Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

Well thats me just sat down after my usual day of popping pills, doctors appointments and shopping for one. After another days of chores designed to keep me alive for another 24hrs I have only just sat down at my beloved laptop and taken the first opportunity to log onto 10000hrs.

Firstly I wish to state how pleased and proud I am that a sizable section of the Paisley public (and beyond) has demonstrated the commitment required to make and exceed the target. Fantastic news and well done to all who pledged, I for one am proud of you!

Secondly I wish to take this opportunity to congratulate Mr Atkinson and all involved with the 10000hrs bid. Despite all the setbacks you have shown true determination and ability to get to this stage. Well done indeed.

Thirdly (and Lastly) I wish to encourage as many of you who have still to pledge to sit down, fill out the mandate and commit to this. The more the merrier.

Surely now this deal is close to be getting done, lets give it that final push..........

Edited to add: A special mention for Div. His hard work and expert use of his interweb skills have certianly helped 10000hrs get this far. We are lucky to have a supporter amongst us who is willing to work so hard for the club (the club being the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co).

Div deserves a great deal of credit from all of the 10000hours team for his help in getting where we are now. It is not over yet there is still a good bit of the journey left so keep pledging and keep at those you know that have not yet engaged in this process and encourage them to at least consider what is trying to be done.

There are still many people who have not yet made a decision...we have the weekend to get the numbers we need.

Have a great weekend and 10000 Thanks!

Each block of 25 individuals signing on for £10 a month covers 1 x 87 Club member for example.

Okay so if my maths is correct, and I'd like to think that it is, then:

For every £83.33 per month (or £1k per year) subscribed to the ordinary members category we need £1k less to come upfront from the 1877 and 87 member categories. Is that what 10000hours are basing their numbers on?

We needed the following upfront from those categories based on the original £7.5k per month target:

1877 club - £25k x 9 members = £261k

AND

87 club - £3k x 87 members = £225k

I think that based on this week's momentum we can realistically get to £10000 per month in ordinary member subscriptions by Monday, that equates to around £30k per year more from ordinary members than the target was set at and therefore £30k less required upfront from the 87 and 1877 clubs. It'd be great to know if that'll be enough.

Difficult to measure at the moment, lots of enquiries now coming in about 87 club in particular, and some members asking about changing from standard to 87 Club.

This won't drift on, the numbers will be finalised on Monday and a bid will be submitted based on whatever is in place.

There is great reason to be very positive about today's news, but the deal isnt done yet !

Despite concerns I have raised in the past weeks and months about many areas of this takeover (relating to both 10000Hours and the outgoing consortium) I've renewed my DDI.

At the very least I think that all the rank and file individual members should get a free pie and bovril at the first home game after the takeover - or will we instead get to "fast-track" the non-CiC members at the pie stalls in the WB?

FTOF and SRTB's!

Good news, you will have a lot to offer 10000Hours mate.

I hear Steven McGarry has signed up to the CIC. Let's hope he is encouraging Billy Mehmet and coach Ian Ferguson to do the same.

Fergie already meets the criteria for honorary membership of the '87 club and regardless of the abuse he has taken from many Saints fans over the years I believe he holds a genuine affection for his time at Saints so maybe he might be convinced to join up.

One of the first things that the members bar should be used for is having a Friday "Legends" night - perhaps hold one every 4 weeks, where the rank and file support get a chance to hear some of the stories from two invited guests - one with a St Mirren background and one from the after dinner circuit.

I recently had an opportunity to hear John Gahagan at a charity do and he was superb. With a good audience contributing the bar from early on, raffles, and some sausage rolls thrown in for good measure it could be a great way to generate funds on a regular basis to pay off the BII debt far earlier.

It would also give me a great excuse to get out of the house on a Friday night.

correct me if i am wrong but is the proposed bar not open to everyone whether a cic member or not, because as far as i recall it's for everyone, but that 87 club members can get priority service

The current spec has the void capable of holding 600 on matchday, so it won't be possible to accommodate everyone in there. That said it will be busier some games than others, and it would seem daft that punters would be kept outside of a bar that was half empty.

Guess it will be one for the members to decide a policy on !

