10000Hours Online Direct Debits Live

div

Go on Sid, you know you want too, it keeps the peace.

Not for me Gary. I liked the initial CIC and would have signed up to it in a heartbeat. This version is of little interest to me. I have managed to support St Mirren without being a shareholder, and will be happy enough continuing to support the club without a CIC membership. If it starts to deliver then I would join. If it runs into trouble then I would weigh in to save the club. If I see the community side take off, then I will change my view. The charge on disabled fans carers tainted my view of 10000 Hours. If we see that decision reversed then I might be tempted.

Not for me Gary. I liked the initial CIC and would have signed up to it in a heartbeat. This version is of little interest to me. I have managed to support St Mirren without being a shareholder, and will be happy enough continuing to support the club without a CIC membership. If it starts to deliver then I would join. If it runs into trouble then I would weigh in to save the club. If I see the community side take off, then I will change my view. The charge on disabled fans carers tainted my view of 10000 Hours. If we see that decision reversed then I might be tempted.

John, that's fair point and people should respect your decision. What was the issue with the disabled carers

John, that's fair point and people should respect your decision. What was the issue with the disabled carers

The pricing came out for this years season tickets. I believe that the disabled fans season tickets have now doubled as the club has introduced a cost for the carers. This gives me the boak as we are currently handing out lots of free tickets to all manner of community groups. Our own disabled fans are being charged double whilst non-St Mirren supporters are getting handed free tickets. We should be looking after our own St Mirren supporting community first and foremost. However, it seems yet again that the fans are the easy target to get squeezed when it comes to paying for club services.

Not wanting to damage his election campaign, but ktf backed the price increase. whistling.gif

The pricing came out for this years season tickets. I believe that the disabled fans season tickets have now doubled as the club has introduced a cost for the carers. This gives me the boak as we are currently handing out lots of free tickets to all manner of community groups. Our own disabled fans are being charged double whilst non-St Mirren supporters are getting handed free tickets. We should be looking after our own St Mirren supporting community first and foremost. However, it seems yet again that the fans are the easy target to get squeezed when it comes to paying for club services.

Not wanting to damage his election campaign, but ktf backed the price increase. whistling.gif

One of the areas I would like to see stopped is handing out free tickets to football pundits and ex players regardless of what team they played for, anyone spectator that goes to watch the football should pay for their ticket.

You are being rather mischievious this evening John (I picked that up by someone referring to you by your first name, I have no idea as to whether it is accurate or not).

If a fan had a grievance with the pricing policy of a particular ticket type then I would imagine that some sort of voting structure would be an ideal way for such a fan to attempt to address such a grievance.

Such a format would be far better than than, say, being able to do nothing more than post negative comments on a forum!

If only such an opportunity would reveal itself.

One of the areas I would like to see stopped is handing out free tickets to football pundits and ex players regardless of what team they played for, anyone spectator that goes to watch the football should pay for their ticket.

Sod that. I've got in to matches on loads of complimentary tickets over the years.

In all seriousness though free tickets are an important part of the marketing of the game. I don't think any child should be made to pay admission, particularly since in our day we all got in for free by being lifted over the turnstyles. That free admission back then made sound business sense clearly because its lead to clubs getting those fans at a later age to pay full price for admission and season tickets for the next 25, 35, 45, 55 years.

Pundits and ex-players - meh. There's got to be contractual obligations that give pundits their free tickets, and certainly there will be reciprocal arrangements with other clubs so - for example - Danny Lennon doesn't have to pay admission to Tynecastle when on a spying mission.

Obviously I've also got no problem at all with community groups getting free or at least heavily discounted tickets. My football club has enjoyed trips to the EPL where all adults and kids in the group got in for a fiver. We got seats that would most likely have been empty anyway at all three matches, and the kids spent a fortune in each of the respective club shops as well as in their food concession outlets in and around the grounds, and the adults spent a fair bit in the bar in the concourse at those games too.

It's utterly ridiculous to charge a carer for admission. That shouldn't be happening.

You are being rather mischievious this evening John (I picked that up by someone referring to you by your first name, I have no idea as to whether it is accurate or not).

If a fan had a grievance with the pricing policy of a particular ticket type then I would imagine that some sort of voting structure would be an ideal way for such a fan to attempt to address such a grievance.

Such a format would be far better than than, say, being able to do nothing more than post negative comments on a forum!

If only such an opportunity would reveal itself.

