Why Leave Mr Gilmour?

bazil85

I don't know where this nothing is coming from? I'm not asking them to stay on for nothing? A lot can be done with an extra 10k income plus individuals and companys willing to put forward 3k and 25k for different levels of benefits. I'm still all for the fan voting and sharing the power but behind a vehicle that I trust.... The current board.

So where do they get the £1.5m they currently stand to make?

They don't earn any money, the shares are pretty much worthless now anyway if Rangers aren't in the SPL and there's no TV deal and they'll be worth even less if the consortium breaks, They would have to pocket every penny of the money coming in for their own personal gain which is what they are doing anyway and there would still be absolutely no benefit to the football team. I'm not sure why you can't see this but I suppose love really is blind. :rolleyes:

i think we're possibly reading to much into this idea that will never come to anymore than a simple idea. The current board in charge of our club I am very happy with I don't imagine as it stands they're making no money at all out of St Mirren. My idea which I thought was a relatively simple one would be to keep the board as it stands (not needing to buy their shares or pay the 1.5 million to them) see if they would be willing to use all the money that we would be raising to buy the club instead to invest and move St Mirren forward.... The benefit to the board would be increased revenew to build the team and make it as profitable as possible going forward. the 1 D/D 1 vote could be something still introduced.

All of this is a grand idea bud, and if it was at all remotely likely, I'd back it to the hilt. Sadly, the current BoD - well the consortium members of - have had it and want out. That has been the case for years, I can't see anything changing that.

On the topic of renumeration, I think they may get expenses covered. That is all that the club pays them.

Your last sentence still confuses me, if the old BoD are in, eha role would they have in a OMOV system? Or alternatively, what will members get to vote on if the BoD are running the club?

bazil throws out an alternative idea and it is shat upon in seconds with the usual suspects not giving it an ounce of consideration. This time tomorrow there may be no CIC and it will be back to the drawing BoD. I see no harm in considering alternative offers that could be made to the current BoD. Get GLS back in with whoever wants to stay in from the large shareholders. Young Mr Atkinson and his group all make a proper investment in the club. SMiSA weigh in with their £50K and get representation on the BoD. Before you know it we have a St Mirren dream team with cash going into the club rather than out of it.

10000 Hours got over two years to fiddle with their proposals and they are now completely different to what they started out with. If this all goes pete tong tomorrow the fans need a plan b rather than just accepting the new foreign owners.

I'm a "usual suspect" today Sid - yet yesterday so said I was an oddball. :rolleyes:

Come on you know what Bazil is posting is never going to fly. Apart from the fact that the consortium five are desperate to get out and have promised to sell the club no matter what, and apart from the fact that the consortium five are donning Dick Turpin gear currently, he's come up with absolutely nothing to suggest that the money being put in could ever be used for the team.

bazil throws out an alternative idea and it is shat upon in seconds with the usual suspects not giving it an ounce of consideration. This time tomorrow there may be no CIC and it will be back to the drawing BoD. I see no harm in considering alternative offers that could be made to the current BoD. Get GLS back in with whoever wants to stay in from the large shareholders. Young Mr Atkinson and his group all make a proper investment in the club. SMiSA weigh in with their £50K and get representation on the BoD. Before you know it we have a St Mirren dream team with cash going into the club rather than out of it.

10000 Hours got over two years to fiddle with their proposals and they are now completely different to what they started out with. If this all goes pete tong tomorrow the fans need a plan b rather than just accepting the new foreign owners.

More mischief-making from you sonny Jim! Who has shat on his idea? Also, I agree an alternative is desirable but at this 11th hour, there is no chance of one. It's 10000 Hours or Johnny Foreigner - I have chosen my side of the fence and you yours. It's now a waiting game :)

All of this is a grand idea bud, and if it was at all remotely likely, I'd back it to the hilt. Sadly, the current BoD - well the consortium members of - have had it and want out. That has been the case for years, I can't see anything changing that.

On the topic of renumeration, I think they may get expenses covered. That is all that the club pays them.

Your last sentence still confuses me, if the old BoD are in, eha role would they have in a OMOV system? Or alternatively, what will members get to vote on if the BoD are running the club?

You seem to be flapping like f"k on this thread ktf. Chillax Bud, the deal is nearly done. We're just chewing the cud over what options there me be should 10000 Hours fall on their arse at the last hurdle - YET AGAIN!!!!

You seem to be flapping like f"k on this thread ktf. Chillax Bud, the deal is nearly done. We're just chewing the cud over what options there me be should 10000 Hours fall on their arse at the last hurdle - YET AGAIN!!!!

I'm not flapping... SID :P

Simply keen to explore Bazil's idea, at the moment it seems Faulty !

As Churchill once said, "the best argument against democracy is a conversation with the average voter."

I think the OMOV system could still be applied (after all for £10 a month I think its something we would deserve) However i admit would be a lot of shades of grey about what decisions we would be voting on and thats not something i could supply an answer on. Right now just an idea to, if you like merge what the CIC want to do with the current BoD if that makes more sense? haha

I'm a "usual suspect" today Sid - yet yesterday so said I was an oddball. rolleyes.gif

Come on you know what Bazil is posting is never going to fly. Apart from the fact that the consortium five are desperate to get out and have promised to sell the club no matter what, and apart from the fact that the consortium five are donning Dick Turpin gear currently, he's come up with absolutely nothing to suggest that the money being put in could ever be used for the team.

