Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

If the deal just falls short and people are asked if they want to pay say an additional £10 per month to get over the magic number, do you think fans would fork out the extra money

That's already being done, but we are close enough for it to go through now providing the other elements are subscribed. The consortium are not going to drop the deal for the sake of a few grand.

Anyone got any idea how short the numbers are on the 87club membership and £25k membership

Or if they even are short, even or over-subscribed (no such thing but you know what I mean.) At the moment we don't have any ideas on numbers and so they could be flying in too - it seems GLS is working hard on this. And with the likes of yourself signing up for 87 Club and posting here that you have and why you are supporting it, that will encourage other to do the same, if they are swithering.

Who knows, those memberships could be flying in too.

Anyone got any idea how short the numbers are on the 87club membership and £25k membership

Pure speculation; however I think they have been in the bag for a while. Certainly the £25K memberships as they will likely be taken up by the original corporate members. The remaining question will be the 87 club membership, but I reckon that will have been GLS's main focus for some time. Hopefully they were already lined up.

Pure speculation; however I think they have been in the bag for a while. Certainly the £25K memberships as they will likely be taken up by the original corporate members. The remaining question will be the 87 club membership, but I reckon that will have been GLS's main focus for some time. Hopefully they were already lined up.

My suspicions also!

People with a brain have since responded to shawl....hopefully you now understand more too. 1eye.gif

If you had a constructive comment about any post I have made then I would have welcomed a constructive reply. I see you were unable to offer one!

I stand by my position that our fans have had 2 years to find out all the detail surrounding this bid. I also stand by my position that this is an historic decision that our fanbase are in the process of making. Your personal insult where you assert that I do not posess a brain I find to be rather unhelpful. The matter under discussion is of such importance that such comment only serves to detract from the momentum of the discussion and is shining example of this forum at its worst.

Thankfully the enlightening discussion continues in spite of your childish comment and the "recruitment drive" for 10000hrs would appear to be continuing to gain momentum.

To re-iterate

IN LIFE YOU WILL REGRET THE THINGS THAT YOU DID NOT DO RATHER THAN WHAT YOU DID

I have since persuaded another "floating voter" to complete a direct debit mandate and I can see myself staring longingly at the 10000hrs website urging the percentage to increase!!!!!!!

The more perceptive amongst you may have gathered that I am excited by this process.

Very, as far as I'm aware. I know the likes of eBay and Amazon use it regularly for processing customer payments.

Yip, it's probably THE most secure way to pay for anything online. PayPal takes a cut from recipient/seller (10000 Hours) but it's a neglegable amount.

The thing that is annoying me the most IMO is the scare tactics of we need to save the club

We are no where near the trap door so just now it isn't about saving the club if so there wouldn't really be a decision to make for any fans i'm sure

I think we do need to seriously condsider SG's statement about selling the club if the CIC fails. The deadline is pretty much forcing us to make a decision one way or another. I'm not happy with that, but the bottom line is that it is decision time. What is important is that fans respect each others decisions no matter what. I am not happy about the posts being made trying to force fans down the "if you don't pay the CIC we're doomed route". Its one of the key reasons I won't be signing up. Fans need to respect each others decisions.

The thing that is annoying me the most IMO is the scare tactics of we need to save the club

We are no where near the trap door so just now it isn't about saving the club if so there wouldn't really be a decision to make for any fans i'm sure

That is a good point and I agree that we do not appear to be anywhere near the preverbial "trapdoor".

If this bid is successful and we as the fans can make 10000hrs work (and I can see no reason why we cannot) then we can be confident that the Saint Mirren support will never vote to saddle the club with unservicable debt, never be reckless with the fortunes of the club we love and never assett strip ourselves.

Indeed I would doubt that the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company will ever be sold again! In my opinion that is worth paying an extra £10.00 per month for.

Should an individual buy the club then they may well run the club in a fit and proper way (or they may not) but we "fans" have no input or influence on that. Bad leadership of our club nearly bankrupted us in the early 1990's and as it stands there is NOTHING to ensure that our beloved club are not put in that position again.

This is an opportunity to remove the "lottery" factor in the question of who purchases our club as the law of averages dictates that at sometime in the near or distant future we will have a reckless owner. This is a huge opportunity and i sincerely hope we take it!

If this does not go through then we may find another Reg Brealey on the horizon at some point. Thats not scaremongering but a cold hard fact.

Lets remove the "chance" factor and keep our club safe.

Very odd spin on it AS, especially the last part of your claim.

Firstly by signing up now you are providing a mandate for 10000 Hours to go ahead. You are effectively taking a decision for all fans by doing that including those not supporting 10000 Hours. Personally I would need to have zero doubts to take on such an arrogant position of making the decision for all fans. I have lots of doubts and gave 10000 Hours and its supporters every opportunity to address them. They chose not to and delivered the sam old soundbites that we've been trotting out since its inception - I know cos I made half of the soundbites up when ripping the pish out of the likes of animal and Yul.

