Progress Officially Made

And knocked oot the Cup by Ayr United.

Boring shit football from Xmas till we got knocked out Cup by Hearts.

WE'RE GUID AT MEANINGLESS KICKABOOTS !

The Xmas eve game wasnae meaningless and we were fantastic.

You're such a moany barsteward, lighten up !

I'll be there on Saturday to cheer us on in our last home friendly.

I willnae get carried away.

We're playing under no pressure at the moment.

It's nearly taken the whole f*ckin Season to give the Fans summat to cheer about.

It's nearly taken the whole f*ckin Season to give the Fans summat to cheer about.

Xmas Eve was the best present and best cheer of many a season.

Xmas Eve was the best present and best cheer of many a season.

It was a magnificent present.

Just as well we didnae play Ayr United.

The Festive Season wid have been shit.

would you rather we were still involved in a relegation battle?

Aye, nice to be playing under nae pressure at this stage of the season for a change eh?

Well done Danny and the lads for getting us into the position to do that!

Well done Danny!! Definitely made progress this season.

Now with the higher finish and increased finances for finishing higher up the table we'll be able to beat more SPL teams to the signature of players next season.

Got to be delighted that we're moving in the right direction.

Aye, nice to be playing under nae pressure at this stage of the season for a change eh?

Well done Danny and the lads for getting us into the position to do that!

I'd rather we were playing exciting and winning Football when it COUNTS.

As i said before the split...It's one thing winning when there's no pressure, it's another thing winning when it matters. It mattered before the split, it doesn't really matter now.

If only we had produced these kind of results and performances when the chips were down....who knows where we'd be now. Certainly we'd have at least 1 Hampden appearance in the bag.

Hopefully the manager can turn relatively meaningless victories into meaningful ones next season :)

As i said before the split...It's one thing winning when there's no pressure, it's another thing winning when it matters. It mattered before the split, it doesn't really matter now.

If only we had produced these kind of results and performances when the chips were down....who knows where we'd be now. Certainly we'd have at least 1 Hampden appearance in the bag.

Hopefully the manager can turn relatively meaningless victories into meaningful ones next season smile.png

Game set and match !!

Night night everybody lol.gifbye1.gif

Danny may have just set the bar quite high now for progress to be made next season. Imagine we finish this season in 7th place. Then we would have to secure a top 6 spot next season to keep progressing, otherwise the usual suspects will deem Danny to be a failure, to have "found his level" and to have "taken us as far as he can".

Unless of course his points total is higher where their is room for an argument

Also, would like to add that the matches now will decide the difference between finishing 9th and finishing 7th, a difference of 160,000 pounds to next years budget (which works out at roughly 3100 per week) Where we finish this season could make a big difference to the quality of our squad next season, every game is meaningful!

Interesting that some people can claim that £35k is far too much to spend in the transfer market (the most expensive transfer of the entire window no less) but £160k is "meaningless" at the end of the season.

It wasn't too much. It was just that we needed a Center back and/or an out and out striker at the time and we got neither.

As we'll as Dannys done, he needs to learn to buy better in January. This time he didnt have the excuse that he didnt have any money, because he did, just didnt buy in the right position.

Edited by Smtid 1

Interesting that some people can claim that £35k is far too much to spend in the transfer market (the most expensive transfer of the entire window no less) but £160k is "meaningless" at the end of the season.

It's only meaningful if it's spent correctly.

We used to have loads of money which was spent on Reid, Charnley, Elliot, Beattie, Baillie & ......................

What we gonnae dae with the extra dough ?

Cut Admission prices or give a pay rise to a diddy like Teale ?

It wasn't too much. It was just that we needed a Center back and/or an out and out striker at the time and we got neither.

As we'll as Dannys done, he needs to learn to buy better in January. This time he didnt have the excuse that he didnt have any money, because he did, just didnt buy in the right position.

Danny knows more than anyone what position we need to strengthen most. I don't think he needs a lesson in how to "buy better". He attempted to buy players in the positions we needed (Sutton, Beattie and McPake amongst them). These players were out of our price range. It had nothing to do with how good Danny is at buying.

He spotted a gem in Imrie and snatched him up instead. Great bit of business in the January window. And he only cost us £35k. Now we are sitting in a position where we could recoup that money many times over in league placing. It could even be argued that Imrie has paid for himself by indirectly contributing to the league placing.

We used to have loads of money which was spent on Reid, Charnley, Elliot, Beattie, Baillie & ......................

It was. Imrie is a great addition to the squad.

I agree that admission prices should be cut though.

Borrowed from somebody else.

That's why we are, where we are today

It was a magnificent present.

Just as well we didnae play Ayr United.

The Festive Season wid have been shit.

The league is the true marker of progress and progress we have. Cups are the nice holidays we have to get away from it all, but the league is the mortgage.