Fan Ownership... A Glorious Opportunity Missed?

Guest somner9

It would be priceless; however that is not being offered.

Come on John, you know that is what is being offered! You also know that once it is underway it can be altered and shaped if it isn't what was expected.

The info re the payment is all there, the structure too - more of less. If I get you correctly it's about personnel that you have an issue... Is that right? What I don't get is that you moan about BII insisting that REA/GLS are on the BoD (whichever) for a period but at the same time put up other posts saying you'd be happy for REA et al to sta at the helm.

Can you do me a favour and clarify your position, as I'm confused.

Come on John, you know that is what is being offered! You also know that once it is underway it can be altered and shaped if it isn't what was expected.

The info re the payment is all there, the structure too - more of less. If I get you correctly it's about personnel that you have an issue... Is that right? What I don't get is that you moan about BII insisting that REA/GLS are on the BoD (whichever) for a period but at the same time put up other posts saying you'd be happy for REA et al to sta at the helm.

Can you do me a favour and clarify your position, as I'm confused.

I can clarify that you ARE confused. Even in your own very odd statement above you blub - "it can be altered and shaped if it isn't what was expected." My issue is that fans have absolutely no idea whatsoever what to expect. I could go on and rip your decision to support the CIC to shreads; however I won't. I have already said that I would respect other fans decisions no matter what they decide to do. It would seem you won't.

I can clarify that you ARE confused. Even in your own very odd statement above you blub - "it can be altered and shaped if it isn't what was expected." My issue is that fans have absolutely no idea whatsoever what to expect. I could go on and rip your decision to support the CIC to shreads; however I won't. I have already said that I would respect other fans decisions no matter what they decide to do. It would seem you won't.

I have every respect for your decision, I am simply pointing out that I believe you are wrong with your assertion that we aren't getting fan ownership and governance and that (even) if we don't get that fully, there is nothing we can do about it. We will, and even if we don't 100%, it can be altered.

I know what to expect - an interim period where the CiC and the club are steered by experienced and safe hands until respective AGMs where votes can be made on the board members going forward. One or two of the 'safe hands' may need to stay on due to funder requirements but that isn't forever and even if it was, you've said yourself that you would rather have REA involved than not.

Hey ho, we don't agree and that's fine. Just don't make assertions as fact that are simply opinion :)

I have every respect for your decision, I am simply pointing out that I believe you are wrong with your assertion that we aren't getting fan ownership and governance and that (even) if we don't get that fully, there is nothing we can do about it. We will, and even if we don't 100%, it can be altered.

I know what to expect - an interim period where the CiC and the club are steered by experienced and safe hands until respective AGMs where votes can be made on the board members going forward. One or two of the 'safe hands' may need to stay on due to funder requirements but that isn't forever and even if it was, you've said yourself that you would rather have REA involved than not.

Hey ho, we don't agree and that's fine. Just don't make assertions as fact that are simply opinion smile.png

I think you will find that you just agreed with me. Meanwhile you are posting that fans will be making the decision on the SPL vote, which clearly isn't the case based on your own "understanding" of how the CIC "might" work in terms of fan empowerment. Why not just stick to what little facts we actually know about rather than trying to build a fairy story round about them.

One of the biggest risks to the CIC and the club will be unrealistic expectations of what it will actually deliver. That's why we need to switch from rallying fans to setting the scene for the reality of what is coming post 4th July.

I think you will find that you just agreed with me. Meanwhile you are posting that fans will be making the decision on the SPL vote, which clearly isn't the case based on your own "understanding" of how the CIC "might" work in terms of fan empowerment. Why not just stick to what little facts we actually know about rather than trying to build a fairy story round about them.

One of the biggest risks to the CIC and the club will be unrealistic expectations of what it will actually deliver. That's why we need to switch from rallying fans to setting the scene for the reality of what is coming post 4th July.

But the fans could be involved in the SPL vote, the constitution allows the membership to decide what issues to vote on. That is a documented fact.

But the fans could be involved in the SPL vote, the constitution allows the membership to decide what issues to vote on. That is a documented fact.

The draft constitution allows that. It also has a get out clause about best endeavours by the CIC Board. The SMFC don't need to bother their arse about the "guidance" to the CIC Board. And the non-exec Board could apply pressure to the SMFC BoD based on corporate governance. The chances of the fans ever pressurising the SMFC BoD into a decision that the SMFC doesn't agree with are minimal. The SPL vote will be a rush job - there'll be about two weeks notice. Would you like to outline you process for getting two thirds of the fans together for a vote? That is only the first step in the process. The interim BoD would then have to provide a detailed report on the implications of the SPL vote and report that back to the members who would then need to vote again. Even at that point you are not guaranteed success as Bii and the "successful businessmen" in the 1877 club could throw a spanner in the works. If you think that St Mirren fans will be able to force the current process you are dreaming. It will be fans turning their back on the SPL and the club that will drive that. Will 10000 Hours be bothered - perhaps not as they have control of the assets to do with what they please? Bii will effectively be in control of the club.

Fans need to get on top of the implications of 10000 Hours ownership of the club and fast.