (not the Club) take empty space in the stadium, fit it out on their own (with some assistance from their members), then open it during match day for the benefit of its members where it could make a few hundred pounds profit for its own funds. Then allow the Club to use its facilities and keep the money.

To take that argument to the extreme what is to stop a “Craig Whyte type” open a matchday bar across from the stadium, fill it with saints fans then pocket the profit like every other bar in the town.

If these are the “smoking gun” questions that the fans at SMFC should be worried about then where is the CiC sign up form for me to sign up. There are other questions out there that should be asked and I am sure there are some plausible answers, some answers may be contractually sensitive.

1. Why does the Douglas Street Company not have all of the consortium members as Directors.
  2. Why does the Douglas Street Company have Laura Montgomery as a Director what role will she take in the Business
  3. Is there a proposal for Glasgow Womens Football to be based out of St Mirren Park.
  4. Should the CiC fail after the Consortium have had their payoff what is to stop them buying the control back for a fraction of what they received
  5. The business plan for the CiC appears to be based on certain member numbers being achieved. What is the absolute minimum member number to have a breakeven point in the CiC.

1. The Actual Directors don't matter as all the voting shares are owned by the Consortium. However there is also one more Director from the Consotium than from the CIC.

2. Those who have followed the stroy as to how I got involved with all of this may recall that it came from me approaching St Mirren on behalf of Glasgow City about playing at Ralston. Laura was very involved in the CIC at the time that Douglas Street was formed. Laura has now moved South and while she is a member of the CIC and i believe SMiSA she is not involved because of a specific role.

3. No Glasgow City Play out of Petershill. I do however personally think we are missing an opportunity in not establishing an official SMFC womens side for the Scottish System

4. If the CIC fails such that say an Administrator is appointed then they are responsible to sell it to whoever makes the best offer for any Creditors

5. We have always said that we have a target at which we believe we can complete the Deal in Principal. Basically just over 1000 individuals and at least 87, 87 Club members. If we get less then we have to offer less and it would be in the hands of the sellers in a competitive market to decide what they want to do.

Those answers ok?

Are you happy that I have answered the questions...that there seemed to be a doubt that I would give answers to?

The only questions I will not answer publically would relate to any issue, which bearing in mind we are competing against others who are interested in buying the club, that i believe would have a negative impact at this stage on our bid.....so mainly the fine detail on the "agreement in principal" and the funding bodies.

Dont think I have ever ducked any other question that is not related to this....but more than happy for someone to challenge that

1. Why does the Douglas Street Company not have all of the consortium members as Directors.
  2. Why does the Douglas Street Company have Laura Montgomery as a Director what role will she take in the Business
  3. Is there a proposal for Glasgow Womens Football to be based out of St Mirren Park.
  4. Should the CiC fail after the Consortium have had their payoff what is to stop them buying the control back for a fraction of what they received
  5. The business plan for the CiC appears to be based on certain member numbers being achieved. What is the absolute minimum member number to have a breakeven point in the CiC.

Good questions but to answer 3 even if there is, if the members think that it would be contrary to the best interests of 10000hours, they could easily reject the proposal and stop it from happening.

I have to say though for me it's a waste to have a football arena lie empty and unused for around 340 days a year. Everyone appears to be quite happy with the arrangement with the SFA to allow Scotlands Under 21's to use the ground, so if a convincing business case could be made to have Glasgow City Ladies play out of Greenhill Road what would be the problem?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Guest somner9

Are you happy that I have answered the questions...that there seemed to be a doubt that I would give answers to?

The only questions I will not answer publically would relate to any issue, which bearing in mind we are competing against others who are interested in buying the club, that i believe would have a negative impact at this stage on our bid.....so mainly the fine detail on the "agreement in principal" and the funding bodies.

Dont think I have ever ducked any other question that is not related to this....but more than happy for someone to challenge that

I think personally you should answer the person who posed the question or questions. Some may perceive your readiness to reply to any comment I make about anything CiC-ish as a tad OTT given recent occurences

If your objective is to shout me down, I can assure you it will never work. Never give up, never give in!

