Message To 10000 Hours & Mr Gilmour - From The Fans

Question for Stu....If Sky keep the deal for next season how much do the clubs lose without Sevco??

I've no idea - but to develop the point I'm making it would be absolutely bonkers to pay £1.5m or £1.2m or whatever it is for 52% of the shares at this time, when you could pick up 100% of the club for a great deal less once the club goes into administration.

As fans we have the luxury of voting with our hearts regarding NEWCO Rangers.

After all it is the sound moral and ethical position to take.

In the cold light of day - business must come first - Other wise we wont have a fully stable SPL. There are several clubs Im sure that could follow Rangers into Admin if they lose out on gate and TV revenues and this could be disasterous for us all. Kilmarnock first Probably.

I dont think we are one of the clubs that would face possible administration but I think we would certainly face a degree of hardship, our board will put thier business heads on and vote YES.

I'd have to agree with them, If indeed they do choose this option.

Edited by ped

No to the Newco.

That way we can watch the cheats of Killie die too. They are banking on 18,000 ***garians paying their way into their ground on opening day.

4,500 against Dundee or Dunfermline, thank you very much, thats all you're getting.

The SFL/SPL/SFA should be thinking more to the future, as should all clubs and with that there should be an even spread of the cash in our game. Time to stop lining the pockets of below par players.

Div 3 should be an under 21 league. The clubs in the lower leagues spend too much money on players who are past it and hanging around looking for a wage as these teams put themselves in debt trying to get to the top table.

No to Newco

Any scaremongering around losses is just that.... scaremongering. They ALWAYS overestimate the losses.

e.g.

NO Sky cash....................... Mince, if Sky are not there someone else will be

Loss of all sponsorship...... Mince, who would want to be condoning cheating by publicly withdrawing their support?

Loss of gate money from ExGers visits....... Mince, Club 12 fans (less in numbers certainly) will attend and there will be less stewarding/policing costs to the Club. Also the home gate will go up because 'they' are not there.

Loss of Hospitality.............. Possibly, but theirs only one thing worse than and Arrogant ExGers fan... A Corporate Arrogant ExGers fan

NO TO NEWCO

Who are the 9 who voted for them to be admitted? Shame it isn't a public poll as we could name and shame them.

Sigh! So much for supporting freedom of speech!

NO TO NEWCO under any conditions whatsoever.

No 3rd division, nothing.

Rangers have died.

Stop whining about Sky and difficult decisions and man up FFS.

Stop talking about the "best interests of the club" because if you truly believe that the best interests of the club includes going against the vehement and repeated wishes of 99% of your paying customers then you are a f**king fruitcake who would make Sid appear sane.

Who are the 9 who voted for them to be admitted? Shame it isn't a public poll as we could name and shame them.

Well we can narrow it down slightly, I'm pretty sure, going by posts elsewhere, that Shull is NOT one of the nine. wink.png

he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't consider the potential impact to the football club of various scenarios happening on the back of the horrible lot not being in the SPL.

My issue is, The Club only seem to be thinking of the Cons of their being no Rangers.Newco.

I firmly believe, the Pro's far outweigh the cons but so far, we haven't actually looked at a balanced argument of for or and against. Weigh the Pro's against the Cons and it is a no brainer. No to the newco.

Cons- Reduced income

Reduced gate from not having 1 or 2 Rankers matches?? {by how much?? Cut your cloth accordingly = sorted}.

TV money. Clubs should have learned after the Setanta deal, not to rely on TV money as guaranteed income.

Pro's -

The OF Stranglehold on Scottish football is broken {If a newco is voted back in, they will be back at it with celtic}

Reduced Policing Costs as we won't have to police their knuggledragging support.

Reduced dissention amongst St Mirren's own fans who are persecuted by the stewards to sit down at all times whilst no action is taken with Rangers & Celtic supporters who stand throughout. {Fear of causing a riot??. Is that an environment we want in Scottish football?

Increased competition amongst the rest of the league. The league will no longer be the predictable 2 horse race.

Without Rankers, I expect Celtic will weaken naturally therefore further making the SPL a proper competition {they will dominate to start with but in time, they will weaken}

One less of 2 teams that deliberately rape and pillage the other SPL clubs of their best players to warm their subs benches.

Rankers supporters will not abandon football altogether. Like every discernible junkie, they'll want their football fix. Without "the big hoose", they'll start going to their local clubs {majority I would think} or choose another team they think might be in with a chance of glory. Either way, Every other SPL club {but perhaps not Celtic} will get an increase in attendances regularly {thus, negating the 1 con as over a season, the gate money from home Rankers games will be evened out at least}

There will be TV money, without Rankers, every other club except Celtic can negotiate a fairer slice of whatever TV money their is. I'd also tell Celtic their big slice is getting smaller too for for fairer distribution {any complaints from them & tell them GTF too}

One bully{rankers} has gone from Scottish Football {it's about time Scottish Football implemented an AntiBullying Policy}

I'm sure there are a few more..... but that'll do for starters.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

My issue is, The Club only seem to be thinking of the Cons of their being no Rangers.Newco.