A lot of knickerwtting going on in this thread now. Surely well worth a bit of idle debate. I happen to know that certain members of the consortium do not want to be frozen out of SMFC. Not all of them want to take ALL of the money and run. Say REA mans up and uses his own cash to get into the club - he buys Purves shares for example. Chris Stewart who is waltzing into the club - has he got any of his own cash he could invest in shares. I actually like the sound of a Board comprising SG, McAusland, GLS, REA, Chris Stewart.....for the fans investment we get the bold Tony F on board plus some SRTBs....and SMiSA gets to weigh in with their £50K and a place on the Board to boot - if they even want it. Surely worthy of a discussion - imagine if all the parties all got together in a room with fans to discuss the possibilities....once all the vested interests are out of the way of course.

A lot of knickerwtting going on in this thread now. Surely well worth a bit of idle debate. I happen to know that certain members of the consortium do not want to be frozen out of SMFC. Not all of them want to take ALL of the money and run. Say REA mans up and uses his own cash to get into the club - he buys Purves shares for example. Chris Stewart who is waltzing into the club - has he got any of his own cash he could invest in shares. I actually like the sound of a Board comprising SG, McAusland, GLS, REA, Chris Stewart.....for the fans investment we get the bold Tony F on board plus some SRTBs....and SMiSA gets to weigh in with their £50K and a place on the Board to boot - if they even want it. Surely worthy of a discussion - imagine if all the parties all got together in a room with fans to discuss the possibilities....once all the vested interests are out of the way of course.

Some semblance of sense from you, at last!

Ye its just a bit of chat right now, if the 10000 hours goes through then it'll be a non issue if not, well all the other options need to be considered I guess. I really don't want owners that we no nothing about. thumbdown.gif

Aw i was hopeful i might get at least one other person thinking it was a good idea, I'm pretty happy with a die hard St Mirren board and would be delighted if they stayed and very very happy to keep my £10 D/D set up... O well away back to my corner. thumbdown.gif

I think it is a brilliant idea.

If someone was able to come in and buy the club outright(Sadly not able to myself) keeping the CIC type set up as an income stream looks a much better prospect than it is at present to service the debt of purchase.

If I ever won enough on the lottery I would do that.

I think it is a brilliant idea.

If someone was able to come in and buy the club outright(Sadly not able to myself) keeping the CIC type set up as an income stream looks a much better prospect than it is at present to service the debt of purchase.

If I ever won enough on the lottery I would do that.

Bought a ticket for tonight. whistling.gif

Everyone knows I've got no respect for Gilmour, McAusland and co, but I have to admit to some grudging admiration for the way they've been able to hold a gun to St Mirren supporters heads, demanding £1.5m or else, and threatening to sell the club to some shady Johnny Foreigner over the summer

There have been potential buyers in the past from abroad who the board of directors have rejected as they want the safety and security of the club to remain intact and want the club to remain debt free. Even if 10,000 hours bid failed I doubt they would sell the club to some shady character/organisation from overseas as they have put too much of their own money and effort in over the years to let the club get f**ked over by anyone. Claiming back their money is important, but securing a safe investor to take over the club is also a must.

Do you really think that the CIC supporters would be prepared to continue to give money to someone who wants to buy the club? If so, your mind is much more devious than even I thought.

It depends on what they propose to do with the money and secondly what they are prepared to negotiate with the fans on. None of the £1.5million is going into SMFC. The only thing the fans will own is the debt. Under the 10000 Hours model the fans pay for the change of ownership, but only really end up owning the debt. The new owner gets to control the BoD only he will have paid for the right to do that. Our new controller of the BoD is not putting anything in and there's a whole line of people getting paid off by the fans debt....and beyond.

Ithink you will find more fans that turn up week in week out would be prepared to invest money into a scheme that would put money into the club and deliver fan empowerment. That might not be on offer - but if I were tabling a bid to the consortium I would be looking at that £10K per month and thinking of ways to build it into a deal "that has the best interests of the club at heart".

What if the bidders are coming into this with a £5Million budget - our £10K per month could be used for all manner of fan led projects. Might be nonsense - the fact is we have no idea what the other bids actually are. My gut feel is that they probably don't exist and this is all academic.

£10K per month and fans get to decide what and where it gets spent on --- new players, supporters bar, half time go-go dancers, supporters buses.....10000 Hours have already spent our cash on paying off the consortium and future payments to shareholders for the next ten years - we'll get no say on what it gets spent on......and we'll actually get asked to pay more as it doesn't quite cover the debt.

The money the support have shown as being willing to put in should be a big hitter in any takeover deal. The current BoD staying on for myself would be best case scenario but should the right buyer come in with their own money to invest also I would be willing to keep doing my monthly contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm a tiny bit of chat about a similar idea going on now in the general board.... Think it would be a big help

As I've already posted on page 1 of this thread mate, SG et al WANT out. They reiterated loud and clear on Tuesday night.

I suspect they might hang around a little longer to help steady the ship in turbulent times, but they are for the off, and who would blame them?

A better way of putting it would be to say Mr Gilmour has been to hell and back on more than one occasion. He is no spring chicken and does not need the stress levels he has been going through at his age. I’ve seen Mr Gilmour a few times at games, his body language suggests to me a man who is tiered. Now he says he will stay on for one more year.

SG is the biggest St Mirren legend in my life time since going to watch the club starting date 1967.

There are 1½ million reasons why not.................

I wish one of us could win the Euro Millions ! - I'd pay the board off and turn the club over to a community membership !

In return I'd be playing centre mid with strict intructions for the team to 'play the ball thru me' !!cloud9.gif (ala valderama for columbia thumbdown.gif )

Oh well one can dream - and it is a beautiful dream. - minus the valderama haircut and the woeful performances that would no doubt occur!