If 10000 Hours does end up in the shitter it will demand fans save it. I'll be pretty f'k'n pissed off it that is the case but I would still help the club as would most fans - that's the catch22. If it is private ownership I would support it through its times of trouble just as I did when the Clydesdale Bank was threatening to shut us down on a monthly basis.

10000 Hours MIGHT work......the other bidders might have us in Europe the season after next and have the stadium full every week - we don;t know. 10000 Hours could end up in the shitter in a few months. We don't know....some fans will make the decision on behalf of the rest of the support. I'm not prepared to do that - humility and integrity. punk.gif

It's like voting in an election though - you vote but you need to accept the outcome whether the party you voted for win or not. Those choosing to sign up are not being arrogant in any way and we will only make a decision which will apply to everyone if enough people sign up. What exactly is the alternative - are there other concrete offers on the table. We can't continue in costant limbo (although it did us no real harm last season) it needs to be resolved and a sale is the only way to resolve it. I accept that not everyone feels this is the way forward but forward we must move with this. Companies develope and nothing is ever ideal at the outset but this can be shaped a bit more from the inside out so to speak but we need a vehicle to get this issue resolved once and for all. It might go tits up or it might be a roaring success but we will never know until we try. The alterative of a Whyte / Green type does not inspire me one little bit !

I think we do need to seriously condsider SG's statement about selling the club if the CIC fails. The deadline is pretty much forcing us to make a decision one way or another. I'm not happy with that, but the bottom line is that it is decision time. What is important is that fans respect each others decisions no matter what. I am not happy about the posts being made trying to force fans down the "if you don't pay the CIC we're doomed route". Its one of the key reasons I won't be signing up. Fans need to respect each others decisions.

Totally agree JT. While I've come up with a decision today, it really wasn't easy and wouldn't for a minute look to force it on anyone else's. Some people will come to this early, some late and some not at all. We all have the best interests of the club at heart though and will get involved with how it's run at a level we feel comfortable with.

If you had a constructive comment about any post I have made then I would have welcomed a constructive reply. I see you were unable to offer one!

I stand by my position that our fans have had 2 years to find out all the detail surrounding this bid. I also stand by my position that this is an historic decision that our fanbase are in the process of making. Your personal insult where you assert that I do not posess a brain I find to be rather unhelpful. The matter under discussion is of such importance that such comment only serves to detract from the momentum of the discussion and is shining example of this forum at its worst.

Thankfully the enlightening discussion continues in spite of your childish comment and the "recruitment drive" for 10000hrs would appear to be continuing to gain momentum.

To re-iterate

IN LIFE YOU WILL REGRET THE THINGS THAT YOU DID NOT DO RATHER THAN WHAT YOU DID

I have since persuaded another "floating voter" to complete a direct debit mandate and I can see myself staring longingly at the 10000hrs website urging the percentage to increase!!!!!!!

The more perceptive amongst you may have gathered that I am excited by this process.

Missed this bollox earlier......there was no content in you original response to shawl. It was arrogant, stoopit and unhelpful. 10000 Hours proposals have changed singificantly over the past 2 years. But for the efforts of soem SMiSA members and me there didn't appear to be any intention to deliver the new FAQ's or the public meeting last Thursday or going further back the draft constitution. The information on how this will work is still very light. There are still a lot of unknowns. As you have seen from the posts about people signing up there is still some uncertainty, but they are prepared to take the leap of faith.

Your response to shawl only demonstrates your own ignorance as you couldn't respond intelligently as other posters following you did. Posts like yours are more damaging to the CIC's chances of success than shawl asking questions about it. smile.png

Try respecting the decisions your fellow fans are making and stop acting like a Craig Whyte supporter. tongue.png

I signed up today, sort of reluctantly as Im not convinced, but Im prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Thats the Dunkirk spirit marrez.

Although I am excited by the apparent prospects of this bid I too cannot be entirlely sure how it will work out as l have never been involved in anything like this before. Anyone that claims otherwise is either a time traveller (and they do not exist) or a liar!

I hope more people take a leaf from you book, if we do not try then we will never know!

Another suitable statement would be "nothing ventured, nothing gained" or "you have to be in it to win it".

Edited by TediousTom

Stuart, this is where I believe 10000Hours have let down the rank and file where there is not even a free sausage roll, free scarf, or even a discount on parking.

Hell even the members bar has rules where the 87 & 1877 SRTB's get fast track service over the rank and file.

Can't argue with that Balfy, but I don't think it's 10000hours fault. If you look at it from their point of view if they said that in return for £120 per annum every member would get a signed St Mirren shirt free of charge it would probably have been quite a straightforward and simple sale. However they knew right from the start that there was a large lobby of fans who were concerned that 10000hours might use football club money and resources to help boost membership subs into 10000hours. As a result member perks for the individual member never formed part of the discussion and instead a blanket statement was put out that it would be a conflict of interests and that anything like that would have to be agreed by the newly elected football club board.