I firmly believe, the Pro's far outweigh the cons but so far, we haven't actually looked at a balanced argument of for or and against. Weigh the Pro's against the Cons and it is a no brainer. No to the newco.

Cons- Reduced income

Reduced gate from not having 1 or 2 Rankers matches?? {by how much?? Cut your cloth accordingly = sorted}.

TV money. Clubs should have learned after the Setanta deal, not to rely on TV money as guaranteed income.

Pro's -

The OF Stranglehold on Scottish football is broken {If a newco is voted back in, they will be back at it with celtic}

Reduced Policing Costs as we won't have to police their knuggledragging support.

Reduced dissention amongst St Mirren's own fans who are persecuted by the stewards to sit down at all times whilst no action is taken with Rangers & Celtic supporters who stand throughout. {Fear of causing a riot??. Is that an environment we want in Scottish football?

Increased competition amongst the rest of the league. The league will no longer be the predictable 2 horse race.

Without Rankers, I expect Celtic will weaken naturally therefore further making the SPL a proper competition {they will dominate to start with but in time, they will weaken}

One less of 2 teams that deliberately rape and pillage the other SPL clubs of their best players to warm their subs benches.

Rankers supporters will not abandon football altogether. Like every discernible junkie, they'll want their football fix. Without "the big hoose", they'll start going to their local clubs {majority I would think} or choose another team they think might be in with a chance of glory. Either way, Every other SPL club {but perhaps not Celtic} will get an increase in attendances regularly {thus, negating the 1 con as over a season, the gate money from home Rankers games will be evened out at least}

There will be TV money, without Rankers, every other club except Celtic can negotiate a fairer slice of whatever TV money their is. I'd also tell Celtic their big slice is getting smaller too for for fairer distribution {any complaints from them & tell them GTF too}

One bully{rankers} has gone from Scottish Football {it's about time Scottish Football implemented an AntiBullying Policy}

would you be happy to sit beside a knuckle dragging *** fan in the Saints end or should we just section a side of W7 so as not to be tainted by their bigot infections

or actually - do most Saints fans not know / drink with / work with / related to some decent Rangers supporters who may just fancy a Saturday football fix and a pint whilst happy to cheer on the Saints whisl the newco is away at Elgin?

Edited by Liverpool Bud

Cons- Reduced income

Pro's -

What are the cons of reduced income? At a guess SKY will still be involved to some much lesser extent, but not enough to prevent some clubs going to the wall. Can someone explain whether it is high likely a St.Mirren CVA would be accepted?

Much as I despise what was the Old Firm I wonder if there's an element of burn the witches (which is only 100% acceptable for Rebekkah Brooks). Personally div 3 seems like a reasonable solution along with better revenue sharing and voting rules IMO. After all haven't all SPL boards acted immorally spending TV money they didn't have and so putting the clubs at very real risk. And the supporters have quietly gone along with this - Old Firm contract opt out or not - in theory SKY could crash at any time. We as supporters have to take some responsibility for where we are. One option might be a government loan along with supporters financial input. Just that it's a hellish time to find cash with the economy unlikely to fully recover for a number of years. And if we think the quality of the SPL is very poor now think again.

would you be happy to sit beside a knuckle dragging *** fan in the Saints end or should we just section a side of W7 so as not to be tainted by their bigot infections

or actually - do most Saints fans not know / drink with / work with / related to some decent Rangers supporters who may just fancy a Saturday football fix and a pint whilst happy to cheer on the Saints whisl the newco is away at Elgin?

as appens, I was sat beside a Rangers fan at the ill fated 9 v 11 League cup final. As I was sat beside him at the 87 cup final, last game at Love Street, 1st game at Greenhill Road & he in no way shape or form has any affinity for St Mirren other than he is happy to come along to matches with me for the sake of going to the football.

There is a distinct disparity in how OF fans are managed at away grounds compared to that of the home fans {they are not challenged to sit down whereas Saints fans can be ejected from the ground. Do we need that pish in this day & age. I will argue that we don't.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Mr Gilmour & 10000 hours -

Quite simply - you just dont undertsand most of the clubs fans & the lower league clubs fans.

This mess requires cleaning up - Div 3 is the correct resolution - nothing less will do.

The SPL heirachy should face a vote of their own - a vote of "no confidence"