Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

Probably no surprise to anyone, I'm in. So are as many community groups that I am connected with, as I can muster!

Given my experience in that side of things and the fact that I make my own diary and hours every week, I will put my name in the hat for an interim place. I believe that the one of the main selling points initially was the community side of the bid, whilst that has fallen by the wayside somewhat, it shouldn't be too hard to recharge it again with a desire to do so and the right people on board - perhaps, if folks agree, I can help to play a part in that.

I had a wee think about who from these pages I would like to see stand for election and I have to say that your online alias was one of my preferred options so I'm delighted to see you standing. thumbup2.gif

So far as membership is concerned I'm in, as is my team - Wishaw Wycombe 98's. I'm funding the team membership as a punt I guess, in the hope that there will be a tangible benefit for them. If there is and it can be demonstrated to the rest of the club then I would imagine that there would be 14 other teams from within our club come on board and I'll certainly be out with the loud hailer on our club website and on the LFDA forums extolling the virtues for other clubs to join as well.

For me personally I'm in because it's interesting. I'm not saying anything new here and I am by no means out to act as a convincer, but as most people know I've been following the progress here very closely because I've been involved in trying to do something similar - if nowhere near as complex - through here. Throughout the course of the last 18 months I've become educated on the subject through going to a conference, meeting people who do this kind of stuff all the time, seeing relevant examples, listed to experience, and through watching the debate develop on these pages. I've seen the progress being made at Spartans, at Bathgate, I've visited Kilwinning and spoke to the people there, and I've been kept up to date with developments at Cumbernauld Colts and Falkirk Steins through the SFA Development Officer.

In preparing my presentations for Wishaw Wycombe I found that the biggest stumbling block was their concern about how they could afford to maintain a 3g pitch - replacing the carpet etc. Yet this week the Chairman of the club has produced figures showing the club pays out £22,000 a year in pitch lets for training and matches. Over a 10 year period maintenance costs have been quoted at £100,000 so without additional revenues it's clearly affordable but the big numbers scare people.

I see similar happening on here. £1.5m of debt is a lot of money. The anger at that should be levelled at the selling consortium but they have "untouchable" status amongst St Mirren fans. The figures for repayment have been published and its quite clear that without extra income being generated 10000hours needs £7,500 per month in subscriptions. Now if this project starts, and then fails - as is the risk that keeps being quoted on here - then surely that is the fault of the membership and the membership alone. There is no outside factor that becomes the silver bullet.

We'll know in a couple of days time what the outcome is. I hope that St Mirren fans take their opportunity here and that I can continue to enjoy the debate and to watch the progress from the sidelines but if they don't I'd like to thank everyone for the debate and for the education I've had in the subject off these pages and from following the project. Good luck.

I had a wee think about who from these pages I would like to see stand for election and I have to say that your online alias was one of my preferred options so I'm delighted to see you standing. thumbup2.gif

So far as membership is concerned I'm in, as is my team - Wishaw Wycombe 98's. I'm funding the team membership as a punt I guess, in the hope that there will be a tangible benefit for them. If there is and it can be demonstrated to the rest of the club then I would imagine that there would be 14 other teams from within our club come on board and I'll certainly be out with the loud hailer on our club website and on the LFDA forums extolling the virtues for other clubs to join as well.

For me personally I'm in because it's interesting. I'm not saying anything new here and I am by no means out to act as a convincer, but as most people know I've been following the progress here very closely because I've been involved in trying to do something similar - if nowhere near as complex - through here. Throughout the course of the last 18 months I've become educated on the subject through going to a conference, meeting people who do this kind of stuff all the time, seeing relevant examples, listed to experience, and through watching the debate develop on these pages. I've seen the progress being made at Spartans, at Bathgate, I've visited Kilwinning and spoke to the people there, and I've been kept up to date with developments at Cumbernauld Colts and Falkirk Steins through the SFA Development Officer.