You are becoming a parody of yourself now. You asked questions, other asked questions, you got answers. If you don't like the answers then fair enough but how you can construe someone answering your questions as being an attempt to "shout you down" is, to quote Martin Bain, "incredulous".

Guest somner9

You are becoming a parody of yourself now. You asked questions, other asked questions, you got answers. If you don't like the answers then fair enough but how you can construe someone answering your questions as being an attempt to "shout you down" is, to quote Martin Bain, "incredulous".

The gang's all hereclap.gif

Why do you insist on dissing someone that doesn't like the answers? Strange in itself really

Edited by somner9

If your objective is to shout me down, I can assure you it will never work. Never give up, never give in!

If I was Atkinson I'd have told you to get to f**k a long time ago instead of indulging you.

You have no interest at all in hearing "answers". You are simply at it. You could have contacted the guy directly, he has been open with that on here but you have chosen not to. Whatever it is thats chewing you up inside over this, isn't manifesting itself in a particularly pretty way.

1. The Actual Directors don't matter as all the voting shares are owned by the Consortium. However there is also one more Director from the Consotium than from the CIC.

2. Those who have followed the stroy as to how I got involved with all of this may recall that it came from me approaching St Mirren on behalf of Glasgow City about playing at Ralston. Laura was very involved in the CIC at the time that Douglas Street was formed. Laura has now moved South and while she is a member of the CIC and i believe SMiSA she is not involved because of a specific role.

3. No Glasgow City Play out of Petershill. I do however personally think we are missing an opportunity in not establishing an official SMFC womens side for the Scottish System

4. If the CIC fails such that say an Administrator is appointed then they are responsible to sell it to whoever makes the best offer for any Creditors

5. We have always said that we have a target at which we believe we can complete the Deal in Principal. Basically just over 1000 individuals and at least 87, 87 Club members. If we get less then we have to offer less and it would be in the hands of the sellers in a competitive market to decide what they want to do.

Those answers ok?

Thanks for the response however being a simple “fan” I am unclear on some of the responses.

1. I understood that Douglas Street Ltd was simply a vehicle to allow the transfer of the assets from the Consortium to the CiC. This is the reason why I was asking why Mrs Purves was missing from the named Directors and why others were present. Your answer could be misinterpreted by someone that the Douglas Street Company and the CiC are in some way linked by other means other than it actually is.
  2. See above
  3. Totally agree. I believe that Womens Football is one of the few growth sectors in the game and SMFC are missing a trick by not embracing it. I would have welcomed the Glasgow City to make use and play out of the St Mirren Park and bring some positive publicity to the club.
  4. Noted. Hopefully it would never come to that.
  5. Noted and a good to see that a harsh commercial decision may have to be made in the offer to the Consortium.

Good Luck on the venture and hopefully this is the start good things. A club like ours NEEDS to embrace the community, it’s a shame that the current custodians have failed to do this.

ps. There was no need for the "those answers ok ?". I am not one of the ones you need to convince.

Guest somner9

If I was Atkinson I'd have told you to get to f**k a long time ago instead of indulging you.

You have no interest at all in hearing "answers". You are simply at it. You could have contacted the guy directly, he has been open with that on here but you have chosen not to. Whatever it is thats chewing you up inside over this, isn't manifesting itself in a particularly pretty way.

Let me be as clear as i have always been. I do not want to meet, or have discussions with 10000 hours. I have taken as a given that this forum was for fans to discuss their, hopes, fears, reservations, wishes, dis-interest or whatever regarding 10000 hours and the proposed CiC, and any other bids if we ever get any detail about them.

At the start of this forum the following is posted by the Mods to give us an expectation of what the forum is about:

St.Mirren For Sale

The majority shareholding in the club is for sale. This forum is for debating the merits of any bid that is being made for the control of St.Mirren FC.

