Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

Nope. Not interested at this point. As Div states in the post above I will get involved once 10000 Hours effectiveness is proven. I have always been of the view that membership should go up rather than down. I am now opting to support the wait and see fans following the shameful attempts to scare them into signing up. The club will be stronger with more members. I think my "skills" are best served monitoring progress from the outside and defending the cautious fans from the bullying tactics af dafties like Tedious Tom, LS and Reynard. All fans are important to SMFC. And the bottom line is SMFC is still the reason for us being fans. I will be of more value outside the CIC at this point. However, I will be seeking to recruit more fans by keeping it real and presenting fans with reality rather than spin. That is what is required to convert the remaining fans. They require detail, they require evidence, they effectively require proof of concept before they will buy into the CIC. That should be respected and supported. SMFC is a broad church made up of many personalities. The CIC should leave no fan behind. flowers.gif

Not trying to pressurise you Sid. Your choice and I respect that. Its just that you are a shy guy and I thought you were maybe in need of encouragement :)

Speculation on my part but would have to imagine people should be able to join after it's up and running with little difficulty.

As for the bar entrance...I'm guessing it would (or at least could) operate much the same way as the entry into the stadium with a smartcard system?

I am sure thet ST smartcards can be updated to allow this? Any pay-at-the gate members could be issued with one also.

Originally there was a commitment that you would stay in for at least 12 months. Dunno if that still applies.

There is absolutely no commitment on the DD. In fact REA stated at the last meeting that by the elections in Nov/Dec, if you don't like what the CIC is delivering then it you could cancel and it only cost you $50.

As a shareholder would I be welcome in a members' bar?

If 1000 supporters from another club signed up could they influence how a vote would go when the decision about Rangers has to be made?

Dunno about the first one, but the answer to the second one is obviously yes - so tell all your Rangers supporting mates to sign up. It'll just mean the debts get paid off much quicker.

I personally think Rangers should be in the SPL, I dislike them as much as anyone, But it would financial suicide to kick them into Div 3, There must be other punishments that can be placed a upon them, We cant let our hearts run our heads, I'd rather see the two of them kicked out the league rather that one of them, I hate saying it, But its true, For money reason we need them.

I hear you Gary but this is a club who have been trying to leave Scottish Football for England not giving a f**k about the rest of us.

I say f**kem.

Who cares if we have to half our playing budget as a result. I'd rather we were relegated in 2 consecutive seasons as a result than let them back in.

All clubs would need to cut their wage bill accordingly so it wouldn't be that bad, it would just be as even a playing field as it is right now but with a slightly poorer standard.

This could actually make a 16 team league more likely outcome also.

f**kem.

Edited by davidg

Been thinking this myself, anyone know how I'd go about increasing my monthly subscription amount?

If you wish to amend your direct debit amount there are two ways to go about it;

1) Log in to your GoCardless account at www.gocardless.com. Login is with the email address you used when signing up and the password you chose. If you can't remember the password then there is a forgotten password link. Then one logged in you can cancel your existing direct debit by just clicking the cancel button next to it. Once you have done that go back to the 10000hours.org website and sign up again, selecting a different direct debit amount and using your existing GoCardless account which has all your details already in.

OR

2) Email [email protected] and we will ask GoCardless to simply edit your instruction and amend your amount. We need the email to come from the same address that you used when signing up originally, and GoCardless will also email you directly to confirm the amendment. Important obviously to note that 10000hours themselves cannot just randomly go in and start changing direct debit amounts !!

I'm in.

I live in the South East of England and rarely get to see us play these days. But St Mirren have been (and still are) a huge part of my life and it's well worth a tenner a month to help to ensure they continue to be.

If I had to list the most important days of my life, the 1987 cup final, the 1980 Anglo-Scottish Cup final (1st leg) and our first away game in Europe (and only away win) would be right up there, just behind the births of my two kids............................ and the day my divorce became "absolute" wink.png

There is absolutely no commitment on the DD. In fact REA stated at the last meeting that by the elections in Nov/Dec, if you don't like what the CIC is delivering then it you could cancel and it only cost you $50.

