Smisa - Where Are They In All This ?

div

Wise words again from Stu Dick. In reality almost all of the pledgers understand the process of setting up the CIC and what steps need to be taken to get to the point of actually being in possession of the majority shareholding. Most are in wait and see mode, and are content with that state of affairs. Meanwhile, REA is working on trying to get to the end point we are all waiting for with the assistance of a very small team. He has used fans where appropriate to assist him with stuff like 10000 Hours website and the marketing bollox - baldy and gingy respectively....and I would take that to be what he meant by team, rather than them being part of some sinister inner circle.

I am quietly confident that REA would appreciate additional offers of assistance from appropriately skilled fans, rather the the usual..."we want attention from the father figure"..fannytalk that gets posted on here and he is no doubt bombarded with through other communication mediums. tongue.png

• 4 weeks later...

In reply to the OP Title..... here they are ta-naaaa http://www.smisa.net...-proposals.html

Surely ti f"k there has to be a documented, sane response now. I am very much still in favour of the CIC, but it on the ropes due to the lack of information, detail and responsiveness over the last few months. Some fans have tried their best to maintain the levels of support the CIC has, but even the most ardent CIC-supporter must be having some doubts based on recent behaviours.

This can't just be about hitting a number. This has to be a sure-footed and clear path to genuine fan ownership and empowerment. It cannot be based on spurious soundbites or certain fans staking their reputations on good vibrations and warm fuzzy feelings of community ownership. It needs to be sold to ALL ST Mirren supporters - not just enough to get it over the line.

This is supposed to be the big push.......time to raise the bar!!!!!

Would be quite ironic if the SMISA statement wasn't actually the view of all in SMISA, instead just the view of those at a high level in the organisation.

That's a good point, I'm sure there are a few SMISA members with completed direct debit forms.

That's a good point, I'm sure there are a few SMISA members with completed direct debit forms.

I have a completed direct debit form and am not a member of SMiSA. I would like to see the detail they have asked for and responses to the concerns that they have.

Why not stop trying to radicalise opinion on SMiSA and provide the information all fans would like to see. These are genuine concerns from people that are in favour of fan ownership. This is not longer self-interested parties like GLS berating 10000 Hours. This is fellow St Mirren fans looking for the information required to support proposals that we are not saying we are against - just that we don't have enough information to be comfortable baout the projects goals and chances of success. This is not the personal attacks we have seen in the past from anonymous aliases. This is concerns coming from supporters that have up until now supported the process.

The attention to detail might not suit you; however ignoring it will damage the CIC. I really don't understand the defensive stance being taken on this. That is doing more harm than the genuine concerns that have been raised.

Have to agree Sid. It seems that many on this forum are looking at the SMiSA statements as anti-supporter and community ownership which is definitely not the case.

Regardless of what SMiSA have said on their website - I personally require more information to ensure that I fully understand what exactly I am signing up to as an individual member.

At this stage of the bid/takeover I find it very strange that such information is not forthcoming.

I'm no getting this at all Balfy......this should be batter up, 9th innings, knock it right out the park for a home run time for 10000 Hours and lap up the applause. I'm shocked to my boots at the lack of response to the challenge. Either they have the numbers required already and couldn't give a toss or the game's a bogey.

It's time to stop trying to manage the support in small doses and to step up to the plate and be a leader. A document laying the offer down in Black & White...call it the Black & White doc if you must rip the heid aff it at marketing blah, blah....but the content must be detail and accessable.

It is time for leadership....not the Mel Gibson hollywood style shite that the tartan clad tories lap up, but genuine leadership. Confident, detailed statements that provide clarity for fans to make a decion based on information - not hype, not peer pressure....just the facts about what the CIC is, how it will function, what the risks are...effectively a project plan....what ifs, costs, risk assessments, etc. This isn't a lottery ticket we're buying here, its a decision about changing the club's ownership and structure to something new, untried and untested. The general idea is great and I doubt many would disagree with that. We just need the reassurance of detail to help close the deal.

A week has passed since this announcement was made via the Herald, B&WA and the PDE. Not everyone who has signed up to 10000Hours necessarily reads these.

Perhaps I'm not alone, but my last formal update from 10000Hours was on 25th April. Maybe I have dropped off their mailing list for daring to ask questions.

You should have received an email from 10000Hours a few minutes ago.

I'd like to hope that this meeting will consider many of the valid points raised via this forum and by organisations like SMiSA.

I would too. I would also hope the people who are very much against the proposal (in it's current form at least) show some balls and turn up and ask the questions they want answered in person in front of everyone else. Let's have the debate good and proper and let's get as much information out there as possible.

At this stage I would expect that that the Social funder and all community organisations will be presented to the audience and be available to answer questions from the floor on their involvement moving forward.

You would need to ask Richard that question. I'm not so convinced that the funder needs to be present but you can ask and see if it is possible.

I also hope that as many supporters of St Mirren FC and interested community groups can attend to make this worthwhile as numbers last time were very limited - 17 and that included 10000Hours, reps from SMiSA and of course our very own St Sid.

You and me both mate. The deadline on the deal will hopefully now help to focus the minds. The last meeting was poorly attended I think due to apathy. Perhaps that will also happen this time but I expect not, there is too much at stake.

The people who don't want this to happen need to show up and put forward their concerns, and the people who are in support of it at the moment need to sit there and listen to those concerns and the answers that are given. Then everyone needs to make up their mind if they are behind this or not.