Joint Statement By 10000Hours And Selling Consortium

div

So the information released today.....

1. 10,000 hours (with its 984 St Mirren fans) are very close to concluding a deal to buy the club. That's what most of us want.

2. Those 984 St Mirren fans will have a direct say in whether the blue bigots are in the SPL next season. That's what most of us want.

Why all the gnashing of teeth?

Nope, the information released today is that there the offer from 10000 Hours is conditional....which basically means there are doubts about whether it will work in the current climate. On top of that we have the conditions being explained as SMFC going into administration within 4/5 months depending on what happens with the SKY deal.

There's no gnashing of teeth...just some very justifiable cause for concern. The last thing we should be doing at this stage is sweeping concerns under the carpet just because it doesn't sit well with whichever side of the fence your sitting on.

Very disappointed to read that and makes me wonder why I am bothering spending all this time and effort on this and the bid to be honest !

I'm away now to try and do some work as I've done nothing but St.Mirren stuff this week and sadly that isn't going to pay any bills.

Over and out !

I’m not trying to noise you up David what I’m trying to say is you’re the one man we all look to for straight honest talking. Speculation is in overdrive because of the answers we are given.You’re a top man to all of us and a lot has been put on your shoulders.

So the information released today.....

1. 10,000 hours (with its 984 St Mirren fans) are very close to concluding a deal to buy the club. That's what most of us want.

2. Those 984 St Mirren fans will have a direct say in whether the blue bigots are in the SPL next season. That's what most of us want.

Why all the gnashing of teeth?

Remember here that this is intended to deliver the opinion of the 10000Hours members to the board, it is not definining the decision the board will make which remains entirely their call to make.

JB - On point 2 I think you're wrong, if the vote on Newco remains with the consortium still in control of the club then the fans have no direct say.

Like I said before I reckon there are plenty more twists and turns in the Newco debate, although a number of clubs have expressed their desire for expelling Newco from the SPL within the last few days, who knows what specific proposals will be presented when the vote is to be made and what swivel room will be available for clubs/chairmen to say they are acting in the best interests of their clubs/Scottish football - I can see a scenario where the consortium are the bad guys letting Newco stay in the SPL and the CIC say "If only...................."

Edited by Bud the Baker

They've even tried to fiddle the vote further. Now it will only be signed up 10000 Hours members that will get a say on the scumgers vote. 10000 Hours dependent on scumgers being in the SPL......only 10000 Hours members get to vote on it. 10000 Hours doesn;t even exist at this point in time and yet the club is putting 10000 Hours members views above the rest of the support

In order to get a say in whether scumgers stay in the league or not you need to sign up to £1.5Million of debt. If you're not in the CIC then you're no longer a valued customer of SMFC.

Oh away you go! If you have a view on NewCo then put it together sensibly and submit it to the Board. Lord knows, they'll be scared not to read it and reply in case they are on the end of more inane forum drivel.

Oh away you go! If you have a view on NewCo then put it together sensibly and submit it to the Board. Lord knows, they'll be scared not to read it and reply in case they are on the end of more inane forum drivel.

Actually....I pinched that view from another supporter who posted it on the official site.

Surely it is the club who should be consulting with the supporters, (perhaps the season ticket holders) and not 10000 Hours who are an entity external to St Mirren FC. Irrespective of who it is though I have no dobt what the resposne will be.

The bottom line is that 10000 Hours are not representative of the St Mirren support and they also have a vested interest in a specific outcome - scumgers staying in the SPL. The last people organising this vote should be 10000 Hours. I would let a genuinely independent organisation like SMiSA run it in conjuction with the club. The club sanctioning that would be allowed to use the SMFC database. Why would 10000 Hours be against that?

Actually....I pinched that view from another supporter who posted it on the official site.

The bottom line is that 10000 Hours are not representative of the St Mirren support and they also have a vested interest in a specific outcome - scumgers staying in the SPL. The last people organising this vote should be 10000 Hours. I would let a genuinely independent organisation like SMiSA run it in conjuction with the club. The club sanctioning that would be allowed to use the SMFC database. Why would 10000 Hours be against that?

