Why Leave Mr Gilmour?

bazil85

A thought has been going round in my mind for sometime about the worry of putting the club back into debt with the takeover bid. So just looking for some comments on it, it may be a non issue if the current board can't be persuaded to stay under any circumstances. Why wouldn't Gilmour and Co want to stay on and keep the £10 a month pledge, 87 club and non exec deals available? All proceeds could then be invested directly back into our debt free club for continual growth and increased revenue? Fans have already commited to support with these funds so would mean :- Greater income for the current board, greater funds for the commercial side of the club and more money for Danny Lennon to spend. Just a thought....

Hmm if I had a business with a client base that were willing to give me an extra £10500 a month to invest would i walk away for 1 and a half mil..... Probably not.

You use the word invest.

When folk normally invest they look for a return.

When you buy a small amount of St. Mirren shares or put £10 a month into your football team then the return you are looking for is the betterment of your football team.

If you invested tens of thousands of pounds and a big part of your life you may be looking for a monetary return.

You use the word invest.

When folk normally invest they look for a return.

When you buy a small amount of St. Mirren shares or put £10 a month into your football team then the return you are looking for is the betterment of your football team.

If you invested tens of thousands of pounds and a big part of your life you may be looking for a monetary return.

As the current deal stands all our money would be going towards loan repayments, I would consider it a return in my investment if my £10 a month went towards bettering St Mirren football club. I like all others willing to pay the direct debit wouldn't be expecting a financial return. I feel if it went through this way the return would be in football terms and would stay away from being plunged back into debt. Do you not think?

The consortium have had enough. They had had enough over two years ago when they put their shares up for sale, so I'm assuming they've had enough of having enough for two years on top of having had enough in the first instance.

The club is not going into debt.

There are no gaurantees that it won't. The 52% shareholding, which is the controlling interest in the club is going into debt to the tune of £1.5M+. The controlling interest in the club is effectively the club. The stadium might not have a charge directly on it relating to the debt - but make no mistake, where there is debt there is risk.

Trying to sweep £1.5Million worth of debt does no one any favours Thorizaar - let's keep the information being supplied to fans as real as possible rather than trying to sweep reality under the carpet with marketing soundbites.

Aw i was hopeful i might get at least one other person thinking it was a good idea, I'm pretty happy with a die hard St Mirren board and would be delighted if they stayed and very very happy to keep my £10 D/D set up... O well away back to my corner. thumbdown.gif

Aw i was hopeful i might get at least one other person thinking it was a good idea, I'm pretty happy with a die hard St Mirren board and would be delighted if they stayed and very very happy to keep my £10 D/D set up... O well away back to my corner. thumbdown.gif

I like the idea too bazil85. Apparently some fans refused to sign up to 10000 Hours if any of the existing consortium stayed involved. That is a real shame as I don't think that would reflect the majorities point of view. The news that none were to be involved was another reason for some concerns about what is actually driving this CIC. This was another change from the original CIC were the consortium were going to reinvest and become corporate members. That would have given us a good, balance of experience and fan representation, plus some comfort in knowing that people that went the extra mile for the club would be involved. Now we have an SMFC BoD that we barely know. A complete fracture from the current BoD is a mistake in my opinion. It is madness to ditch all that experience and trust.

It might be a good idea had the 5 of them had 6 figure sums to just throw away and not want anything back...I'm not sure about all of them, but by all accounts Ms Purves wasn't happy about her husband putting money in anyway, George Campbell has already had a heart attack and the others will no doubt have impacted upon their homes, personal savings and businesses in order to keep Saint Mirren afloat and progressing past Love Street and in to the new ground. Maybe they've already seen some of it back, who knows, but I'm pretty sure the price isn't too bad considering what the CIC (us all included remember) gets to utilise and build on.

It might be a good idea had the 5 of them had 6 figure sums to just throw away and not want anything back...I'm not sure about all of them, but by all accounts Ms Purves wasn't happy about her husband putting money in anyway, George Campbell has already had a heart attack and the others will no doubt have impacted upon their homes, personal savings and businesses in order to keep Saint Mirren afloat and progressing past Love Street and in to the new ground. Maybe they've already seen some of it back, who knows, but I'm pretty sure the price isn't too bad considering what the CIC (us all included remember) gets to utilise and build on.