In preparing my presentations for Wishaw Wycombe I found that the biggest stumbling block was their concern about how they could afford to maintain a 3g pitch - replacing the carpet etc. Yet this week the Chairman of the club has produced figures showing the club pays out £22,000 a year in pitch lets for training and matches. Over a 10 year period maintenance costs have been quoted at £100,000 so without additional revenues it's clearly affordable but the big numbers scare people.

I see similar happening on here. £1.5m of debt is a lot of money. The anger at that should be levelled at the selling consortium but they have "untouchable" status amongst St Mirren fans. The figures for repayment have been published and its quite clear that without extra income being generated 10000hours needs £7,500 per month in subscriptions. Now if this project starts, and then fails - as is the risk that keeps being quoted on here - then surely that is the fault of the membership and the membership alone. There is no outside factor that becomes the silver bullet.

We'll know in a couple of days time what the outcome is. I hope that St Mirren fans take their opportunity here and that I can continue to enjoy the debate and to watch the progress from the sidelines but if they don't I'd like to thank everyone for the debate and for the education I've had in the subject off these pages and from following the project. Good luck.

If you stand for election I might change my mind.

£6.15k per month in place, 82% of the way towards the individual target thumbup2.gif

Steven McGarry and Ricky Gillies both championing the bid now having spoken to Gordon.

Momentum starting to build at the right time.

Keep them coming !

PDE today: http://www.paisleyda...87085-31177292/

A poll of supporters will then be called as soon as possible before July 16 when the club’s position on Rangers – who need at least SPL seven clubs to back them for a reprieve – will be decided. Last night, Atkinson said: “If the CiC wins control of the club, we will go to the supporters and ask them to decide on how the club votes on Rangers newco.” However, the fans have been warned exiling Rangers to the Third Division could prove costly to the Buddies – as much as £500,000 for every year that the Gers are not in the SPL. But the team behind 10000Hours insists it will be the fans who ultimately decide how Saints cast their vote.

Scott – who will become Saints interim chairman if the CiC is successful in its bid to buy a 52 per cent stake in Saints being flogged by current club chief Stewart Gilmour and four other directors – explained: “With the power to control the club vote comes responsibility. It would be the obligation of the football club board to clearly explain the financial implications that a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ vote would have on the club. For example, a ‘no’ vote may affect our income by up to £500,000 a year. The football club board would have to provide definitive options as to how that could be handled to allow the club to stay solvent. This would allow members to make an informed decision. A ‘yes’ vote could be on the condition that club voting reform happens thus enabling the expansion of the SPL without the blocking vote of only two clubs. This is a pretty basic description but if this were to become an actual scenario the football club board would have to provide a lot more information to the members on the merits of the yes and no votes. Hopefully, this demonstrates to all our members and groups like SMiSA that the CIC is governed by its members voice and that the power of that voice is much greater than the ‘single fan representative’ on the board that has let many other clubs down over the years.”

If you stand for election I might change my mind.

Aye it would make entertaining viewing I guess. I could run the "Vote for me ya shower of thick drug addled cunts" campaign, defending my record of backing St Mirren to be relegated every year since 2003 and my posts about how Paisley would be a great place to run trials of any new bombs that the MOD would like to try out since it's an industrial and intellectual wasteland. whistling.gif

Sid, like you I'm tired of committee work. It's time for me to spend time on my family and on myself before we're all too old. I've got my wee project in Wishaw that I like biting into every now and again and I'm happy enough with that. So far as 10000hours are concerned I'd be happy enough with the idea that I can fire in the occasional suggestion or idea, that it might get listened too, and if anyone thinks I've hit on something they know where to get me if they want more info or if they want help to develop it further.

I would have loved to join this. However the lack of information or effort to get the message out to season ticket holders etc has led me to the conclusion that this is not a well organised bunch and as such I wouldn't want them heading up a bid for my club.

If they want fans money then they should have worked a wee bit harder, for that reason I'm afraid I'm out. sad.png

Another victory for the bold St Sid. Now we have absolute confirmation that we will get a vote on the SPL situation. That's the sort of commitment we should be looking for from 10000 Hours on all fans issues. If they'd communited with the fans like that throughout this process they wouldn't be sweating over the sign ups.

