The Day Fan Ownership Died!

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

I feel as though I have to respond to this.

It was my fear that in a fast moving meeting, limited by the restrictions of Twitter that someone, probably Somner, would pick it apart.

Those interested in standing for election were asked to note their interest to 10000Hours. They would then be asked to submit a one page summary of why they thought they should be considered. ALL of those summaries would then be published by 10000Hours and the members asked to vote for who they wanted to sit on the board. That is exactly how it was described last night, my apologies if my Tweet was misleading.

You can read all about Big Issue Invest on their website http://www.bigissueinvest.com. Not sure what is wrong with it ?

There is no debt to the club. The £500k being borrowed is being borrowed by 10000Hours, not St.Mirren.

What was meant by that is that the general concensus of the fans is that the outgoing board have done a good job, and that the vast majority would be quite happy for them to stay on doing what they are doing. Except they don't want to !

Can't really be bothered with the rest but just wanted to put the record straight on the above.

If as was alluded to last night they don't sell the £25k memberships, is that another £175 - 225K the faithful have to find?

And sorry did I miss the bit where the self elected board explained why they have promised out all the revenue generating opportunities to organisations that won't be returning any prrofit to SMFC?

Guest somner9

At least John has the balls to turn up at the meetings, listen to what's being said, and articulate his concerns.

On the other hand Somner you just come across as someone who doesnt really have anything better to do than troll this online. You aren't really interested in the detail and you seem to be treating it as some sort of game.

Pretty high stakes to be playing games with IMO.

Yeah they are high stakes, you'd think anyone playing knowing the risks involved would at least be able to land one proposal out of three/four??? or possibly not therby increasing said high risks (their continued assertion) for the club we support

And sorry did I miss the bit where the self elected board explained why they have promised out all the revenue generating opportunities to organisations that won't be returning any prrofit to SMFC?

If you had been there you would have known whether that was mentioned or not. The fact that you weren't there but still attempt to assert so large a say, without any real knowledge, discredits anything of substance that you do contribute and devalues your opinion.

Guest somner9

If you had been there you would have known whether that was mentioned or not. The fact that you weren't there but still attempt to assert so large a say, without any real knowledge, discredits anything of substance that you do contribute and devalues your opinion.

So they didn't bring it up, fair enough.

Yeah they are high stakes, you'd think anyone playing knowing the risks involved would at least be able to land one proposal out of three/four??? or possibly not therby increasing said high risks (their continued assertion) for the club we support

You seem to have all the answers to everything, must be brilliant knowing everything about everything !

That's a bit of a stretch. By that logic 10000 Hours shouldn't accept direct debits from people that didn't attend the meeting. Perhaps we should have a wee exam for members to pass before they are allowed to sign up....part A - understanding of the CIC / SMFC part B - general knowledge of St Mirren and Renfrewshire. tongue.png

Guest somner9

You seem to have all the answers to everything, must be brilliant knowing everything about everything !

Classy! so thats debate knocked on the head is it?

you're not debating tho... you're just making stuff up in the hope that something sticks to rubbish the CIC model.

both sides are guilty of making stuff up. Its been like that since the announcement. As the debate has roared on over the last couple of years there's been some amount of made up shite posted as people have tried to make sense of it, and defend their respective corner.

There's more of it going on today.

Guest somner9

you're not debating tho... you're just making stuff up in the hope that something sticks to rubbish the CIC model.

Ignore button pushed, there you can go attack another saints fan now

In 10000 hours model their is no level of involvement other than paying for the self elected board to lord it, however if your face fits you might get a seat on the junior board, which is a bit like a school pupils board (No scissors, or matches)

Lets see who the fit and proper bidders the selling BoD have selected are!

The fair and proper bidders have had the same period as the CIC to tell us about themselves, i.e., since the club was put up for sale. And to date they have told us nothing. They'd better get moving if you want to see who they are. Else there's nothing judge against for any of us.

This thread is a perfect example of of why i never post on this forum but on this topic i feel i have to say somehitng. St Mirren fans have a simple choice. The club will either be sold to the CIC who's main interest is to make St Mirren the best it can be. Or it will be sold to a gtoup of investors whos main interest will be to turn a profit. Which is best for our club?

For those hung up on people being "true" St Mirren Fans need to get a grip. Do you think an overseas investment group will be full of real saitns fans? You need to get a grip. People like you do more harm than good.

St Mirren fans have a simple choice. The club will either be sold to the CIC who's main interest is to make St Mirren the best it can be. Or it will be sold to a gtoup of investors whos main interest will be to turn a profit. Which is best for our club?

For those hung up on people being "true" St Mirren Fans need to get a grip. Do you think an overseas investment group will be full of real saitns fans? You need to get a grip. People like you do more harm than good.