Who knows its a good point but if all options the CIC have in place still stood and the existing board kept them all in place to generate income instead of selling the club to someone else, would they not still be getting the 1.5 million invested into the club? they are all good business people I know its something i would consider and i know the majority of St Mirren fans would be willing to follow through on their pledges for this board that have done a lot for St Mirren.

Who knows its a good point but if all options the CIC have in place still stood and the existing board kept them all in place to generate income instead of selling the club to someone else, would they not still be getting the 1.5 million invested into the club? they are all good business people I know its something i would consider and i know the majority of St Mirren fans would be willing to follow through on their pledges for this board that have done a lot for St Mirren.

Bazil - if they were taking an income from the club, or there was a good dividend payment I'd understand your point. But all the board positions at St Mirren are unpaid and voluntary, and the club hasn't turned any significant profit in 13 years, never mind considered paying dividends.

Gilmour and co have an opportunity to grab some cash before the uncertain future begins in an SPL without Rangers.

Everyone knows I've got no respect for Gilmour, McAusland and co, but I have to admit to some grudging admiration for the way they've been able to hold a gun to St Mirren supporters heads, demanding £1.5m or else, and threatening to sell the club to some shady Johnny Foreigner over the summer just to get the shares off their hands and still have fans like you posting about their undying love for them. bangin.gif

I like the idea too bazil85. Apparently some fans refused to sign up to 10000 Hours if any of the existing consortium stayed involved. That is a real shame as I don't think that would reflect the majorities point of view. The news that none were to be involved was another reason for some concerns about what is actually driving this CIC. This was another change from the original CIC were the consortium were going to reinvest and become corporate members. That would have given us a good, balance of experience and fan representation, plus some comfort in knowing that people that went the extra mile for the club would be involved. Now we have an SMFC BoD that we barely know. A complete fracture from the current BoD is a mistake in my opinion. It is madness to ditch all that experience and trust.

I have not pledged to the 10,000 hours because I dnt like the look of it, I would however be happy to pledge my £10 a month if the current board wanted to stay or a new board came on board and asked for the pledges to make the club run better not to actualy service the debts required to buy the club!

Bazil - if they were taking an income from the club, or there was a good dividend payment I'd understand your point. But all the board positions at St Mirren are unpaid and voluntary, and the club hasn't turned any significant profit in 13 years, never mind considered paying dividends.

Gilmour and co have an opportunity to grab some cash before the uncertain future begins in an SPL without Rangers.

Everyone knows I've got no respect for Gilmour, McAusland and co, but I have to admit to some grudging admiration for the way they've been able to hold a gun to St Mirren supporters heads, demanding £1.5m or else, and threatening to sell the club to some shady Johnny Foreigner over the summer just to get the shares off their hands and still have fans like you posting about their undying love for them. bangin.gif

I do feel we could do a lot worse than the current board at the club. I also have confidence they would lead St Mirren forward and the money people are pledging for a loan or whatever we want to call it i feel our current board could put it to better use and inturn increase their own personal income.

It's not a bad idea I would love to see out tenner go direct to Danny. But that's not going to happen

I do feel we could do a lot worse than the current board at the club. I also have confidence they would lead St Mirren forward and the money people are pledging for a loan or whatever we want to call it i feel our current board could put it to better use and inturn increase their own personal income.

If they were being as philanthropic as you seem to think they are then why not give the shares away for nothing and let 10000hours use the £10 per month subs to increase the playing budget?

The fact is they want their cash out of the club and they are trying to rush this through because by August their shares will be utterly worthless and it's highly unlikely they'll ever find a buyer.

If they were being as philanthropic as you seem to think they are then why not give the shares away for nothing and let 10000hours use the £10 per month subs to increase the playing budget?

The fact is they want their cash out of the club and they are trying to rush this through because by August their shares will be utterly worthless and it's highly unlikely they'll ever find a buyer.

