Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

To be honest I still haven't decided If I am in or not obviously I will have to decide very soon but I still don't see what we the individual are getting for the £120 minimum a year above what we pay for season tickets etc.

I know they keep saying we will have a say in how the club is run but to what extent ? If it is simply just we get a vote every now and then when there is big decisions to make.

And again IF we are struggling to reach the minimum required to start it up how can we hope to sustain this especially in this financial climate to ask people to pay this for years on end ahead of the money we spend to travel and support the team.

I know everyone is suggesting the risks of the foreign ownership but I genuinely think there is just as much risk through the CIC and I still have full belief that Gilmour and the rest of BOD will not sell to some random foreigner who they don't think will have the clubs best interest at heart and continue the progression that Gilmour has made.

I myself Love St. Mirren and have spent alot of money travelling to away games etc so I don't believe that If myself or anyone who doesn't sign up is putting the club at risk every sale of a club is a risk it was a risk when Gilmour joined and look at what has happened during his tenure who's to the say the foreign group wont have the same commitment and success ?

I will be looking into as much information as possible regarding the CIC tonight and will make a decision that I fully believe in and I would suggest all fans do the same if you haven't made up your mind yet.

COYS

I suppose you could look at it this way, if the season ticket cost an extra £100 per year,then the chances are most fans would be happy to pay that extra, so giving the the cic the money is the same thing and keeping control within the fan base rather than a rich sugar daddy.

I could not go in at the level you did , however chose an amount I felt comfortable with :)

it doesn't matter how much or how little someone puts in, the main thing is you are doing it for your team and after all we are all stmirren supporters, good on you.

To be honest I still haven't decided If I am in or not obviously I will have to decide very soon but I still don't see what we the individual are getting for the £120 minimum a year above what we pay for season tickets etc.

I know they keep saying we will have a say in how the club is run but to what extent ? If it is simply just we get a vote every now and then when there is big decisions to make.

And again IF we are struggling to reach the minimum required to start it up how can we hope to sustain this especially in this financial climate to ask people to pay this for years on end ahead of the money we spend to travel and support the team.

I know everyone is suggesting the risks of the foreign ownership but I genuinely think there is just as much risk through the CIC and I still have full belief that Gilmour and the rest of BOD will not sell to some random foreigner who they don't think will have the clubs best interest at heart and continue the progression that Gilmour has made.

I myself Love St. Mirren and have spent alot of money travelling to away games etc so I don't believe that If myself or anyone who doesn't sign up is putting the club at risk every sale of a club is a risk it was a risk when Gilmour joined and look at what has happened during his tenure who's to the say the foreign group wont have the same commitment and success ?

I will be looking into as much information as possible regarding the CIC tonight and will make a decision that I fully believe in and I would suggest all fans do the same if you haven't made up your mind yet.

COYS

Super Saints - I agree with most of this post. Look the reality is that you are right. You are getting nothing tangible for your money and in the main you will only get an odd vote every now and again either at elections, or when there is a contentious decision to be made for Scottish Football where a group of members have petitioned the board to call an EGM.

I suggested membership perks ages ago - and specifically suggested free car parking for members only to be told that it may be a possibility but that it would be a decision for the elected football board because they would have to deal with loss of revenue to the playing budget. Look at the response on here when Sid suggested a £20 discount on season tickets for members or even the reaction when details emerged of the 1877 club where people are paying £25k for a St Mirren suit - there were still some complaining that this was money coming out of the club budget to fund the CIC.

Maybe once everything is in place there will be membership perks. I still think it should be entirely possible to do it in a way that doesn't affect playing budget anyway - after all that's what Clyde do - but as will always be the case it's going to be down to those on the member and club boards and members like me will have to hope that they've got the vision to see a bigger picture.

Whether you sign up or not is your choice. Your financial situation is your business and absolutely no-one should bully you into signing up - especially not greedy consortium members who are out there to fill their own pockets.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

so, people who sign up.. do they get their money back in 5 years time plus some equity.. ????

I don't believe anyone gets any equity or their money back unless the club gets sold for a nice profit, although I may be wrong on this, same goes for the 87 club members .

Another thing I don't fully understand is IF the CIC is successful how will it effect this season and future seasons playing budget where is the options for future income or will it be just what we make we spend etc

The hope/idea is that with the number of members involved there will be more opportunities to open revenue streams, rather than less. There will be people in the 77 & 87 Clubs with good business experience and skills, and people within the membership with ideas and energy and time to put in. By bringing in community groups and 10000 Hours being a CiC, options for funding community stuff are more varied and could indirectly divert money into the playing budget.

The fact that it will be reasonably high profile and seen as a worthy cause by other businesses etc around the country, should attract them to want to be a part of it for philanthropic or Publicity reasons.

The hope/idea is that the revenue streams will be increased not decreased by being community owned and fan led.

Apologies for the stupid question, I'm sure the answer is close by on the forum somewhere, but here goes.....

I attended the meeting last year & was sold on the CIC and convinced another few others to sign up too. Many months later, some bad PR, and bad comms from RA I got jaded with it.

Now we appear to have a bit of momentum again my Question is; if I signed up back in the day and completed my DD form am I still signed up, or do I need to go through the process again?

Stuart, this is where I believe 10000Hours have let down the rank and file where there is not even a free sausage roll, free scarf, or even a discount on parking.

Hell even the members bar has rules where the 87 & 1877 SRTB's get fast track service over the rank and file.

agree with your points on this although no doubt within time, benefits for members will improve, I can assure you that even though I have opted for the 87club, I will not queue jump at the bar thinking I am more privileged than a £10 member.

Apologies for the stupid question, I'm sure the answer is close by on the forum somewhere, but here goes.....