Sid procuring his arguments from the OS forum...?

Who'd have thunk it?

Sid procuring his arguments from the OS forum...?

Who'd have thunk it?

thumbup2.gif It was just to make a point Drew.....any concerns are jumped upon with accompaying personal attacks. As you know I quite like that kind of thing anyway; however the fishal site bizarrely has more people prepared to speak out against the CIC and the consortium than this site does. Its a very bizarre role reversal from the old web wars many moons back.

You also end up with good posts with very real concerns buried in amongst blah, blah - empty-headed interpretation posts from the usual suspects.....I know cos I was as guilty of it as anyone in the past. As one of the few posters to were both shoes (reborn disnae count - he's a nutter), trying to raise concerns and get reasonable answers is night on impossible. CIC support is now a runaway train full of irrational bollox. I genuinely fear for the future of our club if this madness continues. The sooner the plug is pulled the better for the sake of the sanity of the support.

Div has said that if Sky pull out we will be in administration within a few months.So with or without new owners it wont matter a toss we are f**ked along with the rest of the clubs if it happens.

If the club end up anywhere near administration SMiSA could take over for a fiver and we could have genuine fan ownership with our tenner-a-moth investment going straight into the running of the club.....if we're going to just throw out any old bollox imaginary scenarios. All this scaremongering is a disgrace. Time the fans told the BoD and 10000 Hours put up or f"k off...that's proper fan empowerment and you don't need to pay £10-a-month to vote some some other cnut to think about whether they want to accept your guidance or not.

thumbup2.gif It was just to make a point Drew.....any concerns are jumped upon with accompaying personal attacks. As you know I quite like that kind of thing anyway; however the fishal site bizarrely has more people prepared to speak out against the CIC and the consortium than this site does. Its a very bizarre role reversal from the old web wars many moons back.

You also end up with good posts with very real concerns buried in amongst blah, blah - empty-headed interpretation posts from the usual suspects.....I know cos I was as guilty of it as anyone in the past. As one of the few posters to were both shoes (reborn disnae count - he's a nutter), trying to raise concerns and get reasonable answers is night on impossible. CIC support is now a runaway train full of irrational bollox. I genuinely fear for the future of our club if this madness continues. The sooner the plug is pulled the better for the sake of the sanity of the support.

The alternative is what, exactly?

There is no point on pissing on the initiative unless you have a viable and preferable alternative to offer.

As you might recall from my earlier posts on the CiC, I've always been pretty sceptical about this, and was late in committing. I remain sceptical in many respects, but I'm willing to take a punt. Life consists of taking many punts, in my weary experience, as there are few absolutes or certainties (death and taxes, by all accounts, unless you're Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow , of course....).

I'm no 10000Hours cheerleader, but I can't see any other options on the table just now. Of course, I could simply sit by and snipe from the sidelines, but I support radical change in the game in Scotland, and sniping from the sidelines doesn't strike me as the most constructive way in which to influence that change (however limited such influence might be). I wouldn't consider myself as naive, either. Everyone has an agenda, and personal motivation for pursuing a course of action, or making a decision. So I'll be maintaining my (constructively) critical stance.

*edit - typos*

Edited by Drew

If there is one thing I have learnt today is too many clubs including our own will go into administration if Sky was to pull out of Scottish football. Jesus is that how much a TV company has us over a barrow. I’m totally bewildered.

It also puts into question the fan’s ownership. Sky ever pull out of Scottish football in the next 8 years then CIC could be in shit creek. Could these sort of questions not have been clarified at the CIC meetings. Maybe it’s me just a big daft idiot that can’t see it.

If there is one thing I have learnt today is too many clubs including our own will go into administration if Sky was to pull out of Scottish football. Jesus is that how much a TV company has us over a barrow. I’m totally bewildered.

It also puts into question the fan’s ownership. Sky ever pull out of Scottish football in the next 8 years then CIC could be in shit creek. Could these sort of questions not have been clarified at the CIC meetings. Maybe it’s me just a big daft idiot that can’t see it.

The problem isn't just Sky pulling out Iain, it's the timing of the whole thing.

