Why Is It So Nasty?

Guest somner9

I think it's highly appropriate every saints fan takes stock of any attempt by parties to buy our club using someone else's money. We ceratinly don't want to end up like Rangerswhistling.gif

Correct but from what has come from SG in that two other parties have table offers and that if the CIC dose not go through then the club will be sold to an outside party. Some of you seem to think SG is not telling the whole truth about this.

For talking sake lets say an outside bid is accepted who do you think will pay for the take over in the long run ? Make no mistake it will be the club which will be a huge loss in income. To make up that loss in income the club has had to pay out loans will need to be taken out on the club which leads to debt done by people who are not St Mirren minded. Business people just move things about as can be seen in the Rangers take over.

I'm guttered as I'm 100% sure the CIC will not go through now it's a big ask to get to the final figure by friday. It's the fans choice so be it.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

To anyone who has ever supported our club - worried about its existence or it's future - anyone who stood on the steps of the courtroom as we waited to hear about a decision that could have ended our club - anyone who has contributed financially through sponsorship -season tickets - merchandise - advertising - shares - buying a brick ffs - paid to play in Saints Aid or just threw a quid in a bucket when things were really bad- anyone who feels proud that against the odds we built stands - supplied under soil heating - lived within a budget yet still won leagues and got to National cup finals - SIGN YOUR DIRECT DEBIT TODAY - with the demise of the scumngers ST MIRREN FC need you more than ever today and inthe future!!

To anyone who has ever supported our club - worried about its existence or it's future - anyone who stood on the steps of the courtroom as we waited to hear about a decision that could have ended our club - anyone who has contributed financially through sponsorship -season tickets - merchandise - advertising - shares - buying a brick ffs - paid to play in Saints Aid or just threw a quid in a bucket when things were really bad- anyone who feels proud that against the odds we built stands - supplied under soil heating - lived within a budget yet still won leagues and got to National cup finals - SIGN YOUR DIRECT DEBIT TODAY - with the demise of the scumngers ST MIRREN FC need you more than ever today and inthe future!!

Absolutely spot LB, Brilliant post my scouse friend, thumbup2.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumbup2.gif

Correct but from what has come from SG in that two other parties have table offers and that if the CIC dose not go through then the club will be sold to an outside party. Some of you seem to think SG is not telling the whole truth about this.

For talking sake lets say an outside bid is accepted who do you think will pay for the take over in the long run ? Make no mistake it will be the club which will be a huge loss in income. To make up that loss in income the club has had to pay out loans will need to be taken out on the club which leads to debt done by people who are not St Mirren minded. Business people just move things about as can be seen in the Rangers take over.

I'm guttered as I'm 100% sure the CIC will not go through now it's a big ask to get to the final figure by friday. It's the fans choice so be it.

Same speculation as before.

....with the demise of the scumngers ST MIRREN FC need you more than ever today and inthe future!!

Happy to be corrected on this; however pretty sure when 10000 Hours were asked the question on Thursday they were of the view that Scottish football needs scumgers. The social funder also has a dependency on the scumgers situation, which would suggest they would want us to support scumgers too. Happy to be corrected on that as the communication was a bit fluffy on the topic.

Guest somner9

The problem that 10000 hours have, and now one that the selling consortium have gained is that of credibility!

Ok 10000 hours proposal gives a 'version' of fan ownership, but they will admit it is not what they set out to achieve, it's a position they've ended up with, not one they designed.

The selling consortium were vocal last week letting us know there will be no 'Status Quo'! the club will be sold before the new season, they want to sell to 10000 hours, but they've got a couple of foreign bidders ready to step forward if the fans don't go with the option the selling consortium want us to go with.

that's where their credibility takes a hit, if we have to be sold, and they want us to be involved in that then they need to outline what all the bids mean!!!

