10000Hours Public Meeting Thurs June 7Th @ 1900

div

Details here and an update from 10000Hours;

http://www.10000hours.org/news/142-10000hours-update

Time to rally the fans and get as many along to this as possible, both pro and against should get to this meeting if at all possible.

I will try and cover it online for those that cannot attend.

And yes, it is ANOTHER meeting, but this time we have something tangible on the table. Hopefully there will be a decent turnout.

Details here and an update from 10000Hours;

http://www.10000hour...000hours-update

Time to rally the fans and get as many along to this as possible, both pro and against should get to this meeting if at all possible.

I will try and cover it online for those that cannot attend.

And yes, it is ANOTHER meeting, but this time we have something tangible on the table. Hopefully there will be a decent turnout.

No we don't....have you not read any of the posts regarding the lack of information and clarity. Are we going to get detailed information prior to the meeting?

No we don't....have you not read any of the posts regarding the lack of information and clarity. Are we going to get detailed information prior to the meeting?

Still too many ifs , buts and maybes IMO. Poor show from start to finish.

People saying they don't have enough information.

People are invited to a meeting to get more information.

People dont want to go to meeting because they don't have enough information.

We are pissing in the wind a bit here I think !

Read the most recent update from 10000Hours, if you have concerns and want them addressed ahead of the meeting then email 10000Hours at [email protected] and ask for answers. Richard will answer and I will put the answers on the FAQ page on the 10000Hoyes website for everyone to read.

You will get answers if you ask questions to the right people instead of venting your spleen on here !

Appears to be a fair point you have made Sidney. Getting out of the house and up those stairs to the hospitality area at our hallowed ground is indeed quite difficult for a young man unlike myself. I have already been to two seperate meetings, both very interesting and informative but both covering the same ground.

The first one where that fellow behaved very poorly, backed up by the Michelle person from the wireless was exactly the same (although more entertaining) as the later meeting I attended.

At the time I agreed with the concept and I pledged. My pledge still stands.

Why should I go to the trouble of getting off my couch, putting on my brown trousers, donning a vest, shirt, woolly jumper and jacket, putting on my black brogue style shoes, realising i forgot my socks so removing my black brogue style shoes, putting on my socks then once again putting on my black brogue style shoes, shuffling down the hall, picking up my walking stick and car keys, making my way toward my horseless carriage and driving to my favourite stadium only to shuffle to the front door, struggle up the stairs, sit at the end of the row (only for none of my fellow supporters to talk to me), listen once again to Mr Atkinson, struggle to hear said Mr Atkinson, realise I have already heard what I have struggled to hear only to have to shuffle back down the stairs, back to my horseless carriage and to complete the entire return journey (having spoken to no-one despite smiling kindly at my fellow supporters and being routinely ignored).

Can anyone tell my exactly why I should bother?

Repeatedly attending meetings is difficult for me and I am become increasingly aggitated by this. I would appreciate being told any "revelations".

Thank you.

Edited to add: I realise that I forgot my cap, I go no-where without my cap.....tell me why I should wear that cap to the ground if not for a game....why? oh why?

Edited by TediousTom

You will get answers if you ask questions to the right people instead of venting your spleen on here !

You described it as "ANOTHER" meeting, many questions are still unanswered, I'll be at the meeting but I have no doubt that even more questions will surface after it's finished.

So far, the whole thing looks flawed to me, and I've pulled out for now but if RA has all the solutions next Thursday, then I'll be back in.

Simply put, this is the best chance supporters of St Mirren will get have to be involved in the running of the club. It may not he perfect but it is a chance. Probably the only chance as Massone is waiting around the corner, ready to buy out the consortium and sell us down the shitter.

There may be questions, things may have been done poorly, communication may have been shite, people may doubt REA's motives, there are worries and uncertainties. However there will more than likely never be another chance to be in this position.

It is the chance, the time for us to make our mark in the history of the club an the town. We can get bogged down in questions about constitutions and annoyances about being left out or about the use of the members' bar or we can choose to be involved an shape it from the inside.

St Mirren is our club and Paisley is our town - I'm not going to miss this opportunity because of petty squabbling. We take the chance now or miss out - maybe forever.

I'm in!