If Sky were to say they were pulling out the season after this one then the club could make very painful decisions but it would cut it's cloth according to income and it would survive.

The problem we face is that we are potentially looking at revenues disappearing or vastly reducing THIS season. We have 23 first team players all signed and committed to contracts and that means we are exposed to spending money that potentially we would not have to spend.

Again, this is a doomsday scenario, but at the moment the risk IS there and it is prudent for everyone to wait another 2-3 weeks until the picture is clearer so that we all know what we are dealing with.

I genuinely can't see what the big fuss is about waiting. It is frustrating but it is sensible and prudent and I can't believe anyone (except Sid whos is unhinged) would be recklessly promoting a strategy that saw 10000Hours gambling not only it's members money, but the very future of the football club.

I think we can all see that we are living through exceptionl times. What are the chances of another club as big as rangers(dead) going out of business in the next 8 years. I would hazard a guess at none, even though most of us would dearly love the other half to do one also. It is prudent of 10000Hours to protect their members from purchasing the club only to find out 4 weeks later that the club is not viable, a waste of the CIC's money and time, and lets remember that the majority of CICer's are also St Mirren Supporters so it would be a double whammy lost money that could have helped the club and now no funds to put the club into fan ownership. Can anyone blame them for being cautious. I certainly won't.

They've even tried to fiddle the vote further. Now it will only be signed up 10000 Hours members that will get a say on the scumgers vote. 10000 Hours dependent on scumgers being in the SPL......only 10000 Hours members get to vote on it. 10000 Hours doesn;t even exist at this point in time and yet the club is putting 10000 Hours members views above the rest of the support

In order to get a say in whether scumgers stay in the league or not you need to sign up to £1.5Million of debt. If you're not in the CIC then you're no longer a valued customer of SMFC.

Disgraceful post Sid! I have ignored most of the nonsense written in this thread but this is complete and utter bollocks and you know it.

The BoD of SMFC are asking the CiC members because, as the statement says, they form a 1000-person strong voice in the club. If 10000 Hours didn't exist, there would be no consultation.

You don't want to sign up cos God know why and you make a big song and dance about not doing so and then you make a big song and dance about not being afforded the privilege that signed-up CiC members have.

You can't have it both ways. Sign up and earn the right to have your say. Don't sign up and don't have the right. But you simply can't not sign up then demand the rights that are given to those who have.

This is the future of our football club and you seem to think it is fair game to play around with. Of all the stuff you have posted, this is totally shameful!

I genuinely can't see what the big fuss is about waiting. It is frustrating but it is sensible and prudent and I can't believe anyone (except Sid whos is unhinged) would be recklessly promoting a strategy that saw 10000Hours gambling not only it's members money, but the very future of the football club.

I have no problem waiting Div, but I think momentum will have been lost given the big push we've witnessed in the last week or so, only to be faced with yet another delay. People will potentially start to feel a bit dubious about the process, and having been prompted to sign up by such and such a date, only for the immediacy to ebb away - yet again.

Surely the 10000Hours team and the consortium were fully aware of the exeptional circumstances, and could have factored this into their negotiations as opposed to having various deadlines extended time and again. There was no more uncertainty last night than there was the same time last week. This, along with the two mystery bids, leaves me feeling a bit more cynical about the process than I might otherwise have been had there been greater transparency.

Edited by Drew

Disgraceful post Sid! I have ignored most of the nonsense written in this thread but this is complete and utter bollocks and you know it.

The BoD of SMFC are asking the CiC members because, as the statement says, they form a 1000-person strong voice in the club. If 10000 Hours didn't exist, there would be no consultation.

You don't want to sign up cos God know why and you make a big song and dance about not doing so and then you make a big song and dance about not being afforded the privilege that signed-up CiC members have.

You can't have it both ways. Sign up and earn the right to have your say. Don't sign up and don't have the right. But you simply can't not sign up then demand the rights that are given to those who have.

This is the future of our football club and you seem to think it is fair game to play around with. Of all the stuff you have posted, this is totally shameful!