I attended the meeting last year & was sold on the CIC and convinced another few others to sign up too. Many months later, some bad PR, and bad comms from RA I got jaded with it.

Now we appear to have a bit of momentum again my Question is; if I signed up back in the day and completed my DD form am I still signed up, or do I need to go through the process again?

There's a web page to redo the DD. You should have got an email about it....but if not pretty sure there's a thread on this board.

There's some better posts appearing on this thread about why people should be signing up. ktf's post was particularly good. More positive posts like that and the target will be skooshed.

Edited by St. Sid

Go onto WWW.10000hours.org and re-submit your DD electronically in 2 simple steps, its that simple!

so, people who sign up.. do they get their money back in 5 years time plus some equity.. ????

You had plenty of time to ask questions and gain information over the past two years. Thats 24 months, that was a long time!!!!

If you did not bother finding out what you wanted to know then that was entirely down to you.

This is no longer a debate/discussion over the pro's and con's of fan ownership but a recruitment drive.

We are edging toward an historic moment in the history of our club. Every person involved can be justifiably proud and excited to be a part of this.

Discussion time is well and truly over, the time for action has arrived. Keep pledging fellow fans of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company. We are nearly there, we are on the horizon of something that could be very special, we are blazing a trail, we are ensuring we have input in our club, we are the supporters of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company and together we WILL make this work.

Im so excited by this I will most likely wet myself......

Edited to add: Yes I have but its just a dribble

Edited by TediousTom

You had plenty of time to ask questions and gain information over the past two years. Thats 24 months, that was a long time!!!!

If you did not bother finding out what you wanted to know then that was entirely down to you.

This is no longer a debate/discussion over the pro's and con's of fan ownership but a recruitment drive.

We are edging toward an historic moment in the history of our club. Every person involved can be justifiably proud and excited to be a part of this.

Discussion time is well and truly over, the time for action has arrived. Keep pledging fellow fans of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company. We are nearly there, we are on the horizon of something that could be very special, we are blazing a trail, we are ensuring we have input in our club, we are the supporters of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company and toether we WILL make this work.

Im so excited by this I will most likely wet myself......

More negative pish from someone that doesn't understand what is actually happening. Shut up and let ktf do the recruiting ya numpty.

agree with your points on this although no doubt within time, benefits for members will improve, I can assure you that even though I have opted for the 87club, I will not queue jump at the bar thinking I am more privileged than a £10 member.

If you've joined the 87 club and there's a 'fast track' bar service - use it! It isn't a slight on anyone. I flew to the USA last week - queued up at check in. Business class punters had their own dedicated check in lane. That's fair do's!

I don't want a ha'penny back. Securing the future of the club with a strong fan-ownership element would be more than enough by way of a return for my minor investment.

This isn't really about the money any longer. I appreciate that this sounds daft, but bear with me. Previously, I was weighing up whether this seemed like a reasonable expense to incur in chastened times. I've moved beyond that analysis now, though. These is a point of principle here. If I don't sign up for this, and the club succumbs to a fate that all of us dread, then can I reconcile myself to not having done my bit to at least try and show some tangible, demonstrable support? This now outweighs the financial consideration.

Strangely enough, if the newco are afforded passage back into the SPL, then I won't be back, yet I still want to support the CiC, because I think this is the right thing to do. I can't legislate for how Mr Gilmour will vote when the time comes, but the very concept behind the CiC model is that we can legislate for what happens to the club (at least to some extent). When I think of it this way, signing up to the CiC makes perfect sense.

I'd hoped the consortium might afford a bit of wriggle room in termso f the deadline, and I believe they might given the recent momentum in terms of people signing up. Perhaps the dealine has served a purpose in terms of focussin minds and galvanising support for the bid. If nothing else, they now know that a growing number of people are willing to commit to this.

I think we'll struggle to get this over the line, but it won't be for the want of trying, and I'm glad I've signed up for this, whatever the final outcome.

More negative pish from someone that doesn't understand what is actually happening. Shut up and let ktf do the recruiting ya numpty.

For the first time ever on this forum I may actually have to give an insolent fellow forum user a piece of my mind.

Your poor attitude and the lack content in your post is below your usual standard (except in the rumour mill where I wonder about your sanity).

This is not the time for "mad Sid" or "please give me attention because I need it Sid" to raise his pointless head. You are not being helpful, indeed you are being a hinderence and for that you should hang your head in shame.

The next 24hrs are some of the most important in the history of our club. This is a one time chance, blink, hesitate, listen to Sid and we may miss it.

I firmly believe that fan ownership is THE way forward. If this is achieved then I doubt that the club will EVER be sold again for I see no reason why we cannot make this work.

The clock is ticking and every pledge counts.

Edited to add: and for your information Sid, I fully understand what is happening as I made the effort to find out. I do not care whether you did or not but I will thank you not to make such unfounded statements at my expense.

Edited by TediousTom

For the first time ever on this forum I may actually have to give an insolent fellow forum user a piece of my mind.

Your poor attitude and the lack content in your post is below your usual standard (except in the rumour mill where I wonder about your sanity).

This is not the time for "mad Sid" or "please give me attention because I need it Sid" to raise his pointless head. You are not being helpful, indeed you are being a hinderence and for that you should hang your head in shame.

The next 24hrs are some of the most important in the history of our club. This is a one time chance, blink, hesitate, listen to Sid and we may miss it.

I firmly believe that fan ownership is THE way forward. If this is achieved then I doubt that the club will EVER be sold again for I see no reason why we cannot make this work.

The clock is ticking and every pledge counts.

People with a brain have since responded to shawl....hopefully you now understand more too. 1eye.gif