As it's likely that the guys who are spending their entire waking day on here thinking up the various reasons why they hate the idea of this bid probably won't turn up to the meeting, and won't ask on the 10,000hrs site. Would it be worth someones time to get a rough idea of the major concerns they are voicing and get someone to ask the questions for them? Maybe that way there will be some answers to the major concerns they are voicing (some of them perfectly valid, a lot of them f**king bollocks) as I reckon its important not to simply have a love in at this meeting.

Why the need for a meeting? I've lost interest in the whole CIC thing to be honest and ktf resurrecting the straw man (this time Massone) does 10000 Hours no favours as you won't scare people into backing it.

The Massone link was only brought up by the halfwit in the PDE to drum up a bit more support for the CiC, Massone has shown no interest whatsoever and there is no chance that Gilmour and co. would sell to anyone reeking of piss.

Will you be at the meeting to provide details on the alternative bid by Massone? I'm sure that SG has said he will not sell to that group. What has changed?

Balfy, why should I do that? It's not my place. The consortium will sell to whom they want to sell.

What has changed...? Maybe the fact that their preferred bidder has been forced into numerous changes to their buyout model, firstly by the SNP councillors in Renfrewshire Council, who hate the town and the football club and have done nothing but run both into the ground over the last few years; secondly by not enough fans getting involved despite newspaper, radio, tv, Internet, email, leafleting at matches and thirdly (now) by people still not getting that this is the one and only chance for us to see this come to pass abd getting bogged down in stuff that can really only be answered once the deal is done.

Stuart Dickson was right - St Mirren fans are too thick to understand that this is about the fans shaping the future of the club, not REA, GLS or anyone else. The fact that those 2 have had the limelight they have is because the fans have been lethargic and unwilling to be involved in the process (with the exception of a few), instead the fans have chosen to pick holes in something that they should have been offering to take an active role in forming.

Clearly this is still over people's heads, despite it being made as simple as is can, and the whole thing may fail due to typical Scottish laziness, ignorance and wee man mentality. We may be liquidated before R*ngers, for all I know...!

Step away from the keyboard Div, you're going all somner9. So the best way to manage communication is for one person to approach "the right people" on a one to one basis under a cloak of secrecy where no information provided is transferable to other interested parties.

IS THAT TRANSPARENCY!!!!! 1eye.gif

Why can't someone write a cheeky wee document that will cover all the blah, blah we will get at the meeting. They provide it in advance so that we can have a constructive meeting. What is the problem with putting this down in Black and White so we can actually have some time to digest the information, and then ask questions on it at the meeting. Instead we'll get another objection handling session - SMiSA did that at the last public meeting and it has been proven without a shadow of a doubt that it didn't work for either party. In fact it had the opposite effect.

If 10000 Hours think they know better how to deliver information to the people requesting it then that level of arrogance will be their downfall. This is basic stuff Div. 10000 Hours are trying to sell this idea to the fans. The fans tell 10000 Hours what they would like in order to be able to buy into their idea. 10000 Hours comes back and tells the prospective customer that they are wrong and they will dictate how the communication is provided.

I will be at the meeting, and I will be supportive just as I have been in the past including at the last meeting were SMiSA had a right good go. What I am trying to do is stop the same mistakes being made in terms of communication that have gone on in the past.

Your OP has "time to rally the fans". It is not time to rally the fans. It is time to equip the fans with the information they require to make the right decision. That has failed to happen. There has been plenty of rallying; however that has pretty much been based on positive blah, blah, and maintaining momentum rather than informed decision making.

So for the avoidance of doubt here's the question. Why can't the information being presented at the meeting be provided in advance? By doing that you could then ask for the questions in advance and that would reduce the possibility of questions not being able to be answered on the night - as happened at the last meeting in relation to the changes to the SPL rules for clubs in administration.....that led to a thread that never really brought any final clarity to the original question.

As it's likely that the guys who are spending their entire waking day on here thinking up the various reasons why they hate the idea of this bid probably won't turn up to the meeting, and won't ask on the 10,000hrs site. Would it be worth someones time to get a rough idea of the major concerns they are voicing and get someone to ask the questions for them? Maybe that way there will be some answers to the major concerns they are voicing (some of them perfectly valid, a lot of them f**king bollocks) as I reckon its important not to simply have a love in at this meeting.

Reynard, there's some good threads on the SMiSA Board you may not have seen yet.