I've got nothing against them making money of the club it is a business afterall, this post was simply an idea I wanted to put forward to the St Mirren fans to see the thoughts on it. I don't think anyone would expect them to bow out for nothing or else I would bid for the club myself.

I've got nothing against them making money of the club it is a business afterall, this post was simply an idea I wanted to put forward to the St Mirren fans to see the thoughts on it. I don't think anyone would expect them to bow out for nothing or else I would bid for the club myself.

You wouldn't expect them to bow out and take nothing, but you expect them to pass up the opportunity of £1.5m to stay on and run the club indefinitely for nothing - spending all those £10.00s on Danny Lennons playing budget. bangin.gif

Shy of putting stockings over their head these five are dipping your pockets at gunpoint and you are still posting love notes to them. You've got to admire that kind of bare face cheek. lol.gif

You wouldn't expect them to bow out and take nothing, but you expect them to pass up the opportunity of £1.5m to stay on and run the club indefinitely for nothing - spending all those £10.00s on Danny Lennons playing budget. bangin.gif

Shy of putting stockings over their head these five are dipping your pockets at gunpoint and you are still posting love notes to them. You've got to admire that kind of bare face cheek. lol.gif

I don't know where this nothing is coming from? I'm not asking them to stay on for nothing? A lot can be done with an extra 10k income plus individuals and companys willing to put forward 3k and 25k for different levels of benefits. I'm still all for the fan voting and sharing the power but behind a vehicle that I trust.... The current board.

Says the guy whose own cash is going straight into Gilmour's back pocket! :lol:

He's laughing at you Stuart - laughing all the way to the bank with your money! :lol:

I don't know where this nothing is coming from? I'm not asking them to stay on for nothing? A lot can be done with an extra 10k income plus individuals and companys willing to put forward 3k and 25k for different levels of benefits. I'm still all for the fan voting and sharing the power but behind a vehicle that I trust.... The current board.

Although completely out of the question, I thought the first post was a cute idea. However this last post has completely got me baffled!!! Please, explain what it is that you want... The old BoD to stay on getting paid with the DD contributions to do nothing cos the fans will run the club?

What will the old BoD do if the fans run the club? What say will the fans have if the old BoD run the club? How can the old BoD get paid from the membership fees AND have the same fees use to boost the player budget?

As you can see, I'm struggling to come to grips with this - help!

Although completely out of the question, I thought the first post was a cute idea. However this last post has completely got me baffled!!! Please, explain what it is that you want... The old BoD to stay on getting paid with the DD contributions to do nothing cos the fans will run the club?

What will the old BoD do if the fans run the club? What say will the fans have if the old BoD run the club? How can the old BoD get paid from the membership fees AND have the same fees use to boost the player budget?

As you can see, I'm struggling to come to grips with this - help!

i think we're possibly reading to much into this idea that will never come to anymore than a simple idea. The current board in charge of our club I am very happy with I don't imagine as it stands they're making no money at all out of St Mirren. My idea which I thought was a relatively simple one would be to keep the board as it stands (not needing to buy their shares or pay the 1.5 million to them) see if they would be willing to use all the money that we would be raising to buy the club instead to invest and move St Mirren forward.... The benefit to the board would be increased revenew to build the team and make it as profitable as possible going forward. the 1 D/D 1 vote could be something still introduced.

bazil throws out an alternative idea and it is shat upon in seconds with the usual suspects not giving it an ounce of consideration. This time tomorrow there may be no CIC and it will be back to the drawing BoD. I see no harm in considering alternative offers that could be made to the current BoD. Get GLS back in with whoever wants to stay in from the large shareholders. Young Mr Atkinson and his group all make a proper investment in the club. SMiSA weigh in with their £50K and get representation on the BoD. Before you know it we have a St Mirren dream team with cash going into the club rather than out of it.

10000 Hours got over two years to fiddle with their proposals and they are now completely different to what they started out with. If this all goes pete tong tomorrow the fans need a plan b rather than just accepting the new foreign owners.