Previously this was the 10000Hours forum but questions to the 10000Hours team should now be directed to the team via their own site at www.10000hours.org where they now have their own dedicated forum.

I take from that if i want them to answer a question I might have then i should go to them and ask it! If i ever have one that's where i'll go.

Obviously the Mods have decided to ignore their guidance and encourage 10000 hours to stifle any debate that doesn't suck up to them. Thats the Mods choice! But perhaps they should make that clear also in the forum heading?

Only my opinion mind! you'll have to ask the many what they think?

Guest somner9

Fair enough. Excuse me then for not paying the slightest bit of notice to anything you have to say on the matter.

You really felt the need to post... that??? By definition that means you took notice bangin.gif

Let me be as clear as i have always been. I do not want to meet, or have discussions with 10000 hours. I have taken as a given that this forum was for fans to discuss their, hopes, fears, reservations, wishes, dis-interest or whatever regarding 10000 hours and the proposed CiC, and any other bids if we ever get any detail about them.

At the start of this forum the following is posted by the Mods to give us an expectation of what the forum is about:

St.Mirren For Sale

The majority shareholding in the club is for sale. This forum is for debating the merits of any bid that is being made for the control of St.Mirren FC.

Previously this was the 10000Hours forum but questions to the 10000Hours team should now be directed to the team via their own site at www.10000hours.org where they now have their own dedicated forum.

I take from that if i want them to answer a question I might have then i should go to them and ask it! If i ever have one that's where i'll go.

Obviously the Mods have decided to ignore their guidance and encourage 10000 hours to stifle any debate that doesn't suck up to them. Thats the Mods choice! But perhaps they should make that clear also in the forum heading?

Only my opinion mind! you'll have to ask the many what they think?

Somner come off it. When you posted in the Word to the Wise thread I expressed my concern that someone was attempting to threaten you with litigation and wanting to drag you into an office to do it when all they really needed to do was post on the forum refuting your claims under their own identity. In this thread Richard has done exactly that.

You appear to be freely posting on the forum without any censorship, but you want to censor 10000hours to stop them from answering your posts. Cake and eating it springs to mind

Guest somner9

Ha, ha... all we need know is the other three regular "Attack anyone that isn't for the Cic" posters to join their wee gang mates and we'll be back to where we were exactly one year ago..... Still Talking the Talk!

Still i read in the Herald it'll all be sorted this month, so maybe this part of the forum can hear the fat lady clearing her throat?

Ha, ha... all we need know is the other three regular "Attack anyone that isn't for the Cic" posters to join their wee gang mates and we'll be back to where we were exactly one year ago..... Still Talking the Talk!

Still i read in the Herald it'll all be sorted this month, so maybe this part of the forum can hear the fat lady clearing her throat?

Oh FFS....So far in the last two weeks I've offered you my support, asked you to disclose who the director was and given you the opportunity to get me to cancel my direct debit, and finally, frustrated with you, I accused you of lacking a back bone and a modicum of courage. Somewhere in between someone claimed that I was only interested in 10000hours so that I could wreak havoc as a non St Mirren supporter and now you are back on to claim that I'm one of those who "attack anyone who isn't for the CIC".

If it wasn't for the fact that the first aid nurse at work made the bandage really well padded, I'd be nursing another cut in my forehead by now. :rolleyes:

Pram emptied. Toys everywhere.

Guest somner9

Pram emptied. Toys everywhere.

Tut, tut... does that fall under the guidance given for this forum?

St.Mirren For Sale

^^^^

tantrum

Guest somner9

looks like Somner is having a wee online breakdown here.laugh.png

Just conducting a wee bit of research to see how many posters attack anyone that isn't for the CiC. Have to say given what I've seen/experienced so far from Posters, Mods, CiC, BoD members, It doesn't portray membership of the CiC in a positive light! But hey what do I know about marketing the benefits of a co-operative?