Another Way?

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

In another thread on this subject it's been suggested that the selling consortium have issued an end date (24 days and counting) to 10000 hours in respect of getting their proposal to take control of 52% of SMFC across the start line.

Does this mean an alternative to the much amended/repaired 10000 hours jalopy is sitting in the pit lane wating to enter the race???

Anyone else interested to know what Plan B is? And who the mystery Formula One team/teams are?

Guest somner9

You know how to contact the current chairman and ask him yourself, if you're as interested as you appear to be.

thanks for the addclap.gif

Perhaps as one of the/the largest shareholder of the 48% others has decided to exchange his shares for equity in a new ownership model, then maybe the selling consortium of 52% are considering how they move the process on, and will take control of proceedings again, perhaps with a fan/ownership equity deal???

If they've given a do or die date, then it suggests they are taking it back under their wings?

Edited by somner9

In another thread on this subject it's been suggested that the selling consortium have issued an end date (24 days and counting) to 10000 hours in respect of getting their proposal to take control of 52% of SMFC across the start line.

Does this mean an alternative to the much amended/repaired 10000 hours jalopy is sitting in the pit lane wating to enter the race???

Anyone else interested to know what Plan B is? And who the mystery Formula One team/teams are?

Sorry to burst your bubble on this one, but that's not what it means. If you were at the last public meeting you would know the reason for this. jerry.gif

Guest somner9

Sorry to burst your bubble on this one, but that's not what it means. If you were at the last public meeting you would know the reason for this. jerry.gif

yip the selling consortium will take control for the new season, and 10000 hours will be no more.

yip the selling consortium will take control for the new season, and 10000 hours will be no more.

It depends on how many 1877 members might be waiting in the wings. The previous number of 10,000-a-year members was around the dozen mark. That would throw an additional £300,000.00 into the initial pot and may get 10,000 Hours close enough to the tipping point for the consortium.

For me the final appeal needs to made to the wider support. We appear to be the only group not involved in negotiating our position within the CIC / Co-op / SMFC.

Guest somner9

It depends on how many 1877 members might be waiting in the wings. The previous number of 10,000-a-year members was around the dozen mark. That would throw an additional £300,000.00 into the initial pot and may get 10,000 Hours close enough to the tipping point for the consortium.

For me the final appeal needs to made to the wider support. We appear to be the only group not involved in negotiating our position within the CIC / Co-op / SMFC.

Agree with the last bit. But if you remember the selling consortium were quoted as taking a fair few of the 10000 memberships up. Now whose to say.....?

Agree with the last bit. But if you remember the selling consortium were quoted as taking a fair few of the 10000 memberships up. Now whose to say.....?

One thing you also need to consider though is that some of the members actually had multiple pledges. I think there was going to be a process to change the multiple pledges into single members as it switched to OMOV. At the last meeting REA mentioned a member who has committed £500 per month. That in itself will be a game changer in terms of the actually monthly income. It will be the monthly income that matters now, rather than the number of individual members.

I think the CIC will still go ahead. I just don't think it will deliver the fan / community ownership that some of us had hoped for.....especially StuDick -but that's a bonus. whistling.gif

Guest somner9

One thing you also need to consider though is that some of the members actually had multiple pledges. I think there was going to be a process to change the multiple pledges into single members as it switched to OMOV. At the last meeting REA mentioned a member who has committed £500 per month. That in itself will be a game changer in terms of the actually monthly income. It will be the monthly income that matters now, rather than the number of individual members.

I think the CIC will still go ahead. I just don't think it will deliver the fan / community ownership that some of us had hoped for.....especially StuDick -but that's a bonus. whistling.gif

I think given the revelation of how poor the take up in £10 and £3000 memberships is they will struggle to convince anyone who hasn't already considered it to come forward for yet another dilution of the initial aim. and as you pointed out they just couldn't be arsed to engage with the fans. they wenet to every other Tom, Dick and Kibble first, before the people that put money into smfc every week, possibbly for many, many years.

That it is now obvious has come back to haunt them. However I think the selling consortium will have a different version up their sleeves that might right some of these wrongs. After all they've gone to great lengths to protect the club thus far.

I think given the revelation of how poor the take up in £10 and £3000 memberships is they will struggle to convince anyone who hasn't already considered it to come forward for yet another dilution of the initial aim. and as you pointed out they just couldn't be arsed to engage with the fans. they wenet to every other Tom, Dick and Kibble first, before the people that put money into smfc every week, possibbly for many, many years.

That it is now obvious has come back to haunt them. However I think the selling consortium will have a different version up their sleeves that might right some of these wrongs. After all they've gone to great lengths to protect the club thus far.

You are going to be seething when 10000Hours gets control of the club aren't you !

Guest somner9

You are going to be seething when 10000Hours gets control of the club aren't you !

First point I think sid covered above, this helps how?

Second point "IF" 10000 hours ever get control it will be a miracle, because in how many years??? they've persuaded 600 fans... Hardly a ringing endorsement

I can't hear the fat lady "Seething" anytime soonthumbup2.gif

I suspect somner9 like everyone else will continue supporting the club in exactly the same we as they did in the past irrespective of which way this goes. I might be wrong; however I am pretty sure that he is a supporter that goes to all home and away games. Unlike bluto I respect my fellow supporters no matter how much fun the debate is. Nor would I ever conspire against fellow St Mirren supporters have done. Not would I try and play St Mirren supporters for personal gain.

somner9 is clearly a nutter; however he has gone about his business with honesty and integrity and should be respected for that. Whilst others on both sides of the CIC divide have chosen darker paths.

It is time to stop trying to play the rank and file fans and be absolutely specific about what we are signing up to so the we are going into it eyes wide open. It could be we may even convert a few entrenched doubters like somner9.

Let's be transparent, let's be honest and get fan ownership off on the right foot and stop with all the salesy bollox to try and get over the finish line. If we do it the right way great. If we fail trying to do it the right way so be it. Do it the wrong way and it won't have been worth the effort and come have long term damaging effects on the club we care about.

Could be that they went to these people first to find out who was willing to do their part for the community and the club, this allowed them to publish accurate numbers required to do the deal?

I haven't attended any meetings and haven't met with anyone involved with the CIC so it's just a guess but a reasonable one I'd say.

I haven't pledge or filled out any forms of interest but will be pledging before the deadline.