You can't insist that the 10000 hours way is the only way if you (the consortium) already know you'll sell it to two other people if need be. If they want the fans to make a decision then they should treat the fans with respect, and trust them to make the right decision, not just the one that gets them a few more bob!

You can call the people to rally round, but you have to give them the detail of the cause you want them to fight for! The selling consortium can't have it every which way, tell us the detail, then we'll all decide what we think is best, don't just wave shrouds at us, that is a desperate sign of a lack of respect and trust

Happy to be corrected on this; however pretty sure when 10000 Hours were asked the question on Thursday they were of the view that Scottish football needs scumgers. The social funder also has a dependency on the scumgers situation, which would suggest they would want us to support scumgers too. Happy to be corrected on that as the communication was a bit fluffy on the topic.

It was also stated the club has already budgeted for them being demoted to the Scottish league

Yes just like you keep going on about hell knows what John. Difference between me and you is I know what's the best way forward , fan ownership. You keep dragging your heels

I'm glad this is your issue, as it was answered on Thurs eve and on the Q&A thread here. It has been offered to the other main shareholders in the 48% and is open to all shareholders.

The deal for them would be the same as the one for GLS. They would begin to receive payments when all the social funder loan is paid off and the CiC has a certain amount of funds in reserve (for GLS this is £100k).

Satisfied...?

As a small shareholder I'm not, I wasn't offered the information freely, I had to ferret it out on here.

It's by no means certain that anyone looking to sell their shares to the CIC would be succesful, I mean how many does GLS & the two mystery shareholders need to fulfil the requirements of those people who have pledged to the 87 & 1877 clubs?

Not that I want to sell my shares but if the CIC is willing to buy all shares why won't they offer the same terms to everyone?

Guest somner9

The problem that 10000 hours have, and now one that the selling consortium have gained is that of credibility!

Ok 10000 hours proposal gives a 'version' of fan ownership, but they will admit it is not what they set out to achieve, it's a position they've ended up with, not one they designed.

The selling consortium were vocal last week letting us know there will be no 'Status Quo'! the club will be sold before the new season, they want to sell to 10000 hours, but they've got a couple of foreign bidders ready to step forward if the fans don't go with the option the selling consortium want us to go with.

that's where their credibility takes a hit, if we have to be sold, and they want us to be involved in that then they need to outline what all the bids mean!!!

You can't insist that the 10000 hours way is the only way if you (the consortium) already know you'll sell it to two other people if need be. If they want the fans to make a decision then they should treat the fans with respect, and trust them to make the right decision, not just the one that gets them a few more bob!

You can call the people to rally round, but you have to give them the detail of the cause you want them to fight for! The selling consortium can't have it every which way, tell us the detail, then we'll all decide what we think is best, don't just wave shrouds at us, that is a desperate sign of a lack of respect and trust

You can see why there's a reluctance to comment on the post quoted here!

It was also stated the club has already budgeted for them being demoted to the Scottish league

Yes, but they will be more than happy to vote for scumgeres to stay in the SPL. I was just balancing up the wild statements about the scumgers situation being a driver to sign up to the CIC. It is not - if anything the entire thing should be put on hold until the scumgers situation is sorted out. There couldn't be a worse time to change ownership. Let's limit the rallying nonsense to facts rather than jumping on every event and trying to spin it into an argument for 10000 Hours.

Yes just like you keep going on about hell knows what John. Difference between me and you is I know what's the best way forward , fan ownership. You keep dragging your heels

No you don't....you have made a decision, just as I am making a decision. I am not prepared to gamble on the future of the club as some self-appointed guardian. You are. Whilst I respect you decision made under pressure, I respect my own decision more. Can't you see me looking down at you from my high horse. My horse is called integrity. tongue.png Integrity has a great pedigree coming from Honesty and Responsibility. whistling.gif

Guest somner9

No you don't....you have made a decision, just as I am making a decision. I am not prepared to gamble on the future of the club as some self-appointed guardian. You are. Whilst I respect you decision made under pressure, I respect my own decision more. Can't you see me looking down at you from my high horse. My horse is called integrity. tongue.png Integrity has a great pedigree coming from Honesty and Responsibility. whistling.gif

"My horse is called integrity."