It led to a lot of frustration for me because I had approached the WWW committee to ask for £500 to become community members. It got an extremely lukewarm response anyway, but the question that was asked was "what do we get in return". I asked what they wanted, and went back to REA only to be told that most of them were "possible" but he couldn't confirm any of them until the takeover had happened. You can imagine the response when I went back to my committee.

I'd like to think that member perks will still form part of the deal after takeover. I'll certainly lobby for it because I don't believe that there are many, if any, organisations where members sign up for nothing more than to vote for who they want to sit on a committee - and I don't think that the CIC will remain viable long term if members don't feel they are getting a benefit in return for their money,.

Thats the Dunkirk spirit marrez.

Although I am excited by the apparent prospects of this bid I too cannot be entirlely sure how it will work out as l have never been involved in anything like this before. Anyone that claims otherwise is either a time traveller (and they do not exist) or a liar!

I hope more people take a leaf from you book, if we do not try then we will never know!

Another suitable statement would be "nothing ventured, nothing gained" or "you have to be in it to win it".

Life is to short to have any regrets, atleast by signing up gives you some satisfaction that you are trying to help our team, however let's not start heckling people that don't see the cic as a good idea. Some you win some you lose.

For the first time ever on this forum I may actually have to give an insolent fellow forum user a piece of my mind.

Your poor attitude and the lack content in your post is below your usual standard (except in the rumour mill where I wonder about your sanity).

This is not the time for "mad Sid" or "please give me attention because I need it Sid" to raise his pointless head. You are not being helpful, indeed you are being a hinderence and for that you should hang your head in shame.

The next 24hrs are some of the most important in the history of our club. This is a one time chance, blink, hesitate, listen to Sid and we may miss it.

I firmly believe that fan ownership is THE way forward. If this is achieved then I doubt that the club will EVER be sold again for I see no reason why we cannot make this work.

The clock is ticking and every pledge counts.

Edited to add: and for your information Sid, I fully understand what is happening as I made the effort to find out. I do not care whether you did or not but I will thank you not to make such unfounded statements at my expense.

First time ever? Your dementia must be really bad Tom - do you not remember you've given me an almost identical lecture right back amongst your first posts on this forum....:rolleyes:

I genuinely hadn't heard "rank and file" in over a decade prior to last week, that aside...

It'll be easier to offer incentives or put things in place once 10000 Hours are in place. Offering a few morsels to people looking to put more money in is fair enough. Understanding the budget will be key to deciding what we can and can't do...I will say this though, if we can't vote in disabled carer refunds then I'll pay two of them back myself.

It's like voting in an election though - you vote but you need to accept the outcome whether the party you voted for win or not. Those choosing to sign up are not being arrogant in any way and we will only make a decision which will apply to everyone if enough people sign up. What exactly is the alternative - are there other concrete offers on the table. We can't continue in costant limbo (although it did us no real harm last season) it needs to be resolved and a sale is the only way to resolve it. I accept that not everyone feels this is the way forward but forward we must move with this. Companies develope and nothing is ever ideal at the outset but this can be shaped a bit more from the inside out so to speak but we need a vehicle to get this issue resolved once and for all. It might go tits up or it might be a roaring success but we will never know until we try. The alterative of a Whyte / Green type does not inspire me one little bit !

I like your reasoning; however it is bollox. If this was an election every fan would get a vote. The votes would be counted and either the yes's win or the no's lose. This is about a target being set that allows a minority of fans to decide the future of the club no matter what the larger majority of paying fans think about it.

The deadline has skewed it further and the threats of a sale to another bidder has meant that the merits of 10000 Hours is no longer under discussions - its a decision based on fear of an invented alternative future.

Again, its about personal integrity. I would not make that decision for supporters that go to more games than me and have been fans for longer than me. I know guys like that who are against this going ahead. I do not have a strong enough argument available to me to be dismissive of their view and put my view before there's....humility.

Apologies for the stupid question, I'm sure the answer is close by on the forum somewhere, but here goes.....

I attended the meeting last year & was sold on the CIC and convinced another few others to sign up too. Many months later, some bad PR, and bad comms from RA I got jaded with it.

Now we appear to have a bit of momentum again my Question is; if I signed up back in the day and completed my DD form am I still signed up, or do I need to go through the process again?

No that one has lapsed, you have go online and reconfirm, this has to be done by midnight tomorrow.

First time ever? Your dementia must be really bad Tom - do you not remember you've given me an almost identical lecture right back amongst your first posts on this forum....rolleyes.gif

That I do (well vaguely do now that you mention it) Mr Dickson but on that occasion I did stop short of giving a proper piece of my mind and only a small bit of my mind, I think, im none too sure.

I salute your keen eye and elephant style memory.

I will however stand by my stern rebuttal of this SID fellow.