Ive been fairly quiet on this subject of late as discussing it on here with any hope of sense has at times been difficult.

I am In.

I encourage everyone with the best interests of our club at heart to get in on this and to get in on it NOW!

As Div (forum username of our moderator, the man known in the real world as David McDonald) said, the bid may not be perfect but

IT CAN BE RESHAPED FROM WITHIN

To have a say in the running of our club, to be able to cast a vote, to be able to speak on any matter concerning the Saint Mirren professional football club with the knowledge that "you tried", then you need to complete your direct debit mandate and you need to complete it tonight.

The time for nonsense is over, the time for action is upon us.

Take it from a very old man like me, in life the biggest regrets you will have are the things you DID NOT DO rather than what you did.

Sign up tonight, lets make this work and lets ensure the future of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

Please do not let some of the nonsense spouted on here put you off. This is a one time chance and I sincerely hope that together we take it.

I personally think Rangers should be in the SPL, I dislike them as much as anyone, But it would financial suicide to kick them into Div 3, There must be other punishments that can be placed a upon them, We cant let our hearts run our heads, I'd rather see the two of them kicked out the league rather that one of them, I hate saying it, But its true, For money reason we need them.

Edited by santaponsasaint

I personally think Rangers should be in the SPL, I dislike them as much as anyone, But it would financial suicide to kick them into Div 3, There must be other punishments that can be placed a upon them, We cant let our hearts run our heads, I'd rather see the two of them kicked out the league rather that one of them, I hate saying it, But its true, For money reason we need them.

Surely this is a hacked account situation. bangin.gif

Will sign up tonight.

I think the fans have to sign up, work together and make a better future for our club. Richard Atkinson has given a platform and solution for St Mirren fans to secure their long term future. I am glad that Gordon Scott is involved as he seems a good guy with the right kind of drive and energy to keep this going in the right direction.

Hope we get the numbers / monetary amount before close of play tomorrow.

£6.45k now in the system, been a great day with many joining the bid. Finally feeling momentum might just be going our way.

Just 100 more fans signing up and we have hit the target. Hopefully we can get there tomorrow, keep spreading the word if you support the bid !

To be honest I still haven't decided If I am in or not obviously I will have to decide very soon but I still don't see what we the individual are getting for the £120 minimum a year above what we pay for season tickets etc.

I know they keep saying we will have a say in how the club is run but to what extent ? If it is simply just we get a vote every now and then when there is big decisions to make.

And again IF we are struggling to reach the minimum required to start it up how can we hope to sustain this especially in this financial climate to ask people to pay this for years on end ahead of the money we spend to travel and support the team.

I know everyone is suggesting the risks of the foreign ownership but I genuinely think there is just as much risk through the CIC and I still have full belief that Gilmour and the rest of BOD will not sell to some random foreigner who they don't think will have the clubs best interest at heart and continue the progression that Gilmour has made.

I myself Love St. Mirren and have spent alot of money travelling to away games etc so I don't believe that If myself or anyone who doesn't sign up is putting the club at risk every sale of a club is a risk it was a risk when Gilmour joined and look at what has happened during his tenure who's to the say the foreign group wont have the same commitment and success ?

I will be looking into as much information as possible regarding the CIC tonight and will make a decision that I fully believe in and I would suggest all fans do the same if you haven't made up your mind yet.

COYS

Will sign up tonight.

I think the fans have to sign up, work together and make a better future for our club. Richard Atkinson has given a platform and solution for St Mirren fans to secure their long term future. I am glad that Gordon Scott is involved as he seems a good guy with the right kind of drive and energy to keep this going in the right direction.

Hope we get the numbers / monetary amount before close of play tomorrow.

Thats the pledged amount upto 86% of the £7500 required.

Please let us all know when you have returned home and completed your form.

Every pledge is valuable and every pledger invaluable.

Keep it rolling folks, we have a club to safeguard!

Edited by TediousTom