The current spec has the void capable of holding 600 on matchday, so it won't be possible to accommodate everyone in there. That said it will be busier some games than others, and it would seem daft that punters would be kept outside of a bar that was half empty.

Guess it will be one for the members to decide a policy on !

thanks, i'll watch for that policy vote

Difficult to measure at the moment, lots of enquiries now coming in about 87 club in particular, and some members asking about changing from standard to 87 Club.

Good to hear that Div, I know RA(?) said that a lot of business investors were holding off until they saw if the fans were interested enough, given our last minute surge I was worried we'd left it a bit late.

Ive been fairly quiet on this subject of late as discussing it on here with any hope of sense has at times been difficult.

I am In.

I encourage everyone with the best interests of our club at heart to get in on this and to get in on it NOW!

As Div (forum username of our moderator, the man known in the real world as David McDonald) said, the bid may not be perfect but

IT CAN BE RESHAPED FROM WITHIN

To have a say in the running of our club, to be able to cast a vote, to be able to speak on any matter concerning the Saint Mirren professional football club with the knowledge that "you tried", then you need to complete your direct debit mandate and you need to complete it tonight.

The time for nonsense is over, the time for action is upon us.

Take it from a very old man like me, in life the biggest regrets you will have are the things you DID NOT DO rather than what you did.

Sign up tonight, lets make this work and lets ensure the future of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

Please do not let some of the nonsense spouted on here put you off. This is a one time chance and I sincerely hope that together we take it.

Ive been fairly quiet on this subject of late as discussing it on here with any hope of sense has at times been difficult.

I am In.

I encourage everyone with the best interests of our club at heart to get in on this and to get in on it NOW!

As Div (forum username of our moderator, the man known in the real world as David McDonald) said, the bid may not be perfect but

IT CAN BE RESHAPED FROM WITHIN

To have a say in the running of our club, to be able to cast a vote, to be able to speak on any matter concerning the Saint Mirren professional football club with the knowledge that "you tried", then you need to complete your direct debit mandate and you need to complete it tonight.

The time for nonsense is over, the time for action is upon us.

Take it from a very old man like me, in life the biggest regrets you will have are the things you DID NOT DO rather than what you did.

Sign up tonight, lets make this work and lets ensure the future of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

Please do not let some of the nonsense spouted on here put you off. This is a one time chance and I sincerely hope that together we take it.

I like the cut of your gib. I'm in as well

Super Saints - I agree with most of this post. Look the reality is that you are right. You are getting nothing tangible for your money and in the main you will only get an odd vote every now and again either at elections, or when there is a contentious decision to be made for Scottish Football where a group of members have petitioned the board to call an EGM.

I suggested membership perks ages ago - and specifically suggested free car parking for members only to be told that it may be a possibility but that it would be a decision for the elected football board because they would have to deal with loss of revenue to the playing budget. Look at the response on here when Sid suggested a £20 discount on season tickets for members or even the reaction when details emerged of the 1877 club where people are paying £25k for a St Mirren suit - there were still some complaining that this was money coming out of the club budget to fund the CIC.

Maybe once everything is in place there will be membership perks. I still think it should be entirely possible to do it in a way that doesn't affect playing budget anyway - after all that's what Clyde do - but as will always be the case it's going to be down to those on the member and club boards and members like me will have to hope that they've got the vision to see a bigger picture.

You are suggesting that the CIC use the club's facilities and take money out the club - at the expense of the other 48% of shareholders and the supporters - in order to fund the purchase of their 52% of shares and line the pockets of Stewart Gilmour & Co?

Edited by Jeremiah Cole

Great. Can he attend the SPL Newco meeting?

I had to do it for him. He's got e-mail, but a complicated banking set-up wink.png

I was waiting on his text to come through and instruct me to go ahead and do it for him. Didn't come through until 10pm (he'd been out for a meal), with the words "Don't forget to sign me up. Can't see Tony and not be signed up !"

( I think those two will be knocking around the same old folk's ward in 40 years time - friendship goes back to c.1970 !!)

In the meantime, he raised the point that if Celtic or Rangers went down this CiC route, with the sizes & geographical spread of their support & facilities, then "They wouldn't be in the mess they are in now.......... It must be too clever for them" clap.gif

Hopefully some more good news on Billy in the next week or so.