I sort of see what you are getting at Tom; however that would involve signing up to £1.5Million of debt just to get fair treatment for our disabled fans. The people involved at the core of 10000 Hours are on the BoD that thought this pricing policy was a good idea and voted to approve it. I would be disappointed if fans had to force a vote to reverse the decision. If they have genuine St Mirren community values they would not have approved the despicable price increase in the first place.

The CIC might well be a route to getting that pricing policy reversed. However, for me it has damaged the St Mirren community credentials of the people driving 10000 Hours. A very poor decision to make on a number of levels. Its a personal view TT - you might not agree with it. That doesn't matter as it is my decision whether I join or not. I have outlined one thing that might influence my decision - who knows it might also influence other fans. Hopefully your approach to the CIC is not indicative of how it will work in the future. whistling.gif

90% of member subscriptions now in place. Just need one final push tomorrow to get us to the target.

Really great day today, record number of mandates filed. Momentum definitely now with the bid.

Sod that. I've got in to matches on loads of complimentary tickets over the years.

In all seriousness though free tickets are an important part of the marketing of the game. I don't think any child should be made to pay admission, particularly since in our day we all got in for free by being lifted over the turnstyles. That free admission back then made sound business sense clearly because its lead to clubs getting those fans at a later age to pay full price for admission and season tickets for the next 25, 35, 45, 55 years.

Pundits and ex-players - meh. There's got to be contractual obligations that give pundits their free tickets, and certainly there will be reciprocal arrangements with other clubs so - for example - Danny Lennon doesn't have to pay admission to Tynecastle when on a spying mission.

Obviously I've also got no problem at all with community groups getting free or at least heavily discounted tickets. My football club has enjoyed trips to the EPL where all adults and kids in the group got in for a fiver. We got seats that would most likely have been empty anyway at all three matches, and the kids spent a fortune in each of the respective club shops as well as in their food concession outlets in and around the grounds, and the adults spent a fair bit in the bar in the concourse at those games too.

It's utterly ridiculous to charge a carer for admission. That shouldn't be happening.

Having a laugh about the kids spending a fortune in the respective clubs shop and food outlets, at present that would be difficult at our ground as this is non existant.

90% of member subscriptions now in place. Just need one final push tomorrow to get us to the target.

Really great day today, record number of mandates filed. Momentum definitely now with the bid.

This is like transfer deadline day, only need Norrie fae' the official site to come on at ten minutes to midnight tomorrow to tell us there will be no further signings and Danny Lennon & Brian Caldwell REA & GLS say we can all go to bed now.

The PDE article about fans getting a vote on the SPL was bang on the money. It states categorically a specific commitment from the interim BoD. That's what I want to see - none of this wishy-washy...it'll be whatever you want it to be nonsense. Clear leadership is what is required. REA, GLS and the rest of the team really need to step up their confidence and grab the task at hand. They should not be afraid of standing up for their right to lead the club. Bold leadership, clear statements of intent for their future plans for the club. Fans want confidence in the future of the club. More stuff like that please.

This is like transfer deadline day, only need Norrie fae' the official site to come on at ten minutes to midnight tomorrow to tell us there will be no further signings and Danny Lennon & Brian Caldwell REA & GLS say we can all go to bed now.

Do I need to stay up till midnight tomorrow ? thumbdown.gif

Do I need to stay up till midnight tomorrow ? thumbdown.gif

The rank and file members is looking good....will the figures for the other two categories be released tomorrow. Don't want to decant a good claret only to find that the other groups have let the side down.

I'm sure there would be thousands of rangers fans who now jump at the opportunity of trying to have a fan ownership of their team, this is in our own hands to try and do something special for just a minimum of £10 per month and be the envy of many fellow teams and supporters across Scotland. We are doing this for our club and to see a successful winning team on the pitch, after all that is what every stmirren supporter wants to see.

I tried (For the third time) last night...........................I've tried again in the past five minutes to complete the online DD mandate via Gocardless. All I'm getting is "Bad Request" Does anyone else have the same problem?

Not had that, I've heard of others with similar problems though and it is apparently a browser issue.

Have you tried different browsers (IE explorer seems to work fine)? Remember you can also fill in the paper form and hand it in; 10khours will then input your details for you. Or even try a different computer?

I tried (For the third time) last night...........................I've tried again in the past five minutes to complete the online DD mandate via Gocardless. All I'm getting is "Bad Request" Does anyone else have the same problem?

Try this link direct for ten pounds per month;

http://www.10000hours.org/dd10.php