I know, I was just making sure we got a few posts highlighting that there is a strong possibility that fickle fans like you might be signing up to get us past the target and then cancelling. I would like to see a name and shame policy introduced for cnuts that cancel and leave the club in difficulty.

marrez

" If struggling to get past the post, leak the thing about the Rangers vote onto the Rangers forums, might get a few hundred extra signups whistling.gif "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- do we really want Rangers fans in this vote. Much better fans from other clubs...and better still ALL saints fans

Anyway I am in and am getting my Luton living brother and middlesborough living friend ( exiled saints fans ) to sign up.

1 last push everyone

I know, I was just making sure we got a few posts highlighting that there is a strong possibility that fickle fans like you might be signing up to get us past the target and then cancelling. I would like to see a name and shame policy introduced for cnuts that cancel and leave the club in difficulty.

No matter whether they cancel or not the club will never be in difficulty ... assets cant be touched and the club would just be sold to the most fit and proper people to run the club in a tradition takeover (Chosen by us the fans) Guys like Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatrick wouldnt let the club go under... they'd never support this so strongly if they thought it could....

No matter whether they cancel or not the club will never be in difficulty ... assets cant be touched and the club would just be sold to the most fit and proper people to run the club in a tradition takeover (Chosen by us the fans) Guys like Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatrick wouldnt let the club go under... they'd never support this so strongly if they thought it could....

I have heard that one trotted out a few times; however so long as there are creditors they can take control of the club if the payments are not kept up. You will also find that 10000 Hours (fan interpretation) can vote to take out debt against the assets of the club. The only way to avoid these risks is for a strong fan membership to be maintained with ultra-solid due dilligence on all of the Boards.

You need to stop hugging the comfort pillows of lazy soundbites and get in about the detail of the CIC. Anyone considering signing up and then cancelling should be named and shamed and taken out and whipped with hoses.

If you wish to amend your direct debit amount there are two ways to go about it;

1) Log in to your GoCardless account at www.gocardless.com. Login is with the email address you used when signing up and the password you chose. If you can't remember the password then there is a forgotten password link. Then one logged in you can cancel your existing direct debit by just clicking the cancel button next to it. Once you have done that go back to the 10000hours.org website and sign up again, selecting a different direct debit amount and using your existing GoCardless account which has all your details already in.

OR

2) Email [email protected] and we will ask GoCardless to simply edit your instruction and amend your amount. We need the email to come from the same address that you used when signing up originally, and GoCardless will also email you directly to confirm the amendment. Important obviously to note that 10000hours themselves cannot just randomly go in and start changing direct debit amounts !!

Cheers Div, that was easier than I expected, literally took one minute.

eta, I did it the first way.

Edited by buddienixon

OR

Thanks will send 10000hours email this morning. Tbat seems easier option. Only an extra £5 per month but every little will help.

The £7k barrier has been broken, brilliant work !

£7085 now in the system, 94% of the way towards our target. Need 42 sign ups today and then hopefully they keep coming.

Reaching the target, and exceeding it, means the fans have shown their commitment, we will have done our bit.

Really amazed at the way everyone has pulled together the last 2 days. Long way to go yet but we have a real good chance IMO.

Is it possible for the fans to get a name change of the CiC to Fans To Own Football?

With 10000 Hours looking to diversify I'd imagine they'd need to name this delivery arm and why not Fans To Own Football or anything else the members may wish to submit for that matter.

I hear you Gary but this is a club who have been trying to leave Scottish Football for England not giving a f**k about the rest of us.

I say f**kem.

Who cares if we have to half our playing budget as a result. I'd rather we were relegated in 2 consecutive seasons as a result than let them back in.

All clubs would need to cut their wage bill accordingly so it wouldn't be that bad, it would just be as even a playing field as it is right now but with a slightly poorer standard.

This could actually make a 16 team league more likely outcome also.

f**kem.

Agree totally with this.

The other point I'd make is that it's oft suggested that the SPL clubs would let the Currant Buns back in with changes to the voting system, prize money distributions etc. The question has to be - what do people expect would happen if they were told where to go and it was Dundee or Dunfermline taking their place? Suddenly 11-1 votes to change things, things such as the above, as desired by the 'diddy clubs' look a lot more likely do they not? By the time the Blue Bigots got their way back up to the top flight, they could find it a very different SPL indeed. That's why I'm convinced their Green cousins will vote to keep them - the other 11 would rightly shaft them as well. fish.gif