Step away from the keyboard Div, you're going all somner9. So the best way to manage communication is for one person to approach "the right people" on a one to one basis under a cloak of secrecy where no information provided is transferable to other interested parties.

IS THAT TRANSPARENCY!!!!! 1eye.gif

Why can't someone write a cheeky wee document that will cover all the blah, blah we will get at the meeting. They provide it in advance so that we can have a constructive meeting. What is the problem with putting this down in Black and White so we can actually have some time to digest the information, and then ask questions on it at the meeting. Instead we'll get another objection handling session - SMiSA did that at the last public meeting and it has been proven without a shadow of a doubt that it didn't work for either party. In fact it had the opposite effect.

If 10000 Hours think they know better how to deliver information to the people requesting it then that level of arrogance will be their downfall. This is basic stuff Div. 10000 Hours are trying to sell this idea to the fans. The fans tell 10000 Hours what they would like in order to be able to buy into their idea. 10000 Hours comes back and tells the prospective customer that they are wrong and they will dictate how the communication is provided.

I will be at the meeting, and I will be supportive just as I have been in the past including at the last meeting were SMiSA had a right good go. What I am trying to do is stop the same mistakes being made in terms of communication that have gone on in the past.

Your OP has "time to rally the fans". It is not time to rally the fans. It is time to equip the fans with the information they require to make the right decision. That has failed to happen. There has been plenty of rallying; however that has pretty much been based on positive blah, blah, and maintaining momentum rather than informed decision making.

So for the avoidance of doubt here's the question. Why can't the information being presented at the meeting be provided in advance? By doing that you could then ask for the questions in advance and that would reduce the possibility of questions not being able to be answered on the night - as happened at the last meeting in relation to the changes to the SPL rules for clubs in administration.....that led to a thread that never really brought any final clarity to the original question.

Asking for "the information" to be provided is a complete cop out. Be specific, what EXACTLY is it you want to know ?

Ask specific questions, clear questions, send them to the team, they will publish those questions with the a swers on the FAQ on the website.

Transparent. Simple. Do it.

Asking for "the information" to be provided is a complete cop out. Be specific, what EXACTLY is it you want to know ?

Ask specific questions, clear questions, send them to the team, they will publish those questions with the a swers on the FAQ on the website.

Transparent. Simple. Do it.

Your own opening post - "this time we have something tangible on the table"?

How are we supposed to ask questions of what has previously by your own admission been intangible? If there is now tangible information for us to base our questions on, why not provide it in advance of the meeting? At the moment we haven't been provided with even the basics of how this is going to work.

How are we supposed to ask questions of what has previously by your own admission been intangible? If there is now tangible information for us to base our questions on, why not provide it in advance of the meeting? At the moment we haven't been provided with even the basics of how this is going to work.

Ask the questions. Get the answers.

2 men and a dug will turn up. Richard please go and gees peace. We need a fan buy out but 10000hrs has become a joke ....mainly due to your own lack of info , 2 apologies is 2 too many for me. Not interested now...Just like you were not able to listen to anyone for months ....I have no intention of ever supporting you and i think apart from Div...and a few... It's over...go away and buy Ayr.

Ask away - what do you not know?

I'm sure GLS, REA or others will answer. Irony of ironies is Sid claiming Div has gone all "somner9" when I have to now recheck the top of a post to work out who made it, Sid or Som...!

2 men and a dug will turn up. Richard please go and gees peace. We need a fan buy out but 10000hrs has become a joke ....mainly due to your own lack of info , 2 apologies is 2 too many for me. Not interested now...Just like you were not able to listen to anyone for months ....I have no intention of ever supporting you and i think apart from Div...and a few... It's over...go away and buy Ayr.

FFS, you've done more u-turns than a bombay taxi driver. Any credibility you had went when the libcon's binned their pasty tax!

Ask away - what do you not know?

I'm sure GLS, REA or others will answer. Irony of ironies is Sid claiming Div has gone all "somner9" when I have to now recheck the top of a post to work out who made it, Sid or Som...!

Somner9 was Sid Jnr....he created an account on the fly. I caught him earlier and he has been grounded for the rest of the week. tongue.png

It's quite a simple question ktf....why can't we be provided with information on the new "tangible" proposal prior to the meeting?