Progress Officially Made

It's only meaningful if it's spent correctly.

We used to have loads of money which was spent on Reid, Charnley, Elliot, Beattie, Baillie & ......................

What we gonnae dae with the extra dough ?

Cut Admission prices or give a pay rise to a diddy like Teale ?

Since you don't know yet how it wil be spent then it might never be meaningful cash then. What a load of old style dried up white dog keech your argument is.

Unlike most of Danny's signings this season and some of those he scrambled together the season before will have overperformed relative to their salaries. Sampson, McGregor, McAusland, Tesselaar, McGowan, Hasselbaink and Thompson have all been great signings. Only Teale and Mooy have failed to live up to their billing. So the chances he will hit the mark again.

As i said before the split...It's one thing winning when there's no pressure, it's another thing winning when it matters. It mattered before the split, it doesn't really matter now.

If only we had produced these kind of results and performances when the chips were down....who knows where we'd be now. Certainly we'd have at least 1 Hampden appearance in the bag.

Hopefully the manager can turn relatively meaningless victories into meaningful ones next season smile.png

Yes. How dare Danny Lennon have the temerity to guide us into a position that means the last five games of the season are effectively meaningless.

Your logic doesn't stack up - if, as you say, we had failed to perform when it mattered, then we wouldn't be in this position: safe, relaxed, fighting for 7th place.

It really is time to give it a rest.

Unbelievable above lol.gif

Especially about the Cup being a " holiday " lol.gif

Shull, you disappoint me with your refusal to give Danny any credit for what has been a pretty good season. It could have been better and the defeat by Ayr United was hard to take but supporting St.Mirren was never meant to be easy. You're in danger of being permanently berthed in the dark side where you can't ever say anything nice about our current set-up or management team.

You're a naughty 50yr.old taxi driver.

Guest somner9

Better play

Better points total

Better (should be) league position finish

Better get Nigel and Tess to sign

Better get that other striker signed

Better turn half our draws into wins = 16 more points

Better dispatch the smaller teams first time in cup games

All in all a better season, with no cigars to hand out. The style of play and tactics to make it effective have taken time to bed in, we started the season looking rampant-ish, a wee stutter, beat rangers, a big stutter and now we are scoring goals that surely would have converted half those draws to wins!

Looking forward to next season when the playing style and tactics will be settled and we will have acquired that much needed other goal hanging striker. Don't rule beattie out yet, hearts need to move him on now, although Hayes might be a wee bit easier for ther budget to swallow?

Most looking forward to pumping a rangers team that have to exist on a budget like oursclap.gif

Edited by somner9

I'll be there on Saturday to cheer us on in our last home friendly.

I willnae get carried away.

We're playing under no pressure at the moment.

It's nearly taken the whole f*ckin Season to give the Fans summat to cheer about.

Its taken more a lot longer than that

There is no doubt progress has been made and the Club in a whole is in a better place it certainly is great to be a Buddie, I personally though am a bit disappointed in that for me this season was a fantastic opportunity to get into europe as IMO Well,St J and Dundee United are no better than us. If we had only pushed the boat out a wee bit in January and got a goal poacher in we could well be dusting down our passports.

Let's all hope this carries onto nest season.

COYS!

As i said before the split...It's one thing winning when there's no pressure, it's another thing winning when it matters. It mattered before the split, it doesn't really matter now.

If only we had produced these kind of results and performances when the chips were down....who knows where we'd be now. Certainly we'd have at least 1 Hampden appearance in the bag.

Hopefully the manager can turn relatively meaningless victories into meaningful ones next season smile.png

You said recently that Danny Lennon had failed by not making the top 6 with the squad available to him and had failed by only reaching 2 cup quarter finals in one season and on that basis you still supported your claim from the autumn that he deserved to be sacked even if we ended up 7th after winning a string of 'meaningless' end of season friendlies. In the post-split fixtures we have played the 2 main relegation candidates and League Cup winners and we may also see Hugh Murray play his last game for the club. Given how much you bang on about the prestige and financial rewards of getting to a semi final at Hampden (or elsewhere as it often is in our case) I would have thought that the difference in prestige and prizemoney available to clubs finishing 10th or 7th also meant that the post-split games are not meaningless. The money we could earn by finishing 7th or 8th as opposed to the usual-Gus-SPL-places will probably bring in a similar amount of cash as your cherished semi-final appearance. When it comes to summer signings I would also think if we finish 7th or 8th as opposed to 10th or 11th potential signing proespects will think the club have a chance of top 6 or maybe even Europe next year as opposed to viewing us as potential relegation canidates.

Anyway, here's a sample of what you actually said before the split:

post-7222-0-17126300-1336037929_thumb.jp

post-7222-0-01222500-1336037953_thumb.jp

And what about all those 'meaningless' games we won in the first half of the season? Do they not count?

No match is meaningless, even if it's after the split and we're safe. I've said this before: what is the point in being in the SPL as a competition at all if we don't strive for the highest league position possible? We can still achieve the highest league position available to us at this moment in time, so how are those matches meaningless?

Is it a case of top six, Europe, win the league or don't bother? If that's the case, why don't you go and support one of the bigger clubs or the Old Firm and maybe your wishes will come true.

Why do some Saints Fans want fellow Saints Fans to go and support one of the Old Firm vermin when they don't agree with a fellow Saints Fan's posting ?

GUMSHIE TUMSHIES !

Hello from the Normandy. Just a quick post to say ....

Lex, you are a laughing stock.

Shull, you are a laughing stock.

St Mirren football club, you make life worth living.

Bonsoir Le Tumshie, enjoy yir holiday without us, if you can.

• 1 year later...

Plenty of Personal Bests confirmed tonight.

Highest SPL finish.....check

Highest Points total.....check

Most goals scored in an SPL season......check

Least SPL Defeats.....check

Most SPL clean sheets.....check

All achieved this season. Anyone still want to argue that we aren't progressing in the correct manner? Anyone?

Nice wee positive thread :)

COYS

What I find funny is that all of the following stats had also been achieved by the previous manager up until the point he left:

Highest SPL finish.....check

Highest Points total.....check

Most goals scored in an SPL season......check

Least SPL Defeats.....check

Most SPL clean sheets.....check

and yet many of the folk on this thread congratulating Danny Lennon for achieving it also slagged off the previous manager despite achieveing it...

All this thread does is show up the hypocrites... they know who they are!