Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

Feared the worst when we were at 62% on Tuesday. The past 48 hours so have been ...... incredible. Great credit has to go to Div for marshalling this from the website and spreading the word on Twitter and elsewhere.

Yes, it's a step into the unknown and we can't quite be sure where this is going to lead. However, that's what happens when you're doing something revolutionary. That's what this is! The first top flight club in the UK to be controlled by its fans.

COYS!

Tony Evans just re-tweeted to 46,000+ followrs again. Good guy, and proper old school Liverpool fan. Used to be in The Farm ! (Before they made it).

Tony told me that this is exactly the sort of model that Liverpool should be addressing, combining their strong local roots, with global fanbase. Good to Saints are trailblazers, and ahead of LFC thumbup2.gif

You are suggesting that the CIC use the club's facilities and take money out the club - at the expense of the other 48% of shareholders and the supporters - in order to fund the purchase of their 52% of shares and line the pockets of Stewart Gilmour & Co?

Ah I see you are yet another Grammarian who left school without comprehension skills. rolleyes.gif

If you read my post again you will see that I have identified a CIC currently in existence where membership perks are offered that won't cost either the football club or the CIC a single penny. However even if there was a perk - say like a free football top - it still wouldn't need to come out of the playing budget. All you would need to do is structure payment for the perk to ensure the football club is compensated by the CIC for the goods that it is using.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Some fantastic Twitter action tonigh ladies and gents. Credit to Richard, Div, et al. Let's get the word spread far and wide. We should ensure there are substantial articles in all of the the Sunday's this week, and I don't just mean copies of the Asociated Press release.

I'm sure GMac will be on the case for his paper, what about the others? What about Sportsound?

Yes there is an element of "we are going into the unknown" but as has been already stated this is really positive stuff - fact that St Mirren are leading the way on fan based ownership is something we should be shouting about thumbup2.gif

Great to see members are still signing up.

The member subs are now at £8810 per month, which is 17% over the original target figure.

Those subscriptions have come from 743 individuals members, so we still have plenty of room for growth.

Momentum seems to be the key word. I've spoken to many people who were holding off on signing up until they were more convinced that it would all actually happen - which is perfectly understandable. As momentum was gained it seems that a few more people took the plunge, which lead to others, then others...

Can I add my virtual back-slap to Div too? Although I'm sure he's a web designer on his granny's side... The boy did good. Heh, heh.

Despite concerns I have raised in the past weeks and months about many areas of this takeover (relating to both 10000Hours and the outgoing consortium) I've renewed my DDI.

At the very least I think that all the rank and file individual members should get a free pie and bovril at the first home game after the takeover - or will we instead get to "fast-track" the non-CiC members at the pie stalls in the WB?

FTOF and SRTB's!

Would the cost of a free pie and Bovril come from CIC coffers or from St. Mirren's?

Some fantastic Twitter action tonigh ladies and gents. Credit to Richard, Div, et al. Let's get the word spread far and wide. We should ensure there are substantial articles in all of the the Sunday's this week, and I don't just mean copies of the Asociated Press release.

I'm sure GMac will be on the case for his paper, what about the others? What about Sportsound?

Yes Chick will be over the moonwhistling.gif

Ah I see you are yet another Grammarian who left school without comprehension skills. rolleyes.gif

I knew you lacked comprehension skills but didn't realise you went to the Grammar. Good that you acknowledge your deficiencies however.

If you read my post again you will see that I have identified a CIC currently in existence where membership perks are offered that won't cost either the football club or the CIC a single penny. However even if there was a perk - say like a free football top - it still wouldn't need to come out of the playing budget. All you would need to do is structure payment for the perk to ensure the football club is compensated by the CIC for the goods that it is using.

If I read your post again I'll see that you quite clearly haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Offering "membership" perks for CIC members will either need to be paid for by the CIC, thus reducing the CIC's income or paid for by the club, thus shafting the club itself, the other 48% of shareholders and the supporters.

Eiether way, "membership" perks is a ridiculous idea. But then again, that's what I'd expect from you.

I knew you lacked comprehension skills but didn't realise you went to the Grammar. Good that you acknowledge your deficiencies however.

If I read your post again I'll see that you quite clearly haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Offering "membership" perks for CIC members will either need to be paid for by the CIC, thus reducing the CIC's income or paid for by the club, thus shafting the club itself, the other 48% of shareholders and the supporters.

Eiether way, "membership" perks is a ridiculous idea. But then again, that's what I'd expect from you.

I went to Penilee....it's a miracle I can read....

Anyway you are quite frankly wrong. Membership Perks can be offered quite easily without depleting either the CIC or the club funds as the Clyde and Stenhourmuir CIC clearly shows. There are many social enterprise funded organisations that would be happy to offer member discounts, and there will also be corporate members with the 10000hours organisation that will be looking to tap into the membership for business.

YES

Approx £100K but depends on some of the finishes. The desire is to put some high quality AV in the fit out so that it works well for music.

Once the Cost of the fit out has been ammortized the CIC will then pay a full commercial rent to the Club for the space. This is a well established commercial procedure that a normal landlord may undertake when renting an unfurnished space to a tennent which the tennant then improves in exchange for an initial peppercorn rent.