Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

That I do (well vaguely do now that you mention it) Mr Dickson but on that occasion I did stop short of giving a proper piece of my mind and only a small bit of my mind, I think, im none too sure.

I salute your keen eye and elephant style memory.

I will however stand by my stern rebuttal of this SID fellow.

Maybe at your age you should stop giving out any pieces of your mind. You clearly need all you can get lol.gif

I genuinely hadn't heard "rank and file" in over a decade prior to last week, that aside...

It'll be easier to offer incentives or put things in place once 10000 Hours are in place. Offering a few morsels to people looking to put more money in is fair enough. Understanding the budget will be key to deciding what we can and can't do...I will say this though, if we can't vote in disabled carer refunds then I'll pay two of them back myself.

One of the first 'directions' from members to reverse this? I'll certainly second it.

I like your reasoning; however it is bollox. If this was an election every fan would get a vote. The votes would be counted and either the yes's win or the no's lose. This is about a target being set that allows a minority of fans to decide the future of the club no matter what the larger majority of paying fans think about it.

The deadline has skewed it further and the threats of a sale to another bidder has meant that the merits of 10000 Hours is no longer under discussions - its a decision based on fear of an invented alternative future.

Again, its about personal integrity. I would not make that decision for supporters that go to more games than me and have been fans for longer than me. I know guys like that who are against this going ahead. I do not have a strong enough argument available to me to be dismissive of their view and put my view before there's....humility.

To use your own phrase to easily discredit you

"I like your reasoning; however it is bollox"

Ayrshire Saints post was quite correct and you are, in this instance, quite wrong.

Every person (whether a supporter of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company or not) has the same opportunity to sign upto 10000hrs and secure for themselves that precious vote. Quite simply put, if you want a vote within the 10000hrs structure then get yourself one.

If an indivudual buys the club then that individual makes all the decisions and none of the supporters have a say. With this model, the supporters who pledge will have a say and that would appear to me to be a better system.

If you want a vote then pledge, if you do not then don't.

The deadline has not skewed anything, the deadline is simply a necessity (as has already been clearly pointed out) the status quo cannot remain indefinately.

This is clearly not for everyone but will be for some.

If the cic goes ahead, what happens to people who decide to join once the cic is up and running, do they have to go through some sort of application or is it just a matter of these people signing a direct debit mandate and then that's them a member, I also presume that all paying members will get issued with some sort of membership card, so say the scenario of a cic fans bar, how will whoever is looking after this know if someone has stopped paying their direct debit mandate and they are still getting access to the cic bar.

90% of the way there now, today has been the busiest day of direct debit completions since the online system went live two weeks ago.

£6750 per month now in the system. Brilliant effort, keep spreading the word and we can meet, and exceed tomorrows target.

To use your own phrase to easily discredit you

"I like your reasoning; however it is bollox"

Ayrshire Saints post was quite correct and you are, in this instance, quite wrong.

Every person (whether a supporter of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd company or not) has the same opportunity to sign upto 10000hrs and secure for themselves that precious vote. Quite simply put, if you want a vote within the 10000hrs structure then get yourself one.

If an indivudual buys the club then that individual makes all the decisions and none of the supporters have a say. With this model, the supporters who pledge will have a say and that would appear to me to be a better system.

If you want a vote then pledge, if you do not then don't.

The deadline has not skewed anything, the deadline is simply a necessity (as has already been clearly pointed out) the status quo cannot remain indefinately.

This is clearly not for everyone but will be for some.

You're just being fik now.

You're just being fik now.

Well that has certianly put me in my place young John. lol.gif

After reading that I had to get off my chair, pick up my walking stick, shuffle accross the livingroom, through the hall and into my bathroom in order to reach the mirror. There I took a long hard look at myself before returning to my chair.

After some soul searching I will change certian aspects of my lifestyle but I will still support the 10000hrs bid with vigour.

With vigour I say!

If the cic goes ahead, what happens to people who decide to join once the cic is up and running, do they have to go through some sort of application or is it just a matter of these people signing a direct debit mandate and then that's them a member, I also presume that all paying members will get issued with some sort of membership card, so say the scenario of a cic fans bar, how will whoever is looking after this know if someone has stopped paying their direct debit mandate and they are still getting access to the cic bar.

Speculation on my part but would have to imagine people should be able to join after it's up and running with little difficulty.