I always thought you'tr preferred mount was called "Upturned Bar stool"clap.gifdrinks_cheers.gifmoon.gif

"My horse is called integrity."

I always thought you'tr preferred mount was called "Upturned Bar stool"clap.gifdrinks_cheers.gifmoon.gif

Thankfully your upturned barstool is already fully occupied by you, animal, diklexia and that Yul Brynner chap. Although Yul's been very quiet of late. Has he been returned to the gimp dungeon? 2becks sounds like he'd be up for a wee shot on your stool though so long as their some Elton on the Tile Bar juke box. tongue.png

Guest somner9

Thankfully your upturned barstool is already fully occupied by you, animal, diklexia and that Yul Brynner chap. Although Yul's been very quiet of late. Has he been returned to the gimp dungeon? 2becks sounds like he'd be up for a wee shot on your stool though so long as their some Elton on the Tile Bar juke box. tongue.png

Aye you ken fine the last time you were on the tile Upturned bar stool, didn't you ask for one of your favourites from the karoke Depeche Mode - i just can't get enough! whistling.gif

Aye you ken fine the last time you were on the tile Upturned bar stool, didn't you ask for one of your favourites from the karoke Depeche Mode - i just can't get enough! whistling.gif

Dunno anything about that, but Tennent's Lager is a massive depeche mode fan.....was the rider of the upturned bar stool wearing a big coat and shouting for a flag pole?

Guest somner9

Dunno anything about that, but Tennent's Lager is a massive depeche mode fan.....was the rider of the upturned bar stool wearing a big coat and shouting for a flag pole?

Corner or Ceremonial?

Guest somner9

Dunno, was last seen in Arbroath.

Anyway it more rubber troosers and open floodgates in the gents at the tile these days.

An ageing perverted clientele have decided to embarce their advancing years and put to good use failing bladder control for mutual enjoyment. If you're intending to drop in, stick a pair of dry socks in your coat pocket for the walk hame

It's not up to the consortium to reveal information about the other bids. If the other bids wish to remain quiet then the consortiums hands are tied.

And yes a "version" of fan ownership is being proposed. But the fact that it is fan ownership, means it can be shaped by the fans once the deal is through, if they so wish.

You'd think you would be a supporter of the proposals, despite your precieved flaws of it. Once through, it would give you the opportunity to turn it into the fan ownership that you've always insisted was the best way to go.

laugh.png Partly true...have to love 'Enjoy the Silence', but despise that 'Just Can't Get Enough' monstrosity...between the Green Bhigots, L'Pool, Bolton, Blackpool, Sky, ITV4 & even Kevin Painter in the darts to name just a few in recent months...I'm f"king sick of hearing it!! sad.png Nae shortage of flagpoles though...quite a few hundred here - anyone that wants one drop me a PM. whistling.gif

Edited by Tennant's Lager

Back the bid to buy our club - become activly involved - sign your direct debit - or never again moan / complain about how our club is run

This is what worries me. If we get someone in who is no use and drive the club to the wall, has nothing to invest, passes on debt and undoes all that has been done (I said IF) then there will be complainers and moaners and "sack the board" ers etc - all of whose voices will mean nothing cos the one chance we had was squandered in doubt and dithering.

Back the bid to buy our club - become activly involved - sign your direct debit - or never again moan / complain about how our club is run

Sort of see what you are getting at there; however I don;t think that will quite work in practise.....moaning and complaining is part of the footballer experience. So long as a fan pays their ticket to get in to see a game they are entitled to a good moan. There's even far fuds that moan like f"k on the back of a St Mirren rubber duck they bought 5 years ago. tongue.png

Edited by St. Sid