87 Club

In fairness you should re-read my post. I edited it to make it even more insulting.

People who use phrases like "Corporate Governance" should be banned from any position of responsibility and made to eat pilchard and raspberry sandwiches. You talk like an MBA. Are there any MBA's out there who have actually made money from using their own money as opposed to someone else's that I could talk to here?

BTW freemason? I'm not a freemason.

I've re-read your post and I still cant find the insults, except for the insult to my intelligence.

Keep up the editing, with the amount of practice you are getting you'll soon be pretty good at it

An idle threat from someone who couldnt get a job getting the trolleys back in from Morrisons car park.

Clearly I've hit a nerve and the del boys who have failed to pass the credit scoring and competency checks are ganging up on me. Get over it guys, the banks will start lending soon and you can all by new pringles and head off to the golf club to congratulate each other on your immense business acumen (with you backs to the bar, of course, so the regulars cant see the holes in the arse of your trousers).

Never mind delboy, I'll console myself by opening a bottle from the case of the fine Rioja that one of your fellow traders insisted on sending me last christmas. it still didnt get him the contract though. That went to the guy who sent me the Glenlivet and thone big wheel of stilton.

Wow, you have really came across like a prat!

Was the £500k budget you claim to manage the money that Ken was going to raise via Ticketus?

People do business with people. That's the moto the organisation I work for works to and as one of the biggest brands in Scotland and one that has seen rapid growth over the last 10 years I would tend to go with that. Not with your competitive tender guff.

Was the £500k budget you claim to manage the money that Ken was going to raise via Ticketus?

People do business with people. That's the moto the organisation I work for works to and as one of the biggest brands in Scotland and one that has seen rapid growth over the last 10 years I would tend to go with that. Not with your competitive tender guff.

Another nob that thinks I am either ken or one of his agents.

What a snooty little reply (and a desperately ignorant an ill-informed one to boot), your reputation on this forum is well deserved.

Luckily the world is full of multi-billion pound businesses, staffed by highly qualified and trustworthy people who know a thing or two about corporate governance, whose crumbs float down to feed the host of buttock-clenching freemasons who spend far too much of their time acting like a big shot on football forums.

Fuxxake, you could be a window cleaner for all I knowholiday.gif

I'm sure I recognise this poster. Aren't you the guy who spat the dummy recently?

An idle threat from someone who couldnt get a job getting the trolleys back in from Morrisons car park.

Clearly I've hit a nerve and the del boys who have failed to pass the credit scoring and competency checks are ganging up on me. Get over it guys, the banks will start lending soon and you can all by new pringles and head off to the golf club to congratulate each other on your immense business acumen (with you backs to the bar, of course, so the regulars cant see the holes in the arse of your trousers).

Never mind delboy, I'll console myself by opening a bottle from the case of the fine Rioja that one of your fellow traders insisted on sending me last christmas. it still didnt get him the contract though. That went to the guy who sent me the Glenlivet and thone big wheel of stilton.

That's all you got for £500K....you got mugged.

To be fair I don't think business is a one size fits all.

Bigger businesses need processes to support their procurement model (even though in my own experience tendering is rife with brown envelopes and corruption).

Smaller businesses should always competitively price but there is always a lot of weight based on trust and trust more often than not comes through people you know either directly or through indirect referrals or recommendations from people you know,

Networking is a wanky term but in my own business I rely heavily on clients referring on others and it (to date) has worked well.

I'll give you a wee hint.

He is NOT in charge of a £500 million budget.

Nobody with that level of responsibility would have the time or inclination to post on a forum.

I missed the insults, must have been too subtle for my well-educated brain. Then again I'm not well versed in the parlance of the market trader so maybe I should log on and do a couple more courses. You obviously are a mason and now you're a liar too. Good work for this time in the evening (dont think it wont be reflected in your appraisal)

So I'm a market trader, a mason and a window cleaner?

Wow. I'm quite busy.

At least I'll have enough hours not to have to worry about the tax credits restrictions.

It's clearly not your own money.

Most proper businessmen (i.e. those who make their own money) know that people prefer to do business with people.

Networking is everything.

I would NEVER give business to someone I didn't know.

I would be especially worried about giving someone else's £500k away to people I didn't know.

Sadly the world is full of MBA's prepared to spend other people's money by following other people's business models.

ETA:

You got me started on this grrrr.

What do you do when you need your car fixed?

Arrange 3 quotes in sealed bids and then set your own T&C?

Or do you pick up the phone and ask a mate who to recommend?

Almost no jobs are advertised ever.

Interviews at most of the very top jobs are by invitation only. They are generally NOT announced.

I could go on but I hope the point is made.

If you really are in charge of that amount of money you need to start doing your job properly.

I'm betting you work for a council.

Maybe that's why budgets ALWAYS overrun. You keep giving money to people you don't know and guess what - they lie to you to get the gig.

That's the best post you have made in fact your getting better by the day :).

I think Ken is new into his position and as such will learn with time like we all do.

That's the best post you have made in fact your getting better by the day smile.png.

I think Ken is new into his position and as such will learn with time like we all do.

He'll no last....his buyers will suss him out in no time as will his FD....unless of course he works in the public sector.

Fully respect people who go self employed and stick with it and hopefully get the rewards for all the hard work. Tried it for a year and a half and in that time never had an overdraft , all bills were paid on time, however had very little money in my own pocket the wife got that for us to just about tick over. Then was offered work offshore where I have stayed to this day. Being self employed taught me a lot in a short space of time.

Div is 100% correct in tendering , a lot of the time it leads to brown envelopes and corruption as greed is never far away. Have seen it going on but farcical is these individuals think their so smart that no one else can see what’s going on. Have seen a few fall from great heights.

The 87 club has been revealed at ...

http://www.10000hours.org/87club

The benefits include a parking space, exclusive use of the cic function hall at half time, use of the cic lounge for business meetings, aswell as various exclusive club events such as team photo days and strip launches that members can attend to get exclusive time with the players for photos etc.

The team from the 87 cup final are also to be made honorary patrons.

I wouldn't mind signing up if I had the money but it seems its more aimed at businesses, with some advertising thrown into the benefits aswell.

ETA , no one can accuse 10khours of not communicating enough this time, I got sent the email 10 times in the space of 20 mins!

Shocking!

I was over at my old dads yesterday, he was reading this thread and said to me that some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Wise words big mac !

I was over at my old dads yesterday, he was reading this thread and said to me that some people know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Wise words big mac !

Wise words big mac !

Wise words indeed. Over heard my father tell my brother – Never expect anyone to be like yourself or you will be disappointed

I like that.

Edit so good I quote it three times !

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Wise words big mac !

Did you get you new dad via a tendering process, or was he acquired through networking?

Wise words big mac !

A relative of mine read this thread and declared that we are all saints fans and should be united, however there are obviously some obviously right smug bastards going around

Edited by beyond our ken