As for the bar entrance...I'm guessing it would (or at least could) operate much the same way as the entry into the stadium with a smartcard system?

Thats the pledged amount upto 86% of the £7500 required.

Please let us all know when you have returned home and completed your form.

Every pledge is valuable and every pledger invaluable.

Keep it rolling folks, we have a club to safeguard!

Just signed up. Up to 90%

Text a few mates earlier tonight who have also signed up over the last few days.

The CIC will ALWAYS be open to new members.

Very important to realise that IF the deal goes through that is just the beginning, the CIC will be able to attract more members by demonstrating how effective an organisation it can be.

There will be teething issues, there will be a lot of work to be done, but with now 600 odd members on board and more signing up every hour we are have a brilliant base to build on.

Come on Sid. You know you want to smile.png

Nope. Not interested at this point. As Div states in the post above I will get involved once 10000 Hours effectiveness is proven. I have always been of the view that membership should go up rather than down. I am now opting to support the wait and see fans following the shameful attempts to scare them into signing up. The club will be stronger with more members. I think my "skills" are best served monitoring progress from the outside and defending the cautious fans from the bullying tactics af dafties like Tedious Tom, LS and Reynard. All fans are important to SMFC. And the bottom line is SMFC is still the reason for us being fans. I will be of more value outside the CIC at this point. However, I will be seeking to recruit more fans by keeping it real and presenting fans with reality rather than spin. That is what is required to convert the remaining fans. They require detail, they require evidence, they effectively require proof of concept before they will buy into the CIC. That should be respected and supported. SMFC is a broad church made up of many personalities. The CIC should leave no fan behind. flowers.gif

Its amazing how we all get argumental over a football team, it's all down to passion. If a private buyer bought st mirren and increased the season ticket by £100 per year, then I'm sure we would moan about it but in reality we would still go ahead and renew our ticket.

I don't think we need steering committees to win over people's votes as to whether they come on board or not, if fans don't want to gamble and pay as little as £10 per month now, then will they ever want to jump on board at a later stage for in reality what is a small amount of money per month and in reality they can cancel their direct debit at anytime.

Its amazing how we all get argumental over a football team, it's all down to passion. If a private buyer bought st mirren and increased the season ticket by £100 per year, then I'm sure we would moan about it but in reality we would still go ahead and renew our ticket.

I don't think we need steering committees to win over people's votes as to whether they come on board or not, if fans don't want to gamble and pay as little as £10 per month now, then will they ever want to jump on board at a later stage for in reality what is a small amount of money per month and in reality they can cancel their direct debit at anytime.

Wish people would stop advertising that fact. Say it enough and it will get ingrained in peoples minds. Fans should be signing up based on the understanding that they NEED to stay in until the debt is paid off. As HHS says above..."onboard for the journey"! Bailing out after a few months is a helluva lot worse than not signing up at all. Not a dig at you mucker, just using your post to make the point.

Wish people would stop advertising that fact. Say it enough and it will get ingrained in peoples minds. Fans should be signing up based on the understanding that they NEED to stay in until the debt is paid off. As HHS says above..."onboard for the journey"! Bailing out after a few months is a helluva lot worse than not signing up at all. Not a dig at you mucker, just using your post to make the point.

Thats true Sid, thats grey area about the direct debit payment scheme, I would rather of seen something like annually in advance payment although this may not have been popular with some.

Thats true Sid, thats grey area about the direct debit payment scheme, I would rather of seen something like annually in advance payment although this may not have been popular with some.

Not for me. I think regular payments keep the CIC honest. The very fact that people can withdraw their support at any time should focus minds IMO.

Originally there was a commitment that you would stay in for at least 12 months. Dunno if that still applies.

Originally there was a commitment that you would stay in for at least 12 months. Dunno if that still applies.

I haven't made any commitment like that. I haven't signed any credit agreement, or ticked any boxes that suggest I can't cancel my direct debit at any time side. I can't see how it would be enforceable and I can't imagine it would be viable to send debt collectors to peoples doors or to run a collections agency for defaulters.

If 10000hours does what its promised people will stick with this - no question about that at all - and the membership will grow as the benefits get publicity but there is no harm at all in having a situation where members can cancel at a whim. As I said it should focus minds and keep those on the elected boards honest.