REA freely admits that when he started in this Journey he was not a St Mirren fan... but due to his extensive involvment he now wears the scarf as one of us. Who's to say that an oversea's investment group might not fall into the same trap...

If you back the CiC it should be because you belive in the principles of community and fan ownership

This thread is a perfect example of of why i never post on this forum but on this topic i feel i have to say somehitng. St Mirren fans have a simple choice. The club will either be sold to the CIC who's main interest is to make St Mirren the best it can be. Or it will be sold to a gtoup of investors whos main interest will be to turn a profit. Which is best for our club?

Pidge, I'm still catching up and I may have missed something but as far as I'm aware it hasn't been announced who these overseas people are so it's kind of impossible really to come out and say that they will be bad for the club.

For example the last I heard was that ex-St Mirren legend and manager for a day Iain Munro was running a fairly successful football coaching business in the USA. Now what if he was looking to buy the controlling stake in St Mirren FC and his plan was to use it as a means of getting his players from the US across into the UK and European playing market. Would that be seen as a dangerous bid for the club?

Where the situation actually lies right now is that St Mirren fans have a choice. They can take a leap of faith with the blindfold off, or they can take a leap of faith with the blindfold on. 10000hours has done it's presentation, had meetings with the support and being open enough to take questions on an open forum. It's really just up to the fans now. Do they like what they see, or would they rather put the blindfold back on? There's no wrong answer....just personal choice.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Just all seems to be turning in to a game of who has the best reason to big up or belittle the CIC.

I back the CIC for reasons that are my own. I did the research, I went to the talks and I don't really give a f**k what others are going on about.

I'll be glad to see the back of all this once and for all in the next couple of weeks.

I'll be glad to see the back of all this once and for all in the next couple of weeks.

That's were I am now. Que sera, sera...whatever will be will be...we're St Mirren from Paisiley...Que sers, sera.

Whatever happens, the season ticket has been bought and we'll be hoping Danny can build on last season...or at least equal the efforts of last season. If it's another relegation battle we'll support the club through that. If the CIC dies, we'll deal with that....if the CIC survives and trun out to be a disaster, we'll deal with that.....if the CIC turns out to be all it could be...we'll ALL be delighted with that.

Cannae wait to see the back of all this as well.

Nail in the coffin day?

No doubt you'll be grinning from ear to ear tomorrow if not enough fans sign up. If the CIC falls through and Saints end up being owned by someone unconnected with Scotland or with Scottish football, about whom we. at present know SFA and whose reasons for buying St Mirren are completely unknown, you will be remembered as the person swinging the hammer.

Guest somner9

No doubt you'll be grinning from ear to ear tomorrow if not enough fans sign up. If the CIC falls through and Saints end up being owned by someone unconnected with Scotland or with Scottish football, about whom we. at present know SFA and whose reasons for buying St Mirren are completely unknown, you will be remembered as the person swinging the hammer.

Actually you might want to re-direct your hate filled accusations to a Mr S Gilmour and his selling consortium! Because that is who intends to sell 52% of shares in SMFC to either 10000 hours or the other two bidders who they assure us are "Real Football People"

Whether 10000 hours gets the funding it needs or not is actually nothing to do with me. It's to do with them! So perhaps you should direct some of your hate filled post towards them if you don't end up getting what you want?

What I want is the continued existence of a succesfull, debt free football club. Not one that sits under a mountain of debt from day one!

As yet no one has put a proposal out to offer that to the fans.

What I want is the continued existence of a succesfull, debt free football club. Not one that sits under a mountain of debt from day one!

As yet no one has put a proposal out to offer that to the fans.

Q; How much debt will St.Mirren FC Ltd incur through the 10000Hours takeover ?

A; None.

That is one small mountain.

Q; How much debt will St.Mirren FC Ltd incur through the 10000Hours takeover ?

A; None.

That is one small mountain.

Div, there is £1.5Million worth of debt. Stop trying to pretend that does not have any impact on the club. It just does. The idea that SMFC is going to benefit from this when there's a gaping hole in the funding required to service the debt is fairy story stuff. If it is not then why not show us the financial information to support the claims. Instead we have an "am right, you're no" situation based on "nailing your colours to the mast"....this isn't picking a football team to support. This is fans signing up to £1.5Million worth of debt...with others being asked to actually pay £3K by the end of the month. Surely that level of commitment merits some communication of the reality of the situation rather than Murdochesque spin soundbites.

Fed up saying it, I am not against the CIC...it might well be the best thing ever to happen at the club - if it is why keep it a secret and focus on what the other bids might be? It all smacks of half-baked gamble now.

Div, there is £1.5Million worth of debt. Stop trying to pretend that does not have any impact on the club. It just does.

You may say "it just does" but the factual reality is that it actually doesn't.

The 10000Hours Community Interest Company carries all the debt, the football club carries none of it.

You can argue against that until you are blue in the face. It won't change that fact.