Usual petty emotive outrage that doesn't actually deal with the question. Why is it other SPL clubs are asking all of their fans - fans that don;t have to pay anything to vote....and it is all fans - not just a select few that have a vested interest in voting a certain way.

Not all fans have been gullible enough to sign up to the CIC ktf. In fact the majority of St Mirren fans have chosen not to join the CIC. Now a minority will be making a massive decision based on their willingness to pay for something they barely understand.

This vote is important enough to go the the entire St Mirren community - remember the St Mirren community ktf...the people that the CIC was supposed to be all about. Is this how the community is going to be treated moving forward?

It is frustrating but it is sensible and prudent and I can't believe anyone (except Sid whos is unhinged) would be recklessly promoting a strategy that saw 10000Hours gambling not only it's members money, but the very future of the football club.

A wee bit naughty there div......I have actually been fairly clear on my psoition on this. I have no interest in waiting. The decision on scumgers is clear and easy - St Mirren should vote no - end of.

If the CIC can't happen without scumgers in the SPL then that is also an easy decision - no CIC. So why delay the decision on the SPL vote, and why not put it to ALL supporters, not just CIC members. This should be decided by the entire St Mirren community.

Usual petty emotive outrage that doesn't actually deal with the question. Why is it other SPL clubs are asking all of their fans - fans that don;t have to pay anything to vote....and it is all fans - not just a select few that have a vested interest in voting a certain way.

Not all fans have been gullible enough to sign up to the CIC ktf. In fact the majority of St Mirren fans have chosen not to join the CIC. Now a minority will be making a massive decision based on their willingness to pay for something they barely understand.

This vote is important enough to go the the entire St Mirren community - remember the St Mirren community ktf...the people that the CIC was supposed to be all about. Is this how the community is going to be treated moving forward?

:lol:

You accuse of emotive outrage

:lol:

M*therwell have put their consultation to the Well Society (specifically signed and and paying members of a organisation). If you can provide us all with the information on how the other clubs are consulting their members (every fan, as you claim) I'd be keen to see that.

The CiC has sought to being the St Mirren community together. Some like BtB and (in fairness to him) somner9 have made their stance clear from the offset and have stood with the St Mirren community but from an opposing stance. You have actively sought to bring fracture to the St Mirren community.

You know as much as I do that this is a diddy football fans' forum (sorry Div) and isn't the real world. However what is said on here has a very real impact in the real world. My suggestion to you, if you genuinely want to be heard in all of this, is to put your concerns and suggestions to the BoD by email, writing or phone. I'm sure they will be more than accommodating.

Which ones are those then Sid, Motherwell are asking the "Well society" by no means all fans, Dundee Utd asked supporters groups again not all of there fans, Hearts (well no), Aberdeen (Nope), Inverness (Nope), Killie (unconfirmed that all fans will be asked). So I will happily concede if you can point me in the direction of just one SPL club that have surveyed all of their fans for their opinions.

You do make valid points in some of it, but keep the fanciful statements for Somner.

Edited by ADMITCHELL

Which ones are those then Sid, Motherwell are asking the "Well society" by no means all fans, Dundee Utd asked supporters groups again not all of there fans, Hearts (well no), Aberdeen (Nope), Inverness (Nope), Killie (unconfirmed that all fans will be asked). So I will happily concede if you can point me in the direction of just one SPL club that have surveyed all of their fans for their opinions.

You do make valid points in some of it, but keep the fanciful statements for Somner.

Killie are putting it to their fans......aberdeen are consulting with all of their fans as have Dundee United. They have not restricted it to a single organisation and especially not one that has just put in a conditional offer to take a controlling interest in the club, that have already started making noises about the business implications and how it could impact their bid progressing.

All fans should get a vote on this.

Surely we are not seeing a situation where SG & Co delay the decision on the CiC just so that they can vote on the Newco.

Remember folks, No Newco = revised buying price = less £ for The Consortium.

I'm sure they will do the right thing and vote against these chancers.

All the rabid talk of "nae Sky deal".....does anyone seriously think that another broadcaster won't fill the void, albeit at a reduced rate, but if split equally, the clubs might not be that worse off. Apart from Celtic, and that's as good an argument as any.